What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
IMG_0917.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0920.JPG
(actually done Saturday) Oem type R wheel and front emblems (didn't realize the rear was a different size! Received correct one today) and POR15 red caliper paint. Thinking of changing calipers to black. Also jet sealed and butter waxed the wheels.
IMG_0919.JPG
Yes, the Coupe uses the same size front and rear, so ordering 2 of the Hatch front H emblems is correct. Looks nice!
Sponsored

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 black Civic SI coupe, 1996 black Civic ex coupe, 1994 Toyota pickup
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh, I want a pickup just like that soooo bad. Either those old Tacoma's or an old Nissan that's baby blue because my grandfather had one. Back when they were just called "truck" not Frontier lol.
I like driving my truck "almost" as much as my Si!

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would still take my FK7 over that.

sadsushi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Ugh... these waterless/rinseless "washing"... I want to see them do this when the car ISN'T clean. That thing is spotless except for a thin layer of dirt that would come right off with a car duster.
It works well for me and is less time consuming than the two bucket method with a hose and all that

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Started installing my first HID kit. After a half hour of prodding, I pulled the plastic cover from off the top of the radiator and fell in love with the idea on installing them on the bracket... totally hiding them. So, after doing that, the moment of Truth comes to plug it in and, of course... the wiring from ballast to bulb is about 1" too short on the passenger side. It's probably be 3-6" too short on the drivers side.

So... I'm quitting for the night and seeing if I can order an extension cable. However... if you've got slim ballasts and don't ever want to see any of it, that's not a bad spot. It doesn't sit on the radiator... and doesn't touch the plastic cover either and is totally hidden. I've yet to find a spot I'm in love with for the relay, but it'll be somewhere near the fuse box.

Time to drink a beer, quit and wait for another cable to come in the mail I suppose.

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 black Civic SI coupe, 1996 black Civic ex coupe, 1994 Toyota pickup
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
17 mpg is really good you should drive my suburban it gets 10 mpg on a non windy day

20160318_204942.jpg
My trucks a 4cyl and can probably fit inside your suburban, nice Suburban thou.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Started installing my first HID kit. After a half hour of prodding, I pulled the plastic cover from off the top of the radiator and fell in love with the idea on installing them on the bracket... totally hiding them. So, after doing that, the moment of Truth comes to plug it in and, of course... the wiring from ballast to bulb is about 1" too short on the passenger side. It's probably be 3-6" too short on the drivers side.

So... I'm quitting for the night and seeing if I can order an extension cable. However... if you've got slim ballasts and don't ever want to see any of it, that's not a bad spot. It doesn't sit on the radiator... and doesn't touch the plastic cover either and is totally hidden. I've yet to find a spot I'm in love with for the relay, but it'll be somewhere near the fuse box.

Time to drink a beer, quit and wait for another cable to come in the mail I suppose.
That was my issue as well but, luckily, I had a leftover extension from my LED kit.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered the red footwell lighting and am going to be putting my Morimoto 2 Stroke LEDs into my high beams since I'm not using them for anything else. Also going to the track tomorrow.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type-R swapped my steering wheel, shift boot/knob, and installed my Android Radio. INB4 anime plush comments

IMG_1720.JPG
How do you like the radio? How's the responsiveness and what processor/memory did you buy?

Landie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
How do you like the radio? How's the responsiveness and what processor/memory did you buy?
Here's the tablet I got: https://phoenixandroidradios.com/co...or-honda-civic-2016-2017?variant=627557990413

I got it with 4GB of RAM ($430), it didn't make sense to not spend an extra $30 to double the RAM for performance (2GB option is $400). Honestly it's the best purchase I've ever made for a car. It's surprisingly snappy, I've never had an issue yet with response time, speed, or crashing. The only issues I have are with certain apps, not with the radio itself. The ONLY issue I'm having so far is with Apple Music (iPhone user), it plays fine, there are just a few broken functions. I use the Apple Music widgets which work, or I just shuffle a playlist. It takes a bit of learning if you don't have knowledge of Android software (customizing basically everything, different launchers, etc.) but if you have the data plan to keep a hotspot going in your car, you never have to touch your phone.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's the tablet I got: https://phoenixandroidradios.com/co...or-honda-civic-2016-2017?variant=627557990413

I got it with 4GB of RAM ($430), it didn't make sense to not spend an extra $30 to double the RAM for performance (2GB option is $400). Honestly it's the best purchase I've ever made for a car. It's surprisingly snappy, I've never had an issue yet with response time, speed, or crashing. The only issues I have are with certain apps, not with the radio itself. The ONLY issue I'm having so far is with Apple Music (iPhone user), it plays fine, there are just a few broken functions. I use the Apple Music widgets which work, or I just shuffle a playlist. It takes a bit of learning if you don't have knowledge of Android software (customizing basically everything, different launchers, etc.) but if you have the data plan to keep a hotspot going in your car, you never have to touch your phone.
That's awesome, that's the exact one I want to buy. Data usage shouldn't be much different that plugging your phone in and using Android Auto/CarPlay.

I really want to get one of these, but I'm going to have to wait till well after Christmas. Couldn't resist buying a HTC Vive for myself on Cyber Monday... Gotta wait for the wife agro to reset.
Sponsored