What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Goodies from Japan arrived today in the form of Mugen Hydrophilic LED Mirror Glasses. As well as being anti glare they benefit from having in built LED's that can be wired to the turn signals.

Installation was relatively easy. The factory mirror glass can be removed in a few seconds by lifting the glass onwards until it releases from the ball fitting. If you opt for the basic installation without connecting the turn signal LED's then the new mirror glasses can be refitted in a minute or so.

However if you wish to fully install them utilising the LED's then the installation becomes trickier. Firstly you need to remove the two Philips head screws that are located behind the mirror glass on the black plastic frame. One e these screws are removed you can then move onto removing/loosening the colour coded mirror back. On the UK spec covers which are different to the USDM ones, there are three spring tab clips that need gentle prying. Using a simple plastic trim tool and a 90 degree pick tool will assist in the removal.

The Mugen mirror glass has an integral loom complete with multi plugs. By disconnecting the main mirror housing multiple will allow you to connect the mirror connect and reconnect the original mirror connector to the 'Y' split branch on the harness. To complete the installation, the mirror frame screws and backing need fitting. The last part to fit is the new glass. Pleased aware you will need to swap out the white plastic mounting plate from your original glass onto the new one. Finally connect the two heating wires and snap the glass back onto the adjustment motor.

Overall extremely pleased with the fit and function of this accessory. The blue tint eases the strain on your eyes during driving in normal daylight hours, particularly on sunny days. The blue tint also compliments my Sonic Grey Pearl paint work. Can highly recommend this product and please message me if you would like to purchase this kit through my parts business.

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F7wc3hItTuiqUIQlhkKpA

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) MSFrtv15Tk+88rPrVfMad

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) U6QJPyzuTdKBdzt2sez1vQ

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) XHq9e%o9SNGL9GfLPcTud

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) JPG3Yh5RRpajovwseSC3rA

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) q8%YDv91RWGMCG9k6GNabw

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IgrqzwW9RkOqOMO2eQw4U

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) fullsizeoutput_454f

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
I'm wanting to do just this panel. Is there a way to pop it out to wrap around, or did you have to cut a piece to fit as best you could? I watched a video on shifter disassembly which made it look like one piece, including the leather boot.
@WhiteSi yes, you have to pull the shifter trim panel up to get it, but it's easy (definitely use a trim panel tool or a thin plastic wedge)
- Remove the side trim pieces (the curved ones that go up and around the stereo unit)
- Remove 2 screws holding the shifter trim whole piece down, and carefully pop it up
- You don't have to fully remove the shifter trim or shift boot, but you might have to unclip the wire harnesses for the E-Brake and sport mode button, just so you can lift the console trim up enough
- Underneath you can see there are 2 little screws and one clip that holds this piano black piece onto the bigger shifter console piece. Pop those off and you're good to go.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Took her to the dealer for a car wash. Also, set up HondaHack in my head unit.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I followed this video I found on another thread. The first time you do it like this it's tough to take out. After that first time you "break the seal" it comes off pretty easily
Just to add , the Si is the only trim you can do this with, the rest are screwed in and the bumper has to be removed,at least on the non Si sedan and the coupe.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to add , the Si is the only trim you can do this with, the rest are screwed in and the bumper has to be removed,at least on the non Si sedan and the coupe.
Si and hatchbacks* Got the same vent setup. Dunno about the FK8's faux vents, but I'd imagine they're similar.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a hatchback and I removed the vents without removing the bumper.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Photo_1559232600746

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Photo_1559232602012

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PSX_20190825_172345-01

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Goodies from Japan arrived today in the form of Mugen Hydrophilic LED Mirror Glasses. As well as being anti glare they benefit from having in built LED's that can be wired to the turn signals.

Installation was relatively easy. The factory mirror glass can be removed in a few seconds by lifting the glass onwards until it releases from the ball fitting. If you opt for the basic installation without connecting the turn signal LED's then the new mirror glasses can be refitted in a minute or so.

However if you wish to fully install them utilising the LED's then the installation becomes trickier. Firstly you need to remove the two Philips head screws that are located behind the mirror glass on the black plastic frame. One e these screws are removed you can then move onto removing/loosening the colour coded mirror back. On the UK spec covers which are different to the USDM ones, there are three spring tab clips that need gentle prying. Using a simple plastic trim tool and a 90 degree pick tool will assist in the removal.

The Mugen mirror glass has an integral loom complete with multi plugs. By disconnecting the main mirror housing multiple will allow you to connect the mirror connect and reconnect the original mirror connector to the 'Y' split branch on the harness. To complete the installation, the mirror frame screws and backing need fitting. The last part to fit is the new glass. Pleased aware you will need to swap out the white plastic mounting plate from your original glass onto the new one. Finally connect the two heating wires and snap the glass back onto the adjustment motor.

Overall extremely pleased with the fit and function of this accessory. The blue tint eases the strain on your eyes during driving in normal daylight hours, particularly on sunny days. The blue tint also compliments my Sonic Grey Pearl paint work. Can highly recommend this product and please message me if you would like to purchase this kit through my parts business.

Stephen

F7wc3hItTuiqUIQlhkKpAg.jpg

MSFrtv15Tk+88rPrVfMadg.jpg

U6QJPyzuTdKBdzt2sez1vQ.jpg

XHq9e%o9SNGL9GfLPcTudg.jpg

JPG3Yh5RRpajovwseSC3rA.jpg

q8%YDv91RWGMCG9k6GNabw.jpg

IgrqzwW9RkOqOMO2eQw4Ug.jpg

fullsizeoutput_454f.jpeg

Hey Stephen, on picture 7, that's the compare of OEM vs Mugen right? I'm surprised how solid your OEM looks, when I did mine, our OEM seem to have way less on the back.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Had the car ceramic coated a week ago and gave it its first bath since the coating. So much easier to clean and looks a lot better.

DSC_5162.jpg

DSC_5169-2.jpg

DSC_5179.jpg
Had the car ceramic coated a week ago and gave it its first bath since the coating. So much easier to clean and looks a lot better.

DSC_5162.jpg

DSC_5169-2.jpg

DSC_5179.jpg
BaysonR TR style lip for the Si? Cause that looks sick!

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Stephen, on picture 7, that's the compare of OEM vs Mugen right? I'm surprised how solid your OEM looks, when I did mine, our OEM seem to have way less on the back.
Yes that is correct. The white piece on the left glass is transferable over the your new lens. The Mugen version is considerably thicker. I know that US and Euro spec mirrors are different but wasn't aware that the glasses were in build/design (except for the wide angle etc).

Stephen