What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
there's already a fuel economy thread too. I'm not posting a how to, this is what I did to my civic today.
What's the deal with the a-holes and tattle tales on this forum? It's ran like a Nazi concentration camp. I am not implying that you are either, just asking as I am relatively new to the forum.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to but I read it lets water into the fuel system if you get condensation on your tank.
100% untrue. This is what I do for work, I design fuel systems at GM.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's the deal with the a-holes and tattle tales on this forum? It's ran like a Nazi concentration camp. I am not implying that you are either, just asking as I am relatively new to the forum.
I don't know I think people get bored lol smashing that report button is all that's necessary, leave it to the moderators.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might be because of the bumper. I don't know why that would make a difference, but all those models share the same front bumper.
I looked up the part numbers for the sedan and hatchback horn and there's no surprise that they're the same. I might try to reach out to College Hills Honda for an explanation as to why they say it won't work for the hatch, SI, or Type R. At this point I'm confident the horn would work but I'm intrigued that they claim it won't!

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked up the part numbers for the sedan and hatchback horn and there's no surprise that they're the same. I might try to reach out to College Hills Honda for an explanation as to why they say it won't work for the hatch, SI, or Type R. At this point I'm confident the horn would work but I'm intrigued that they claim it won't!
the horn itself is universal, the wiring harness that connects to it could be different from other civic models or just the fact that the bumper dissassembly is different from model to model could explain why they say that.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the horn itself is universal, the wiring harness that connects to it could be different from other civic models or just the fact that the bumper dissassembly is different from model to model could explain why they say that.
From all the pictures I've seen the horns have connector that's built on the horn itself like this one.

If they had different connecters then surely it would be a significant enough change to designate a different part number for the hatch and SI. I guess it's a possibility they claim it won't work because of the bumpers considering the hatch's and SI are the only ones with black grilles. Looks like I'm just gonna bite the bullet and order one! I'll keep the fam posted on how it goes!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) s-l225

jxshva

The Black Pearl WOP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This really happened this past weekend, but I was traveling and wasn't able to post.

I took my Civic for it's first long road trip. I went from Northern IL to the Southern tip of IL. While on my drive down there my TPMS was activated and all my tires appeared to have plenty of air to my eyes(not a good way to judge air pressure). I know that this system can be sensitive so I stopped and added some air. I stopped at a couple stations but none had a gauge on the hose(note to self travel with pressure gauge). Well it didn't help the light stayed on. I happen to drive past a Honda dealership in Carbondale and quickly turned around to have it checked out..... Well I had 60 psi in the front 2 tires and 40 in the back, but they adjusted it and all is well. I am going to assume that the TPMS was tripped cause the air in the tire expanded, creating more pressure not less. Lesson learned here.

While I was at the dealership the service guy tried to sell me on getting a Hondata tune from them, claiming it could give my Civic power similar to a Type R. That's awesome that they are offering it at a dealership. I told him that I have a Ktuner to do my tuning so no Thank You, and he had no clue what a Ktuner was. Oh well, just thought I would share my experience.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Filled my tank with 87. $27 dollars now with 30mi left.

Who lets their fuel light come on before fill up?
I fill when it’s convenient, but I do prefer to wait until it at least 3/4 empty. What I really want to know is how many miles are left once the fuel light comes on? Or how many more miles are there after the 'miles remailing' reads zero.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This really happened this past weekend, but I was traveling and wasn't able to post.

I took my Civic for it's first long road trip. I went from Northern IL to the Southern tip of IL. While on my drive down there my TPMS was activated and all my tires appeared to have plenty of air to my eyes(not a good way to judge air pressure). I know that this system can be sensitive so I stopped and added some air. I stopped at a couple stations but none had a gauge on the hose(note to self travel with pressure gauge). Well it didn't help the light stayed on. I happen to drive past a Honda dealership in Carbondale and quickly turned around to have it checked out..... Well I had 60 psi in the front 2 tires and 40 in the back, but they adjusted it and all is well. I am going to assume that the TPMS was tripped cause the air in the tire expanded, creating more pressure not less. Lesson learned here.

While I was at the dealership the service guy tried to sell me on getting a Hondata tune from them, claiming it could give my Civic power similar to a Type R. That's awesome that they are offering it at a dealership. I told him that I have a Ktuner to do my tuning so no Thank You, and he had no clue what a Ktuner was. Oh well, just thought I would share my experience.
Our TPMS does not rely on sensors inside the tires actively monitoring air pressure. It instead looks at individual wheel speed. If a tire is low, it will have less circumference and will spin faster than the other tires. You could trip our TPMS with a different size tire or too much/too little air in a tire.

60psi in our tires is insane... You definitely should buy a gauge to keep in your car. They cost $5.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No offense meant but how the hell could you have 60 PSI in your tires? Yes, driving does build up a bit of pressure but you literally almost blew them up. That's just nuts and unsafe as shit. You don't have a tire pressure gauge and you didn't notice how rough the ride was? Wow.
How was the MPG at 60psi? lol

jxshva

The Black Pearl WOP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase

I am currently dealing with something similar my TPMS went off and I've added the appropriate amount of air to all tires (32 psi) but the abs light is still on, Ill get it looked at by the dealership when I go pick up my spare key and get my perm plates. Its weird coming from a VW Passat B6 where the TPMS reads and resets itself once the car is turned on and the conditions have been met.

Found this, Re calibrate your TMPS

Last edited:

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
No offense meant but how the hell could you have 60 PSI in your tires? Yes, driving does build up a bit of pressure but you literally almost blew them up. That's just nuts and unsafe as shit. You don't have a tire pressure gauge and you didn't notice how rough the ride was? Wow.
Might not have been his/her fault. There’s a thread in here about how the tires are insanely overinflated upon delivery.
Sponsored