What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I want to vinyl wrap the chrome part of my windows a matte black. Do any of y'all know of a good brand? Thank you in advance ?
KromeDelete <—if I remember the brand correctly. It’s what I used to wrap that part of my car. Albeit it is rather pricier than getting the vinyl yourself and cutting to the specific dimensions. Check it out

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing what a traffic stop doing triple digits will do for your mpgs. :cool:

After that scared shitless moment, I've had a very light foot. Normally I would average 34-35 mpg for a tankful. Got gas today and my average was 40.2 mpg for the tank. Thank you officer! :thumbsup:

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Plasti-dipped the badging and got smoked side markers on this week

964CFA57-6F81-4689-B1B4-812C8A27807D.jpeg

9F2CA3D3-9657-4A8E-87AA-6FE01CF63398.jpeg

AEB5D049-C3CE-4C82-88CD-B969E8D5A748.jpeg
Plasti Dipping the badges is my next task. How was it doing the front badge? Did you just stuff something into the recesses before spraying? Like crumpled up newspaper or something?

nitty896

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Plasti Dipping the badges is my next task. How was it doing the front badge? Did you just stuff something into the recesses before spraying? Like crumpled up newspaper or something?
No I just taped up around the outside. I didn’t even bother peeling the recessed areas when I was done since it was black anyway

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tinted tail lights

4B7A7168-E2D9-4C12-B056-1019F7B28345.jpeg
Although a sweet mod, how is your reverse light visibility? If you're still rocking stock reverse bulbs, I'd probably swap with LED's. But I wanna get your take on the matter. :hmm:

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
Although a sweet mod, how is your reverse light visibility? If you're still rocking stock reverse bulbs, I'd probably swap with LED's. But I wanna get your take on the matter. :hmm:
Havent checked the reverse lights but the blinkers are the same, it looks dark but it really isnt too bad. Gave the rear a nice aggressive look

KoalaNest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
A few months ago I stumbled across this post about applying fabric protector. The OP's results were impressive (as evidenced by the video clips in that thread). Bought some 303 Fabric Guard and finally had the chance to apply it today.

I followed the directions in that post, "painting" the material with a foam brush in a criss-cross pattern

I applied the 303 to the center armrest and both front seats. Plenty left for the back seats, if/when I get around to it.

The OP of that thread had a CTR, so I'm not sure if I should expect the same results on my non-alcantara seats. However, I do have the CTR's center armrest, so at worst, that area should be sufficiently protected. The 303 is drying now - I'll test the fabric tomorrow. Just with water, because I'm not brave enough to dump coffee on it.
Hey man, just got my 303 and CTR, I saw that you use 303 on the arm rest and I have a few questions if you dont mind sharing.

1) Does it stain or damage the arm rest after dry?
2) Does it work?
3) Does it change the texture/feel of the fabric?

Much appreciate!

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Hey man, just got my 303 and CTR, I saw that you use 303 on the arm rest and I have a few questions if you dont mind sharing.

1) Does it stain or damage the arm rest after dry?
2) Does it work?
3) Does it change the texture/feel of the fabric?

Much appreciate!
In order:

1) No - after the 303 dries, I can't tell that anything has been applied.
2) Yes. I only tested with water (I'm not brave enough to try something that might actually stain) but it beads up and rolls around without soaking in. It's like magic
3) No, not as far as I can tell.

I will give you one word of warning: apply the 303 lightly, especially if you're using a foam brush as I demonstrated in the post you quoted above. If you read the thread I mentioned, you'll see that one member (@Ducky) went a little heavy on his application, and that did alter the color/texture of his alcantara seats a little bit. If you really want to be careful, test a small area in a less noticeable location, like the back seat. If you're satisfied with the texture/feel, then go ahead and apply it elsewhere.

EDIT: I see that you posted in the aforementioned thread, so you're aware of the potential issues around this fabric protector. I still think it's a good product even if the OP's credibility is questionable. That coffee test was legit. And lots of positive reviews elsewhere. Just don't slather it on.
Sponsored