What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Peanuts

The Flying Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally just realized that I accidentally got all of the carbon fiber to line up, I swear I'm not that good and I've never done it before:rofl:
Sponsored

—Nicole—

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
How is it a downgrade? Newer model, same trim level. To me it seems like a sidegrade. Swapped a hatch for a trunk. Besides didn't yo mama ever tell you "If you ain't got nothing nice to say..."? :nixon:
If my 16' was a hatch I probably would of went sedan just change it up but I went the other way.
Looks good -Nicole-
Thank you! Not to mention, the sport hatch had the LX radio, terrible cloth interior, and no Honda sensing to name a few. Great car and fun to drive but I gained a lot more features with the sedan. Both models had its drawbacks.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wow...never seen someone downgrading by trading a car.......
How is it a downgrade? Newer model, same trim level. To me it seems like a sidegrade. Swapped a hatch for a trunk. Besides didn't yo mama ever tell you "If you ain't got nothing nice to say..."? :nixon:
If my 16' was a hatch I probably would of went sedan just change it up but I went the other way.
Looks good -Nicole-
Thank you! Not to mention, the sport hatch had the LX radio, terrible cloth interior, and no Honda sensing to name a few. Great car and fun to drive but I gained a lot more features with the sedan. Both models had its drawbacks.
I think it's because hfpdohc is in Canada, where the Sport hatch is much better equipped than in the US. It's equipped like the US EX hatch, which does not exist in Canada. Even the equipment level in the Canadian LX hatch is better than the US Sport hatch.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
8C45815F-FE14-4240-8D4F-3E7C4031032B.jpeg
0B821A26-B03E-41AE-ADE9-CAAD47E2D7D2.jpeg
47D7BD3C-A800-493B-9BE3-F9CD8B790FE8.jpeg

Installed the black mishimoto weighted shift knob and a $10 shift boot adapter from amazon. Shifts improved. Less crunch going into second gear and even smoothed out all other gears. Also have acuity shifter bushings installed.

Side note - If you do end up switching the shift boot adapter make sure to use a small zip tie, or at least a zip tie with a small head; as you won’t have a big bump where the boot meets the adapter like me! Luckily I somewhat “hid” the bump on the side closest to the front of the car.
Love my mishimoto shift knob!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was done yesterday for those that did not see my thread. Seeing how durable this wrap is

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 63185B09-0626-4494-93A3-2F826F169EDD

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 7413C8B7-47C9-4A3D-81F1-41711892B333

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E8235458-6613-4EA4-882C-12BA787CA2B1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E82659D9-0C13-406B-A5F4-F7C59B20D9D8

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks great. I want. Tell me more. What was used? Did you do it? How bright is it when you brake?
Edit* also what part of Indiana are you in. I'm originally from Indianapolis. Go Colts!!
I did it myself.... Not gonna lie, it was pretty hard. So many bends and curves. Took about 5 hours to do both. Lights look fine, slightly dimmer. I used Vvivid tint. It was pretty forgiving with all the stretching and heating I did. I'm in NW Indiana... Go Bears!! ... Uh I guess Colts now. :(

VViViD Air-Tint Smoke Black Gloss Vinyl Headlight Foglight Transparent Tint Wrap Self-Adhesive (16" x 48", 2-roll Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1KRMQZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NmRmCb2TF6SMG

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my PRL Catless Down pipe and Front pipe today. It went incredibly well, no broken studs or anything. Just soaked in PB B'laster and slowly wrenched them off. Re-flashed the ECU to disable O2 errors and haven't gotten a CEL yet.

Initial Thoughts: Car is WAY louder now. Previously, all I had done was a muffler delete and kept the stock resonator. It gave the car a nice sound and didn't seem to aggressive. After the install, the car is way more aggressive sounding, crackles and pops a lot more and sounds amazing in person. With all this BS exhaust law crap going around California right now, I'm probably going to lay low for a bit. Also, my clutch is slipping like crazy now and I'm being forced to order my new one sooner than I thought. :(

Here's some random sound clips.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
wow...never seen someone downgrading by trading a car.......
Honestly it looks good both ways, they both look clean af. dont listen to that fool.
Traded my ‘18 sport hatch for a ‘19 sport sedan, got the windows tinted today. Next up is smoked or clear side markers, still trying to decide. Also on the fence about deleting the chrome.

BE187E2D-9F54-4FB8-A3DC-900558D9FFBA.jpeg

8C1A7699-4FE1-4400-8C3F-54FBE034A941.jpeg
looks clean!!! dont listen to the haters..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Have been working on my car since the day i got it a few years ago, but i'm new to the website and finally feel like I've gotten her to a point where i want to show her off. She's got a custom vinyl wrap that i did, tinted windows, tinted headlights, plasti-dipped rims, new front splitter, custom side and rear diffusers that i made, underbody lights, painted calipers and a few other odds and ends i added. Let me know what you think!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) test4

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) test8

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) test3