What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Numero1latino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Wash and spray wax. Re-tinted my taillights for like the 5th time. Think it's time to get the OPT7 taillights and call it a day.

MVIMG_20190917_151012.jpg

IMG_20190917_151026.jpg
Does the tint fall off after multiple washes? Have you checked out other smoked tail lights besides the opt7? I cant seem to find any for the hatch.
Sponsored

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the tint fall off after multiple washes? Have you checked out other smoked tail lights besides the opt7? I cant seem to find any for the hatch.
No, the taillights are extremely hard to wrap in one piece. The little parts that stick out on the side and by the reverse light tend to fail because you have to stretch and then shrink it back. Eventually with temp changes they start to bubble around up in those areas. The only aftermarket taillights available for the hatches right now are OPT7 and Mugen.

Numero1latino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
No, the taillights are extremely hard to wrap in one piece. The little parts that stick out on the side and by the reverse light tend to fail because you have to stretch and then shrink it back. Eventually with temp changes they start to bubble around up in those areas. The only aftermarket taillights available for the hatches right now are OPT7 and Mugen.
Thanks for the info. I am torn on the OPT7 but the look is growing on me and did want to smoke/tint the housing.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
received my Morimoto HID H11B kit from Retrofit Fit Source, one good thing about living in GA, ordered on Monday afternoon, arrived Wednesday, none of this Amazon we are gonna wait a week before we even ship your shit crap, no seriously I ordered something from Amazon Monday a WEEK BEFORE and the label for that package was only created YESTERDAY and it hasn't even been picked up yet, Amazon is freaking useless if you don't have Prime, I swear they intentionally delay shipping by a week for non-prime members just to force people to get prime because since they are everywhere now no packages take longer then 2 days to ship so they have to delay non-prime users to give people a reason to pay for prime.

1slofk7

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
received my Morimoto HID H11B kit from Retrofit Fit Source, one good thing about living in GA, ordered on Monday afternoon, arrived Wednesday, none of this Amazon we are gonna wait a week before we even ship your shit crap, no seriously I ordered something from Amazon Monday a WEEK BEFORE and the label for that package was only created YESTERDAY and it hasn't even been picked up yet, Amazon is freaking useless if you don't have Prime, I swear they intentionally delay shipping by a week for non-prime members just to force people to get prime because since they are everywhere now no packages take longer then 2 days to ship so they have to delay non-prime users to give people a reason to pay for prime.
Interestingly most of my stuff on Amazon comes in 2 days free (not a prime member, always do free shipping). But I guess it depends on what you order/which warehouses have it.

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just finished installing my downpipe 2 hours ago. It honestly was pretty easy. Hardest part was putting back part of the heat shield. That damn last bolt just wouldn't go in lol

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interestingly most of my stuff on Amazon comes in 2 days free (not a prime member, always do free shipping). But I guess it depends on what you order/which warehouses have it.
I have been on and off prime a few times now, for the last 2-3 years if I'm off prime it takes a week before they ship out (remember i'm not talking travel time, i'm talking Amazon getting off their ass and boxing the item and handing it off to UPS or USPS) Once it actually ships it's rarely more then 3 days but if I'm on prime that stuff ships out either the same day or the next day at the latest. This is consistent and repeatable.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pay for prime! Lol. No but for reals, if ya got the money for expensive bulbs, you can shell out $119 for a year of prime no biggie. It’s worth it

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just pay for prime! Lol. No but for reals, if ya got the money for expensive bulbs, you can shell out $119 for a year of prime no biggie. It’s worth it
that $119 a year becomes much less valuable when you can find alternative options that come out cheaper sometimes (Like Ebay when I ordered my HCF-2 fluid last night and is already on it's way). Plus it's the principle of the matter, I shouldn't have to pay extra to get my orders processed in a reasonable amount of time, nowhere outside of Amazon with Free shipping takes more then 2 business days tops to get something in the mail, i'm not gonna pay extra to be treated the way everyone else treats customers for free.

I only had Prime in the past because my Sister had it and shared it with me using this https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370 but then she switched to a Student plan and that can't be shared.

Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a hatchback and I removed the vents without removing the bumper.

Photo_1559232600746.jpg

Photo_1559232602012.jpg

PSX_20190825_172345-01.jpeg
I really want to attach the mesh behind the honeycombs but the one thing I'm worried about is my CAI that's behind the left side of the honeycomb. I don't want the air filter to get wet in case it rains.