What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few weeks ago I finally swapped to aftermarket wheels - downsizing to 17" Black Motegi Traklites with Ventus V12 Evo2 rubber, but never got a chance for a good glamour shot (also I was waiting on cleaning up the brakes).

Finally got it all done this afternoon, just in time for a nice rain to clean the car adn a great moment for a photo.

In the last week I have installed:
  • Acuity cable bushings
  • Acuity pedal spacer
  • black Acuity shift boot collar
  • Centric rotors and Evo carbon-fiber ceramic pads
  • 27Won leather shift knob
  • smoked led rear bumper "reflectors" (iJDMTOY style)
I also:
  • painted all 4 calipers black with G2 paint (fml, cleaning the calipers sucked)
  • tinted my third brake light with Luminx charcoal film (the only wrapped light on my car - I looked everywhere for a smoked lens...)
  • updated Hondahack and got the custom boot video configured (it is a neat little personalized touch)
  • installed John NESS and John SNES (nes/snes emulators) on the head unit and my controller worked with the center console usb port oob! (perfect for waiting in a drive thru line or for a long train at a railroad crossing)
  • mapped the reverse cam in Hondahack to the down arrow button on the steering wheel dpad (this is super fucking handy for rolling neutral backwards down my driveway)
  • detailed the engine bay
  • Moved to the MAPerformance #2 stage 1 tune for daily driving
Next projects:

All 4 the insight leather door armrests (Deep Black) are in the mail en route and the center console pieces ship on the 20th. Red fabricmate dye pen is also in the mail (for dying the center console stitching red to match thre Si trim).

I plan to order the Acuity short shifter soon too.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) rain si
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Do these come only in red? Do you think this will look good with the Green Si Coupe? I do not want the original mats because they are junk, I have never had a mat wear through in a year in my entire life, if ever.
I think they are only in red that I’ve seen. The only reason I got them is because my car is red. Me personally I would only put them in a black or red car. The mats are really good quality. If you like them tho go for it!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
  • Moved to the MAPerformance #2 stage 1 tune for daily driving
I never hear anything about this tune, despite it being made by a popular and active forum sponsor. Good experiences with it so far?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not pictured besides the intake and rotors but some parts I got installed:

PRL street CAI (should’ve gone with race MAF but it is what it is)
PRL FMIC w/ charge pipes
Koyorad radiator
R1 carbon drilled/slotted rotors
Powerstop z23 ceramic brake pads
Type-r sub frame brace
27won RMM

Went to Samurai Motors in Las Vegas. Dropped off yesterday, picked up today. Yoshi, the owner, saved me about $700 on install compared to another shop in town. If you’re ever in Vegas, hit them up. They know their stuff. They also did my oil change a couple days ago - Amsoil 0w20.

Thought about installing myself but I work 7 days a week now due to covid (in healthcare) so I’d rather not spend a day off wrenching on my only car lol

3747462A-3D2B-4E62-A16C-71D1C3AD4B86.jpeg

36F87999-2C83-4BF1-9063-13C45E6C7379.jpeg
Thank you for your service! ? Stay healthy!

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
How is the scent? I still have the "new car smell" on mine, and dont want it to go away quite yet :p
It’s supposed to be scentless I use the new car scent spray by chemical guys afterwards

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First time using Chemical Guys products. I like it!
49384412-AAC8-4154-9E57-DBD861403642.jpeg
A79B75C7-69B9-48EE-B901-AD4BF950619E.jpeg
43C943E7-3F21-441F-B209-B6350D5B2190.jpeg
8951403D-9112-4795-8E6B-E08A54D423BD.jpeg

little bit interior detailing! Rainy day in NJ! I was gonna wash my car.
My favorite thing is washing my car on my day off ? My gf little jealous about my car. She asked me today That I love my car more or her? ? i started to touch my steering wheel like touching her hair ??she got mad!!!
oh hell naw.
now that’s messed up! lol I’m sure it’s the other way around here with my boyfriend. But I’m not obsessed with cleaning my car, maybe a little lol. Btw, where did you get your interior mats from that has the blue edging? Amazon? I’ve looked for those but can never find them lol.

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never hear anything about this tune, despite it being made by a popular and active forum sponsor. Good experiences with it so far?
Yeah. I was running a modified ktuner tune last year. I like the low end power from the MAPerformance tune, especially map #2. I may spring for a TSP tune to A/B them. Unlike the MAP tune, the TSP tune is mostly locked down (cannot make changes). I appreciate that the MAP tune is completely open.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
oh hell naw.
now that’s messed up! lol I’m sure it’s the other way around here with my boyfriend. But I’m not obsessed with cleaning my car, maybe a little lol. Btw, where did you get your interior mats from that has the blue edging? Amazon? I’ve looked for those but can never find them lol.
It was the first thing that I got for my car. You're gonna like it! I bought blue color but I ended up with red interior ?I may buy red one for matching rest of interior! These mats help to keep clean specially cup holder spots.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was the first thing that I got for my car. You're gonna like it! I bought blue color but I ended up with red interior ?I may buy red one for matching rest of interior! These mats help to keep clean specially cup holder spots.
Well if you buy the red and don’t want the blue, sell them to me lol I have a sedan

BrightFriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
First time using Chemical Guys products. I like it!
49384412-AAC8-4154-9E57-DBD861403642.jpeg
A79B75C7-69B9-48EE-B901-AD4BF950619E.jpeg
43C943E7-3F21-441F-B209-B6350D5B2190.jpeg
8951403D-9112-4795-8E6B-E08A54D423BD.jpeg

little bit interior detailing! Rainy day in NJ! I was gonna wash my car.
My favorite thing is washing my car on my day off ? My gf little jealous about my car. She asked me today That I love my car more or her? ? i started to touch my steering wheel like touching her hair ??she got mad!!!
Excuse me, stop lying to us. You bought a new car and didn't use a cleaner. Anyway. Holy crap it looks good ?