What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

UnMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool, thanks! Looking to do mine this weekend. Anything you'd change about your setup/spray process? How long did you wait before hopping behind the wheel?
I've painted my calipers a few times, so it goes pretty quickly for me now. I use a garbage bag with a line cut down the middle of the back to cover the rotor and most of the shock. Then rip a small hole in the side of the bag where the caliper is, and stretch the bag around the caliper. This creates a nice seal so you don't have to tape anything to the rotor. After that, just a little tape on parts of the caliper you don't want to paint (rubber, bolts, etc) and some newspaper on the fenders where you think you might overspray. Wish I had taken some pics for you. I only used 2 pieces of newspaper on the front side of the fender and into the fender well. To get purple, I didn't use high temp paint, but I sandwiched that paint between high temp primer and a high temp clear. I saw it done on a YouTube video where he actually tries to burn it off. The paint doesn't come off until the brake pads are melting. I've done it this way twice before and no issues. All in all I think it was 8 hours on jack stands. Couple hours for cleaning/prepping. Do primer, wait for an hour or two, do colour, wait an hour or two, do clear coat, wait about 20 mins, then pull off all the prep work. (paint can sometimes dry to the tape and will chip parts off the caliper when you pull it off, so do it while its tacky. Just be careful. Paint was dry to the touch a half hour later. Put the wheels on and took it for a ride. The vht high temp primer and clear actually want to be warmed up. It "bakes" the paint and helps to fully cure it. Anyway, hope this helps! If not, sorry for this essay of a post!

Edit: Found a pic of my first time painting them. I tried a different paint that didn't last the winter which is why I redid them. But you can see what I mean.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20170902_150352
Sponsored

Last edited:

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've painted my calipers a few times, so it goes pretty quickly for me now. I use a garbage bag with a line cut down the middle of the back to cover the rotor and most of the shock. Then rip a small hole in the side of the bag where the caliper is, and stretch the bag around the caliper. This creates a nice seal so you don't have to tape anything to the rotor. After that, just a little tape on parts of the caliper you don't want to paint (rubber, bolts, etc) and some newspaper on the fenders where you think you might overspray. Wish I had taken some pics for you. I only used 2 pieces of newspaper on the front side of the fender and into the fender well. To get purple, I didn't use high temp paint, but I sandwiched that paint between high temp primer and a high temp clear. I saw it done on a YouTube video where he actually tries to burn it off. The paint doesn't come off until the brake pads are melting. I've done it this way twice before and no issues. All in all I think it was 8 hours on jack stands. Couple hours for cleaning/prepping. Do primer, wait for an hour or two, do colour, wait an hour or two, do clear coat, wait about 20 mins, then pull off all the prep work. (paint can sometimes dry to the tape and will chip parts off the caliper when you pull it off, so do it while its tacky. Just be careful. Paint was dry to the touch a half hour later. Put the wheels on and took it for a ride. The vht high temp primer and clear actually want to be warmed up. It "bakes" the paint and helps to fully cure it. Anyway, hope this helps! If not, sorry for this essay of a post!

Edit: Found a pic of my first time painting them. I tried a different paint that didn't last the winter which is why I redid them. But you can see what I mean.

IMG_20170902_150352.jpg
Very helpful, thank you! I'm give it a try and post the results.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are Matte Bronze. I have H&R Sport Springs on and it rides great. No rubbing or bottoming out but you do scrape the front lip going over speed bumps too fast.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Installed depot clear sidemarkers and leather seats

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Front.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Passenger Front.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Passenger Rear Seat.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Center Console.JPG

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Matching the back seat trim to cf like the front. First time wrapping things.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) r79hyb

kccy

K's
First Name
K's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Repainted my front calipers, rears next weekend. Also got my new wheels installed. I'm in love. XXR 527 18x8.75 +35 offset. Sorry the car is dirty, wash next weekend too.

IMG_20180611_144007.jpg

IMG_20180611_144024.jpg

IMG_20180611_144041.jpg

IMG_20180611_144058.jpg

IMG_20180611_143722.jpg

IMG_20180611_143657.jpg
Polished metal with purple, very nice :thumbsup:

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Full reupholstery, took tan fabric off and replaced with leather including center console and door panels
Sponsored