What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took her in for a drain and fill on the CVT and they ended up finding a leak...

She'll be gone for a few days. :(

I have my Q3. Not that disappointed. This is why you need more than one in your life, I'm talking about both. LOL

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Nothing was going well for me today lol.

I did the window trim chrome delete with a roll of satin black vinyl. It looks fine from a distance but up close you'd see it was done by a novice.

Then I put on window visors but I couldn't get the push tabs/spacer to fit properly with the brackets that go into the window channel. I ended up leaving out the spacers.

Then I went to change the side markers but the ones I got wouldn't lock in place. So I swapped the stock bulbs to led and went to put back the stock sidemarkers and for some reason the locking tab on the side markers were bent went I pushed on them to pop out. I had trouble getting them to lock back in place but finally got it after playing around long enough.

Called it a day after that...oh and then my husky cargo liner was delivered. Got it on amazon warehouse deals!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200523_170144

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200523_160159

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200523_171724

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Nothing was going well for me today lol.

I did the window trim chrome delete with a roll of satin black vinyl. It looks fine from a distance but up close you'd see it was done by a novice.

Then I put on window visors but I couldn't get the push tabs/spacer to fit properly with the brackets that go into the window channel. I ended up leaving out the spacers.

Then I went to change the side markers but the ones I got wouldn't lock in place. So I swapped the stock bulbs to led and went to put back the stock sidemarkers and for some reason the locking tab on the side markers were bent went I pushed on them to pop out. I had trouble getting them to lock back in place but finally got it after playing around long enough.

Called it a day after that...oh and then my husky cargo liner was delivered. Got it on amazon warehouse deals!

IMG_20200523_170144.jpg

IMG_20200523_160159.jpg

IMG_20200523_171724.jpg
I'm still waiting on vinyl to cover up the leftover chrome still exposed after installing my visors. Hoping I don't screw it up too bad. I'm a novice at that too.

How does one go about getting Amazon warehouse deals?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Go here and start digging.

Word of warning: Amazon Warehouse deals are a huge crap shoot. Not just in the selection of available items, but also condition. I've purchased "like new" items that had clearly been heavily used. On the other hand, I recently bought a 3D MAXpider cargo liner for $28 - listed in "used/acceptable" condition, but it arrived in pristine shape (no signs of use at all).

Fortunately, you can return anything for any reason, so the only thing you really risk is a bit of your time.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swapped the old 2017 and 2018 rear vents for the 2020 ones. I cannot post vids here so check out my IG for them where I explained the differences. Best $140 I have ever spent.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PSX_20200523_152439-01

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_124717

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_163116

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_111908

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_104343

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_124657

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_124651

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I'm still waiting on vinyl to cover up the leftover chrome still exposed after installing my visors. Hoping I don't screw it up too bad. I'm a novice at that too.

Go here and start digging.

Word of warning: Amazon Warehouse deals are a huge crap shoot. Not just in the selection of available items, but also condition. I've purchased "like new" items that had clearly been heavily used. On the other hand, I recently bought a 3D MAXpider cargo liner for $28 - listed in "used/acceptable" condition, but it arrived in pristine shape (no signs of use at all).

Fortunately, you can return anything for any reason, so the only thing you really risk is a bit of your time.
Yup, what MaxPower said.

I bought an air purifier last year that was like 50% off the regular price and it said the item had some cosmetic imperfections. When it arrived the packaging was a little scuffed but everything inside was brand new and sealed

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2018 Civic EX-T 6 Speed
Country flag
I finally found a shift knob assembly tool for my adjustable shift knob! :D I lost mine years ago and have been searching for a replacement tool ever since. As I had it setup, I always felt the shift knob looked too tall but I wasn't able to sink it any lower. :thumbsdown:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) old

With my replacement tool, I was finally able to lower my knob all the way to the bottom. I think it looks much better now.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) new2

In addition to the aesthetics, the bonus effects really took me by surprise. I had forgotten what a low and heavy shift knob can feel like! o_O

The difference in feeling while shifting is night and day. It's so much more precise feeling, it's incredible! It's like a totally different car now. :thumbsup:

18CivicHBS

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport 1.5T CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

had the same issue with the side markers I ordered. One of the tabs on the new set ended up breaking and I was able to get a refund and order a different set. One side went in fine but the other one was a pain in the ass!

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
Hey guys Im potentially looking into getting lowering springs, maybe D2 or eibach. What else would I need if I got them, would I need rear camber arms?

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200523_193153

Added extra insulation to the heat shields

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Hey guys Im potentially looking into getting lowering springs, maybe D2 or eibach. What else would I need if I got them, would I need rear camber arms?
Lots of people run them without aftermarket Camber arms. You should be able to install them and then just go for an alignment a few days later. D2 is pretty aggressive though so depending on your wheel setup, etc you may run into rub problems.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
Hey, I plasti dipped the letters black. Cost $10 and looks great, took like 3 hours max. Been on almost a year
Sponsored