What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I ordered mine through a dealer since I'm in Canada. But you can find a link here:

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TGG-100B.html

to order it. That page also has pdf step by step instructions. (Note they also sell a non sensing kit if you don't have Honda Sensing.)

Installation is pretty simple since Honda pre ran a wire from the inside fuse box to the engine bay so everything is plug and play.

The only "hard" thing is bumper removal but it's not bad if you take your time. There's tons of decent bumper removal videos on YouTube.

Pretty simple and very worth it since its even cheaper in the US than it is Canada.
Silly question, but it is driving me nuts; if the car doesn't come with fog lights, is there a setting on the stalk for them or do they just come on with the other lights?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Silly question, but it is driving me nuts; if the car doesn't come with fog lights, is there a setting on the stalk for them or do they just come on with the other lights?
It comes with a new stalk that incorporates a fog light toggle.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
It comes with a new stalk that incorporates a fog light toggle.
@tcozier1 gtman is right the OEM kit comes with a new stalk that replaces the old one, unless you get a non OEM kit from Ebay or Amazon then those often come with a simple on and off button that installs to the left of the wheel next to your vsa control.

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
@tcozier1 gtman is right the OEM kit comes with a new stalk that replaces the old one, unless you get a non OEM kit from Ebay or Amazon then those often come with a simple on and off button that installs to the left of the wheel next to your vsa control.
Thanks, did not know this. I found some cheap ones but does not look like they have the stalk included.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, did not know this. I found some cheap ones but does not look like they have the stalk included.
Just get them from Amazon or eBay it'll be fine I've been running mine since Christmas no problems after I got a better relay

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
Just get them from Amazon or eBay it'll be fine I've been running mine since Christmas no problems after I got a better relay
I know very little about wiring so I am probably going to get some OEM ones for like 280 ish and figure it out.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I installed the non OEM Ebay kit on my previous sedan and now the OEM kit in my hatchback. Both install virtually the same. Pretty straight forward and plug and play with connectors that only fit in the right spots so no worries.

Both worked great for me, but I will say the Honda kit does have a better overall quality to the light housings and the wiring. The stalk replacement looks better than the button that doesnt sit quite flush, but both performed the same in the end.

Depends on what you want to spend in the end. Since it's not crazy expensive I would opt OEM for the fit and finish.

If you have any install questions feel free to PM me.

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know very little about wiring so I am probably going to get some OEM ones for like 280 ish and figure it out.
The civics are prewired for the fog lights. There's a plug under the dash as well as a plug behind the washer reservoir. Hardest part is literally taking off the bumper for the first time (which should take you like 8 minutes the second time). I have the eBay one which works with a button, the stalk does seem like a bit more work but looks way cleaner.

This video basically sums it up :

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am really out of the loop and had to look up "meatspace". Sounded like something a butcher would require for storage. Like a meatlocker. :cool:

Who knew it meant the real world?
Cyberpunk term. Gibson style. Counter to cyberspace.

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
Meatspace is one of my favorite words, more relevant and more ignored by the passing day. The singularity is coming.... will you welcome our robot overlords?

EDIT: I am preparing for the eventuality of running a taxi service for their flesh daemons.
I was so bummed about my wiring that I just missed reading “meatspace”. Gonna use that term instead of “in-person” from now on.

edit: wrong word usage

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok it's the same wiring though! Plug and play

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Washed it after a heavy rain last night

Photo_1559232599234.jpg
Sorry for the French, but F@** ... I love how that CF hood all the way to the grill (and the chin) look on metallic grey body.
Must've cost some pretty penny.

I just remembered that here, the insurance does not cover chins, skirt, spoilers, and other "accessories". I wonder if replacing the hood with CF pattern will still be covered?
Sponsored