What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Michonne_d

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic HatchBack Sport Touring
Country flag
Did some interior beautification.
My son likes to get out my car like it's a slide and there are visible scuff marks. I ordered Thenice doorsill protectors and they're awesome, easy installation! Also installed my faux button decals by everything.vinyl and Type R Steering wheel emblem by J's Racing. Everything was based off member reviews....I appreciate yall. :thumbsup:

Links to all items:
J's Racing Type R emblem
Thenice Door Sill Protectors
Everything.vinyl Decals
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2020-05-24_15.45.46
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2020-05-10_16.03.55
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2020-05-10_19.35.27

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
A few months ago I stumbled across this post about applying fabric protector. The OP's results were impressive (as evidenced by the video clips in that thread). Bought some 303 Fabric Guard and finally had the chance to apply it today.
M4jtHRT.jpg

I followed the directions in that post, "painting" the material with a foam brush in a criss-cross pattern.
whOM0jJ.jpg

I applied the 303 to the center armrest and both front seats. Plenty left for the back seats, if/when I get around to it.

The OP of that thread had a CTR, so I'm not sure if I should expect the same results on my non-alcantara seats. However, I do have the CTR's center armrest, so at worst, that area should be sufficiently protected. The 303 is drying now - I'll test the fabric tomorrow. Just with water, because I'm not brave enough to dump coffee on it.
Following up on my earlier post: after letting the 303 cure undisturbed for a week, I decided to test it today. I'm impressed:

Water behaves like mercury...it beads up & rolls around. Presumably any other liquid would behave the same way. Hopefully. I'm not going to test it. At least, not intentionally.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this looks so good! How/where did you get those covers? Installation process?

I like them a lot. Bought them here. Installation wasn't hard, it took me a little while getting the hooks connected underneath the seat but it wasn't bad. They do a great job staying in place and don't slide much at all if you install it correctly. I had a red theme in my mind for the interior at the time, but I think i'm gonna tone it down a bit. I'll be ordering a black carbon fiber/alcantara steering wheel soon.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Well...I suppose it was just a matter of time. I couldn't put it off forever.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) awAaofm

Bought the car on the last day of February. 86 days later, I made my very first visit to a gas station.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
oh dope, did you have to take them off to do it or just tape up around them?
Just tape up around them, super easy. The trick for me with plasti dip, is peel it the next morning, it goes easier imo.
Sponsored

Last edited: