What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Got my civic back from the dealer today after they kept it for a really loud idle squeal. Last time they replaced pulleys and belt and that didn't solve it. This time they did the water pump and so far so good no more squeal.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New shift knob "mugen" alike (10 times cheaper, so, don't think so it' s original even if came on a mugen box)

Btw... Really honda? really need to fix the boot with "special clip" to the oem shift knob? Gotta find the way to fix it to the new one.

img_20180718_124418_982-jpg.jpg
google Acuity shift boot collar upgrade that fixes your problem. you have the same shift know i have :)

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
love the whip man, looks sick.... couldn't help but notice the license plate either, the background is amazing, is that something you can get or is meant for something
It's a specialty plate in Arizona, anyone can get it you just have to have the car registered in AZ and pay and extra $25 for the specialty plate.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Day 1 of the detail. Washed with CG Clean Slate to remove the old wax and sealer. Then clay bar and polish. Will finish up tomorrow hopefully.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_4439.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_4444.JPG

saiyajin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Lexus IS250 AWD
Country flag
I can finally post in this thread! Over the past week:

1. Wash, clay bar, glaze (Black Light), seal (Jet Seal), wax (Pete's 53). I might be a sucker for good advertising but I'm quite happy with Chemical Guys detailing products. All done by hand and took me 20 hours over 2 days, but it was totally worth it as my car looks beautiful.
2. Lllumar Pinnacle tint, 35% front, 15% rear. Thankfully the shop was able to do the hatch without removing the spoiler, though they did break the rubber stoppers when removing the interior window trim. Replaced them a couple of days later so no harm, no foul.
3. Debadged the rear. OEM badges came off fairly easily but the dealership decal (which was ridiculously huge and probably 6" x 4") took over an hour to remove with Goo Gone. I was unimpressed and will definitely mention this next time I stop in there. Now to replace the ugly dealership plate holder.
4. Installed black chrome Honda 'H' badges. Relatively painless process, though I did break the original badges (not just the pins but the actual badge) while removing them. They aren't as dark as I would have liked but I much prefer them over the plain chrome. I hate chrome.
5. Installed OEM mud guards, which I desperately needed. Took me a while to find/get them as I am in Canada. Installation was fairly easy, though I had to MacGuyver the rear ones as I didn't want to drill holes in my bumper.
6. Installed aluminum sill guards. I think they might actually have been designed for the 9th gen Civics but I didn't particularly want the illuminated OEM ones we can get for ours. These look really clean and I think they're a nice touch.
7. Installed the ever popular DEPO smoked side markers. For such a small change they sure make the car look a lot sleeker.

I think for the most part I'm pretty much done with any modifications, though I may add yellow fogs, and I will likely change my interior bulbs to LED and eventually add LED under dash lights. Love this car and still can't believe it's all mine.

20180707_172527.jpg

20180708_185037.jpg

20180708_185019.jpg

20180708_184951.jpg

20180708_184937.jpg

20180708_185145.jpg

20180701_191143.jpg

20180701_191124.jpg

20180630_142444.jpg
where did you order the side markers?
cars looking good :thumbsup:

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had ordered some vinyl wrap about a year ago for my spoiler and door handles. I tried the door handles back then by myself and after struggling to get one done after an hour I shelved the vinyl. Had a buddy over today and out of a spur moment we tackled wrapping the spoiler. There's some noticeable bubbling and rips (mostly on the inner edge where the spoiler points on the two sides) but it turned out better than I had expected.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) MJD-Spoiler02

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) MJD-Spoiler01

It's not very noticeable with body color, but I like the accent it gives and the black very closely matches the front grill.

rwbeach

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
I have the OEM Honda illuminated door sills and they light up red. I don't have a night time picture right now though.

IMG_4120.JPG
I don’t see those on the Honda website. How did you get them? Thanks.

Big E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had a cracked and non-functioning fog/driving light, so I finally replaced it.
As most of you know, you have to remove the front bumper to do so.
I have to say, I was a bit intimidated.
I’ll admit, it was a bit of a PIA, but I was successful - and was able to do it myself.
Honestly, I was more worried about getting everything put back together but was able to do so.
I took the opportunity to switch out the bulbs with LEDs from Opt7.
It was disappointing that one of the tabs on the bulbs is too large to fit in the light housing.
I had to file it down on each bulb. That probably took 1/3 of the time I spent.

Before

After

Last edited:

antwon412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I had a cracked and non-functioning fog/driving light, so I finally replaced it.
As most of you know, you have to remove the front bumper to do so.
I have to say, I was a bit intimidated.
I’ll admit, it was a bit of a PIA, but I was successful - and was able to do it myself.
Honestly, I was more worried about getting everything put back together but was able to do so.
I took the opportunity to switch out the bulbs with LEDs from Opt7.
It was disappointing that one of the tabs on the bulbs is too large to fit in the light housing.
I had to file it down on each bulb. That probably took 1/3 of the time I spent.

Before

After

What’s the blank block off plate on your front fake plastic grill?
Sponsored