What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Powder coated with a new clearcoat? Looks excellent.
Yeah they actually acid bath the rim and strip it to bare aluminum. Then they powder coat the whole rim black then bake it. Then they machine the face. Then they apply clear powder coating and bake them again. They actually look a little better than new.
Sponsored

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My spoiler made it in the mail finally. I ordered it through aliexpress. It only cost about 60 bucks including shipping. I already talked to the shop and am getting my back bumper and spoiler painted. I scratched my back bumper a while back. So I’ll be dropping my car off Monday morning. I can’t Wait to see how into gonna look painted and installed :headbang:
48ABDF19-A1B6-44DA-B4AC-16D4D2BB79B6.jpeg
F10E90C4-FD5F-4FA6-929C-550082828A6D.jpeg
I originally tried to order my spoiler through aliexpress but the seller said their shipper couldn't get it to me. It took them forever to refund me and there was an additional charge that aliexpress says they didn't charge me even though I sent them a screen shot of the charge. Ended up getting it on Ebay for $105 and free shipping the quality isn't superb and the fitment was a bit off but I made it work.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I originally tried to order my spoiler through aliexpress but the seller said their shipper couldn't get it to me. It took them forever to refund me and there was an additional charge that aliexpress says they didn't charge me even though I sent them a screen shot of the charge. Ended up getting it on Ebay for $105 and free shipping the quality isn't superb and the fitment was a bit off but I made it work.
So far I’ve had good luck with aliexpress. But this time it took almost a month to come in. Quality looks good. The fit is perfect. It actually slides tight into a groove like. You feel it almost drop into its spot perfectly. Which spoiler did you get? Do you have pics?

Jyongonz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Not Sure if this is the place to post this, but I need some advice.
I fell victim to a Hit-and-Run Last night (10/19) in the state of Michigan on the highway late at night.
I'll attach photos below of the damage, but it was mostly my driver side door that was damaged, and both of my fenders on the driver's side. The skirt is partially detached as well on that side, and my window doesn't open all the way.

I filed an Insurance claim, and they recommended me to a collision shop that they certified. Would it best to go to my dealership instead? I've only had the car for less than a year (Purchased: 1/12/2019).
Would my dealership be able to give me a car to use while they work on it?

I kind of want to avoid renting a car from Enterprise even with my Insurance company's discounted rates. Do you think my dealership would lend me a car while mine is in the shop?

Does anyone have an experience with this?

Photo of damage:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) civic_damage

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Not Sure if this is the place to post this, but I need some advice.
I fell victim to a Hit-and-Run Last night (10/19) in the state of Michigan on the highway late at night.
I'll attach photos below of the damage, but it was mostly my driver side door that was damaged, and both of my fenders on the driver's side. The skirt is partially detached as well on that side, and my window doesn't open all the way.

I filed an Insurance claim, and they recommended me to a collision shop that they certified. Would it best to go to my dealership instead? I've only had the car for less than a year (Purchased: 1/12/2019).
Would my dealership be able to give me a car to use while they work on it?

I kind of want to avoid renting a car from Enterprise even with my Insurance company's discounted rates. Do you think my dealership would lend me a car while mine is in the shop?

Does anyone have an experience with this?

Photo of damage:

civic_damage.jpg
That sucks, but I'm glad you're ok. Dealers often just out source to body shops anyways since that's not something they really do inhouse. I'd check with your insurance to see if they would cover where you want to go. I doubt the dealership would give you a loaner, this isnt a warranty issue so why would they absorb that cost. Better to talk options with your insurance.

Jyongonz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That sucks, but I'm glad you're ok. Dealers often just out source to body shops anyways since that's not something they really do inhouse. I'd check with your insurance to see if they would cover where you want to go. I doubt the dealership would give you a loaner, this isnt a warranty issue so why would they absorb that cost. Better to talk options with your insurance.
Okay, thanks. I was considering just going to the collision shop, my insurance company suggested. I didn't want to drive my car 30miles to my dealership. Thanks for the info.

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far I’ve had good luck with aliexpress. But this time it took almost a month to come in. Quality looks good. The fit is perfect. It actually slides tight into a groove like. You feel it almost drop into its spot perfectly. Which spoiler did you get? Do you have pics?
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20191019_020805

This is the only pic I have right now it was late when I finished installing.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I just installed the OEM 2020 Diffuser on my 2018. I have a Greddy exhaust and it fit perfectly :) Exact swap, no modification required. I did this w/o taking off the bumper and it was a bit of a pain. It took me about 1.5hrs as I was not trying to break any clips taking the old one off.

71502-TGG-A70 Diffuser - I ordered trough local dealer for $100.14
71509-TGG-A70 Middle Cover (Cover that goes around the exhaust tips) - Ordered online for $6.49

2020 Diffuser.jpeg
very nice. Im looking to get the same defuser on my 18 civic hatch sport. I have the same exhaust.

Sorry for off topic, how do you like your exhaust? I bought my greddy exhaust used and after installing i felt my tourque on bottom end is not quite as punchy as the one with stock exhaust. Did yours felt the same?

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
very nice. Im looking to get the same defuser on my 18 civic hatch sport. I have the same exhaust.

Sorry for off topic, how do you like your exhaust? I bought my greddy exhaust used and after installing i felt my tourque on bottom end is not quite as punchy as the one with stock exhaust. Did yours felt the same?
Thanks. I love the exhaust. I’ve had it for almost 2 yrs now. I installed my Greddy exhaust right after I got car and didn’t really drive it much stock to be able to notice a difference between the 2.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Thanks. I love the exhaust. I’ve had it for almost 2 yrs now. I installed my Greddy exhaust right after I got car and didn’t really drive it much stock to be able to notice a difference between the 2.
2 years old already and your exhaust looks brand new! Mine is not as clean as yours. What do you clean that with?

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
2 years old already and your exhaust looks brand new! Mine is not as clean as yours. What do you clean that with?
Thanks. I just wipe it with a rag every once in a while. I actually just hit 10k miles on the civic recently. Due to travel, it sits in the garage a lot.

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally added side skirts, fog housing accent trim, and duck bill spoiler. Wrapped them in vivvid gloss black. Got rid of the matte black wrapped grill and lip and rewrapped in gloss black. Looks so much better. Got a diffuser chillin as my original plan for it is not going to work. Back to square one with it. Contemplating lowering my car . The gap is not that bad. Anyone know of good and reasonable body shops in Nashville our nearby counties?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3D967576-F6E1-415F-848C-D1D51A422CB9

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F7524C4C-2B1F-4FEF-9BC8-F86CDBDF17AC

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E049766A-BA15-4AFB-9BB4-5D09844D0615

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20646642-37AA-49BF-88F4-2CE5F001213B

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Finally added side skirts, fog housing accent trim, and duck bill spoiler. Wrapped them in vivvid gloss black. Got rid of the matte black wrapped grill and lip and rewrapped in gloss black. Looks so much better. Got a diffuser chillin as my original plan for it is not going to work. Back to square one with it. Contemplating lowering my car . The gap is not that bad. Anyone know of good and reasonable body shops in Nashville our nearby counties?

3D967576-F6E1-415F-848C-D1D51A422CB9.jpeg

F7524C4C-2B1F-4FEF-9BC8-F86CDBDF17AC.jpeg

E049766A-BA15-4AFB-9BB4-5D09844D0615.jpeg

20646642-37AA-49BF-88F4-2CE5F001213B.jpeg
Looks great like those wheels :thumbsup:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got gas today. Think my gauge might be off a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20191020_174611
Sponsored