What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Yo cuz where did you get that pump from? I wouldn't mind using that lol. Does it get all the oil out?
It’s a Mityvac 7201 fluid evacuator. Got it on amazon for $100.

as long as you feed the tube to the bottom of the oil pan, it pulls out as much oil as the car is supposed to have. In this case, a little more than that actually. Not all, but enough for an A service (oil only, no filter change)

on certain cars where the filter is accessible from the top, like the GTI, you can do the full oil and filter change without lifting the car off the ground at all.
Sponsored

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a Mityvac 7201 fluid evacuator. Got it on amazon for $100.

as long as you feed the tube to the bottom of the oil pan, it pulls out as much oil as the car is supposed to have. In this case, a little more than that actually. Not all, but enough for an A service (oil only, no filter change)

on certain cars where the filter is accessible from the top, like the GTI, you can do the full oil and filter change without lifting the car off the ground at all.
That’s a pretty cool tool to keep in garage for sure!!

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Start to look into the package, and opened these 2 big envelopes, it's the catalogs straight from Honda and Toyota Japan :love:
I got the catalog for the facelifted Civic (Hatchback and Sedan) the FK8 is not available yet. Also another one for the Supra.

Honestly, it doesn't tell anything that I can't find on the internet, but it's certainly a pleasure to read it on hands in actual paper form. The Supra one is really good too, including both sides of the cover, 60 pages of really nice paper, just like reading an overpriced magazine.

I think I'm addicted to catalogs again lol there's still some used ones on the way, for the pre facelift Civic and the 2000 Galant VR4!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200618_234235
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200618_234524