What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure I understand how you're going to do it if not covering the whole thing. Do you have photos of what you mean?

The corners were the hardest part and didn't come out so great but I managed to tuck most of the mess away. The back side of the handle doesn't look so great up at the top but you can't see that... although, I know it's there so it'll bother me. Maybe I'll look up some tutorials and find out how to do corners better.

The handle pops out but the other part just needs to be unscrewed from behind the door panel. It's very easy to remove once you have the door panel removed.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20181027_095244

This is what mine's looks like now, so I don't want to cover the "carbon looking" part, just the lower part, but looking closer the strip isn't covering the whole lower part. I like how it looks now, just want to rewrap to make the details even better. Same thing to the vent and dash, need the time to pop those pieces out...
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Ordered Honda high-wall floor mats (finally!) and a Honda cargo organizer. Decent price on both from College Hills Honda. They don't list the cargo organizer as fitting the FK7 hatch, but Honda's own eStore site does; and there are two D-rings on the cargo area's back wall to secure it, too.
The mats and organizer came in. Flawless fit with everything. Sometimes I think it's best to just go OEM.

The cargo organizer's dividers snap into place, so they shouldn't wear out like velcro does. It also folds flat without unhooking the clips, so it'll stay out of the way when loading up at Ikea.

MrMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Got my hatch sport 2-days ago & just installed LED headlights. Those yellow halogens had to go! Pictures soon...

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Scouting out some places for some car meets and decided to take a pic.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20190123_221117

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi looks great. Where is your footwell lighting from?
Thanks, I appreciate it! I actually took a chance on footwell lighting from Walmart. Kinda got it as a joke expecting it to be garbage, and it actually turned out good enough for me to keep it in my Civic!

feedthefeesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic lx coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed Mirimoto 5500k HID kit and Calais 3000k fogs, first two changes to my brand new car. Can't wait to break this thing in and get to the rest of my plans, although, my list keeps growing and it's kind of scary.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) image0

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) lights

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed Mirimoto 5500k HID kit and Calais 3000k fogs, first two changes to my brand new car. Can't wait to break this thing in and get to the rest of my plans, although, my list keeps growing and it's kind of scary.

image0.jpg

lights.jpg
Looking good! Trust me, the list will never end...
I strongly suggest you go aftermarket clear/smoked side marker with the yellow fogs!

feedthefeesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic lx coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking good! Trust me, the list will never end...
I strongly suggest you go aftermarket clear/smoked side marker with the yellow fogs!
Thanks! Sidemarkers are actually next on my list since I'm only doing cosmetic until 600+ miles, I'm actually still debating between clear and smoked. Leaning towards smoked with LED bulbs, gotta find out if non-yellow is legal here, my county really loves their motor vehicle ticket income.

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK, so some of this wasn't actually done "today" but I've finally finished all the little upgrades I've been planning on doing (short of a Katzkin interior that is... maybe eventually...)

This involved the following parts, variously from the Type R and Coupe Touring models, all going into my sparky little Coupe LX:

* 54102-TGH-A00, 54103-TGH-A00 Type R shift knob & Flange nut
* 77296-TBF-A01ZA SI shift boot (SI and Type R use the same flange nut, so the snapping collar fits... more importantly, the SI boot wasn't on backorder at the time...)
* 78501-TGH-A90ZA Type R steering wheel
* 78540-TBA-A10ZA Garnish (bottom spoke of steering wheel from a Touring, so it would match the other LX silver accents around my buttons)
* 83441-TBA-A01ZA Centre console armrest lid (switch to "leather")
* 83411-TBA-A11ZA Centre console armrest (R) (switch to "leather")
* 83416-TBA-A11ZA Centre console armrest (L) (switch to "leather")
* 83502-TBG-A51ZA Door lining armrest (R) (switch to "leather")
* 83552-TBG-A51ZA Door lining armrest (L) (switch to "leather")

... and perhaps the most functional of all the upgrades...

* 83449-TBA-A01ZA Sliding coin tray for the upper track in the centre console (which apparently doesn't come standard with the Coupe LX)

BTW, I say "leather" because it's faux leather for the armrests (reasonably convincing, but definitely faux... still way nicer than the cloth). The contrast stitching on the centre console armrests is dyed red with sharpie.

Got the knob on ebay (try to get one that comes in Honda packaging... there are fakes out there). Got everything else from torontohondaparts.com. They were very responsive and extremely helpful to deal with. If you register for an account on their site you get a discount on anything you buy there (I think it was 20% off at my time of purchase) .

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Mods

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Installed aftermarket fog lights in my LX. not bad for about 60 bucks and plugs into the normal oem connectors so the car turns it off with my head lights (if I leave it on and get out of the car). Ignore very salty car - eastern Canadian roads are salty af.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) V4znBEd

jestevez1292

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Installed aftermarket fog lights in my LX. not bad for about 60 bucks and plugs into the normal oem connectors so the car turns it off with my head lights (if I leave it on and get out of the car). Ignore very salty car - eastern Canadian roads are salty af.

V4znBEd.jpg
Hey! 60 canadien bucks or? Where did you get them? Trying to add some on my EX

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tinted taillights and little carbon fiber overlays for the steering wheel.

IMG_20190120_171816.jpg

IMG_20190119_121025.jpg
Where did you get rear spoiler?
Sponsored