What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
How do you like that gurney flap on the back? I'm thinking of one of the V style spoilers that goes on top of the deck spoiler or one of these, probably the v1 that's just straight all the way across if I go with these guys. Says you need a threaded rivet gun as well which I do not have lol...
I like it a lot! So what we did was we drilled out the holes but made them slightly smaller than the rivets. We then took a rubber mallet and hit them in so it was a tight fit. The tension when you screw on the gurney flap keeps the rivets from moving and keeping it tight. If you'd like the sizes of the drill bits we used, I can ask my buddy on which one he used.
We used two drill bits. One a little smaller just to start the hole and then a drill bit a little smaller than the rivet.
Also, you have to shape the gurney flap to the spoiler before you starting drill holes.

Hope this helps, if you got anymore questions, just let me know!
Sponsored

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

AzGRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Used this link to install my dash cam (different brand) too. Worked as intended. I would like to add is that shoving that micro USB though the rubber hatch tube took about 45 min and took me and my daughters tiny nimble fingers to get it thru. Second suggestion would be when running the wire in the rear seat section, pull the header down a bit and look where the airbag is as it goes farther down than you think. When I followed their tucking instructions I would of crossed right over the back side airbag, So what I did instead was drop all the extra cord length down so it went down and around the airbag then came up and tucked.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Used this link to install my dash cam (different brand) too. Worked as intended. I would like to add is that shoving that micro USB though the rubber hatch tube took about 45 min and took me and my daughters tiny nimble fingers to get it thru. Second suggestion would be when running the wire in the rear seat section, pull the header down a bit and look where the airbag is as it goes farther down than you think. When I followed their tucking instructions I would of crossed right over the back side airbag, So what I did instead was drop all the extra cord length down so it went down and around the airbag then came up and tucked.
Thanks for the additional info. I'm not looking forward to running the cable through the hatch tube, that's for sure.Actually it is one of the reasons that I didn't opt for a couple of other cameras I was considering. Both the Street Guardian SG9663DC and the Viofo A129 Pro Duo have a LOT thicker cables that connect the rear camera.

I'm not sure that I understand exactly how you went down and around the rear seat airbag, and came back up. Can you provide any more detail?

AzGRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the additional info. I'm not looking forward to running the cable through the hatch tube, that's for sure.Actually it is one of the reasons that I didn't opt for a couple of other cameras I was considering. Both the Street Guardian SG9663DC and the Viofo A129 Pro Duo have a LOT thicker cables that connect the rear camera.

I'm not sure that I understand exactly how you went down and around the rear seat airbag, and came back up. Can you provide any more detail?
Im horrible at explaining so i quicky drew it. Hope it helps explain it. Oh and the cables, I hear ya. Its not the cable that is the issue it is the size of the connection head that is the issue. Too bad someone hasn't invented a disconnectable head for any of these types of connection cords. Would make it easier to run them though stuff. Half the time with phones that is what goes bad too.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200104_082050

Last edited:

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im horrible at explaining so i quicky drew it. Hope it helps explain it. Oh and the cables, I hear ya. Its not the cable that is the issue it is the size of the connection head that is the issue. Too bad someone hasn't invented a disconnectable head for any of these types of connection cords. Would make it easier to run them though stuff. Half the time with phones that is what goes bad too.
Thanks for the drawing, it's so much easier to see what needs to be done. The rear camera cable for this kit has one straight connector end, and one 90 degree end.

The straight end will go to the rear camera, so hopefully it will be easier to pass through the tube. The widest part of the connector is just under a half an inch. I might see if I can tape it to a wooden dowel rod (or chopstick) to help push it through.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_0053 (Medium)

AzGRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the drawing, it's so much easier to see what needs to be done. The rear camera cable for this kit has one straight connector end, and one 90 degree end.

The straight end will go to the rear camera, so hopefully it will be easier to pass through the tube. The widest part of the connector is just under a half an inch. I might see if I can tape it to a wooden dowel rod (or chopstick) to help push it through.

IMG_0053 (Medium).jpg
Ya that is the end I pushed though. It was tight go with all the other thin wires in there. I tried a chopstick and the coat hanger method. there is a turn in the rubber that is pretty stiff so while I held that as straight as I could, my daughter used the chopstick to push it though. I had bruised thumbs for a day after that. lol

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
My 3D Maxpider floormats from Amazon came yesterday. Just put them in now. Pricey ($60ish for just the fronts), but they seem very well made. Very sturdy. They fit like a glove, and don't move at all. I'm happy with them.

Please excuse my filthy car. We're having a rainy winter, but I suppose it's better than snow. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) utaseMh

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) ACKOG0D

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase