What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

keatonS

2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L CVT
First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T 1.5L CVT
Country flag
I got it off ebay. $649 free shipping. Install went good after I disabled all my anti virus programs. I would suggest going on you tube and watch the install videos. It really helped me. And after driving my car now, its definitely worth it.
Is there any prerequisite sorta things to check/do before buying? I know there is some number on your ODB thing you have to check?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there any prerequisite sorta things to check/do before buying? I know there is some number on your ODB thing you have to check?
Just check your ECU to make sure its supported. You have a 16 so I cant imagine its not. Other than that, find a vendor and purchase. If you want to know a good vendor let me know

Xando

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How difficult were these to install?
They are the plastic centers that go in the wheel, just need to take wheel off, pop it out, and then replace it. Honestly should have done this sooner as it really looks good with the front and rear ones.

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Sunday I took it to RaceWars at AutoClub Speedway, Fontana California. Today I registered it for it's first track event, Streets of Willow. That's this Sunday 03.10.19. I'm finally going to see what she can do! New GoPro Hero 7 Black should be here Thursday so I can get footage to share. :headbang:

OyxSHplh.jpg
You car is in the way ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you buy yours from? Just directly from ktuner or what? and how did the process go/any issues?
Ktuner only designs/engineers the product, they don't sell directly to the public. I bought mine from Two Step Performance. They're excellent. Got mine on a 15% off Ebay coupon deal.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How difficult is it to get that centerpiece out? I'm really wanting to get rid of the piano black but I'm not the greatest with cars and I don't really know what I want to replace it with. Any suggestions other than carbon fiber?
Really east. Can buy a trim pry kit on Amazon for 4 dollars .Side trim pieces pop out and the rest is just Phillips head screws. Took me 5 minutes or less and im not at all handy.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I was going to change my MTF. My transmission funnel didn't survive my last move and when I put it in as an add-on item on Amazon a couple days ago, they forgot the part that makes it good for transmissions...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) FB_IMG_1551831568444

So... yeah... maybe in another day or two when they send me one with a tube not busted off.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I was going to change my MTF. My transmission funnel didn't survive my last move and when I put it in as an add-on item on Amazon a couple days ago, they forgot the part that makes it good for transmissions...
FB_IMG_1551831568444.jpg

So... yeah... maybe in another day or two when they send me one with a tube not busted off.
Bro, you just need an outdoor Christmas Candy Cane! They're perfect for that!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro, you just need an outdoor Christmas Candy Cane! They're perfect for that!
The first time I did a manual transmission, I got a super narrow piece of tygon that I could just slip over the end. It took *forever* to get it to drain down the tube from that invented quart bottle. Seriously... it had to have taken 5-10 minutes to get each quart to drain in.

That candy cane is a great idea. Unfortunately, all the clearenced Christmas stuff is all gone. This think was about $3 as an add-on... and I think it wasn't worth much if anything. Hopefully the intact one will work good enough. I guess I could grab a few feet if tygon and stick it on the end if this... but it was one of those, 'keep it, we'll send you another' deals.

revoltbp

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
Finally pulled the trigger on air intake, can’t wait to put it on once rain stops here

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 22D1ABA2-9C46-41E2-A8C0-26A54C6ADB97
Sponsored