What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Unity side markers in and now I'm a little leary. I have quite a history with side markers. I started with smoked Depo markers but felt they were blah on my dark Cosmic Blue. Tight as a drum, no moistue issues. Sold them to a member here. Bought Helix (Unity) clear/amber ones but never used them because I decided I didn't like the clear. Sold them to a member here.

Now I have the smoked/amber ones and they look terrific but seeing water puddling in kimchero's pic has me second guessing whether or not to install these. We get tons of rain here.
I would go back with the clear and choose one of these tints as an overlay

https://vvividshop.com/search?type=product&q=hex*

just a thought,
and if you like it...maybe continue the theme with the front headlamps?
Sponsored

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I got my Unity side markers in and now I'm a little leary. I have quite a history with side markers. I started with smoked Depo markers but felt they were blah on my dark Codmic Blue. Sold them to a member here. Bought Helix (Unity) clear/amber ones but never used them because I decided I didt like the clear. Sold them to a member here.

Now I have the smoked/ambers ones and they look terrific but seeing wster puddling in kimchero's pic has me second guessing whether or not to install these. We get tons of rain here.
I've had mine in for months now, and haven't had any condensation, let alone pooling. Lots of rain here, too.

Unity has a video showing how to put the plumber's tape on. Go to 5:40 in the video:

I followed that video when I installed mine. No issues so far. But like with any product, there's always the chance of defects slipping through QC.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine in for months now, and haven't had any condensation, let alone pooling. Lots of rain here, too.

Unity has a video showing how to put the plumber's tape on. Go to 5:40 in the video:

I followed that video when I installed mine. No issues so far. But like with any product, there's always the chance of defects slipping through QC.
Oh I've seen the video and in the back of my mind wonder if the design could be improved so DIY on a brand new product wasn't even necessary. Or is this plumber's tape addition strictly optional?

Last edited:

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Oh I've seen the video and in the back of my mind wonder if the design could be improved so DIY on a brand new product wasn't even necessary. Or is this plumber's tape addition strictly optional?
I installed mine without the tape. After putting them on I took the car to wash it. I didn't have moisture issues and I really sprayed them and the wheel well to try and make them manifest. It's only been about a week though. It might have been a production error on Kimchero's pair. Hopefully we find out soon.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Optional, from what I remember him saying. This is honestly the first time I've seen mention of them getting condensation inside, personally.

But I do agree, improvements are always good and welcomed.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I have the smoked/amber ones and they look terrific but seeing water puddling in kimchero's pic has me second guessing whether or not to install these. We get tons of rain here.

I've had Helix side makers first smoked amber for over a year and now smoked white for over six months. Neither set leaked. No plumbers tape added.

I wouldn't worry. Even if there is an issue, @CanadiaegeanBlue will make it right.

Anonymous8Bit

First Name
Jernelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I just bought this for my wives 2020 Charger. I bought it because it works great if you put it in a spray bottle and wipe bugs off at every gas station fill up.
Lol my wife says I get too excited about my car and cleaning stuff. I just bought a hand pump sprayer from harbor freight can’t wait to use this stuff ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Member classifieds would be the best place to post a for sale ad.

Edit: I posted this in response to a guy posting a for sale spoiler ad in this thread, which he later deleted. Just mentioning this for those wondering what the heck I'm talking about.

Last edited:

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's optional, and pretty much that if you have it on you then you can do it :) It's a rather recent recommendation too since the number of people with them already or getting them is growing at a fast pace where I have to factor in a tiny margin for either install error or product defect - adding a few layers of teflon helps reduce the error rate. Either way, I do my best to help since I love seeing them around the world - 3,000+ sets sent to over 40 countries/regions now ?

Any room for improvement I can always consider. For example, right now on my desk I have different rubber o-rings, multiple sockets, OEM and my side markers; testing various combinations because I do feel that the Honda o-ring could be better - when I find the perfect one, I'll start including them in the packages. Even OEM Amber side markers can fog up as I've seen a handful of them that way from changing out on around 250 10th Gens myself. It's hard to see however on the Amber since the lens is heavily fluted, and typically if you're still rocking the factory ones then you don't necessarily care to check them. I pay attention to other 10th Gens on the road, my eyes go to the Side Markers naturally, and I see plenty with the factory housing and burnt out bulb. One thing I did plan with my manufacturer was to seal the LED Chip separately within the housing so if moisture does get in, the LED's are protected to a certain extent for you to remove, dry it out, and re-install :)

rbnav

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I went ahead and trimmed off around 1/8" from the bottom of all the B pillar pieces. For some reason, they designed them to go over the rubber door weatherstripping which made no sense to me. It sucks when you buy something "custom made" and you still have to fix it to fit properly, but it is what it is. My cutting wasn't perfect but you'd have to be looking for it to notice. They now go right to the edge of the weatherstripping.

The carbon fiber used in these is beautiful. Real carbon fiber is one of those things that's downright mesmerizing when the light hits it right. It's also difficult to take a decent picture of but here's a quick pic taken from my phone:

IMG_20200728_113922459_HDR-01.jpeg
Is this an overlay or did you replace stock pillars? Debating if I want to get mine gloss black

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this an overlay or did you replace stock pillars? Debating if I want to get mine gloss black
It's a relatively thin overlay attached with 3M tape.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Upgraded factory speakers except for the centre and subwoofer to JL Audio C1 Components with RD900 5CH amplifier and 12" box.
hows the sound now?
Sponsored