What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
Today I would have been installing my strut bar when eBay emailed me stating I’ll receive my shipment today it to my surprise the box was smaller and heavier it turn out to be headers for a mustang :(

9634F43D-E53E-4BAA-BD60-28A2560B24EF.jpeg
what a nice surprise!

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My long waited big package from Japan have finally arrived, Christmas time!!:D (delayed for 2 months due to the travel restrictions:cry:)

Just realized there's really not much for the FK7 lol
Or, to be fair, there's something for all 3 of my vehicles, and things for the FK7 is something really small but kinda unique:cool: will report later.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200616_121136

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I would have been installing my strut bar when eBay emailed me stating I’ll receive my shipment today it to my surprise the box was smaller and heavier it turn out to be headers for a mustang :(

9634F43D-E53E-4BAA-BD60-28A2560B24EF.jpeg
Oh no ??‍♀ I would be pissed and filing a complaint with eBay ASAP! Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you’ll get your stuff soon. Btw, like your profile pic! Lol ?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Oh no ??‍♀ I would be pissed and filing a complaint with eBay ASAP! Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you’ll get your stuff soon. Btw, like your profile pic! Lol ?
Thanks. The seller on eBay was quick to react and apologized for the mess up I returned it right away yes hopefully they’ll send me the right item

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If we’re not supposed to
Use alcohol to clean the surface of our cars, then what can we use to prep an area for adding 3M tape on it without ruining the clear coat? Asking for a friend. ?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
If we’re not supposed to
Use alcohol to clean the surface of our cars, then what can we use to prep an area for adding 3M tape on it without ruining the clear coat? Asking for a friend. ?
I have used 3M tape many times with my car and have had no issues. I just used water to scrub the car, but you could prob use soap also.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If we’re not supposed to
You can use alcohol to clean the area for the tape to adhere better. In fact, that makes sense to me. Alcohol will strip the wax. It does not ruin the clear coat. Just retreat the surrounding area after you finish the install and you'll be good.

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
I attempted to chrome delete my bumper, I messed up a couple of spots, its ok for now, will be doing a redo though

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200616_192147~2

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200616_192136~2