What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
These were kind of a pain in the butt to install but totally worth it. Make sure you take the battery out for easier access.

Got my Acuity Shifter Cable Bushing in the mail.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Got this beauty on my way into work this morning...... Actually glad the hit was on the windshield. 2-3 inches over and it would've been a huge paint chip.

Appointment scheduled tomorrow for a replacement windshield.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_3959[5892]

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
The wife and I went to Louisville for a doctor's appointment today. We decided to have lunch. We parked at a meter. When we came back to my Honda, some a-hole had illegally parked. In doing so, he hit my car and the car behind me. It scratched the diffuser a little. I was as mad about the scratch as I was his total disrespect for the property of others. I called the police and waited for the owner to arrive. He copped an attitude, which wasn't received well. I informed him I had called the police, and he left. I absolutely hate most people.

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
I
Hey Yall... I'm a flashback to the 60's. I believe in breaking the engine in hard from day one. I have been beating the crap out of my new 2017 coupe since day one and it runs like a stripped ass ape. To each his own.
I did the same thing with my 2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe. I am old school.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
The wife and I went to Louisville for a doctor's appointment today. We decided to have lunch. We parked at a meter. When we came back to my Honda, some a-hole had illegally parked. In doing so, he hit my car and the car behind me. It scratched the diffuser a little. I was as mad about the scratch as I was his total disrespect for the property of others. I called the police and waited for the owner to arrive. He copped an attitude, which wasn't received well. I informed him I had called the police, and he left. I absolutely hate most people.
Hit and run, even better.

Hope it gets fixed quick and that jerk gets naturally selected. I'm tired of people

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Got this beauty on my way into work this morning...... Actually glad the hit was on the windshield. 2-3 inches over and it would've been a huge paint chip.

Appointment scheduled tomorrow for a replacement windshield.

IMG_3959[5892].jpg
How much is the replacement and what aftermarket company makes it since it won't be a Honda OEM windshield.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
How much is the replacement and what aftermarket company makes it since it won't be a Honda OEM windshield.
The replacement is $300 which includes an aftermarket windshield, 3 seal's, disposal of the damaged windshield and a life of the vehicle warranty. Not sure what the aftermarket brand is, but I'll find out tomorrow. I asked about an OEM replacement and the price for an OEM windshield was $500 not including the seal's. They recommended I go aftermarket since I don't have Honda Sensing. This company was recommended by my State Farm agent.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The replacement is $300 which includes an aftermarket windshield, 3 seal's, disposal of the damaged windshield and a life of the vehicle warranty. Not sure what the aftermarket brand is, but I'll find out tomorrow. I asked about an OEM replacement and the price for an OEM windshield was $500 not including the seal's. They recommended I go aftermarket since I don't have Honda Sensing. This company was recommended by my State Farm agent.
Do you not have glass coverage?

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch w/Honda Sensing
I think you are confusing the faint stock induction sound with whistling man, there is a difference in both sounds.
I'm a woman, just so you know. :oops: Any recommendations on a place to purchase a K&N? I can purchase parts from my work with an employee discount, but I'm always looking for the cheapest prices out there.

'18 Accord
are they out yet?
i assume with 250hp and 273 lbs of torque this bad boy should be faster than teh sport hatch and maybe faster than the SI
IDK about elsewhere, but the dealer I work at is looking at early October for our 2018 Accord shipment...can't wait. Forgive the plug, but now is the time to "steal" a 2017 Accord. Especially the hybrids and V6 models (last year for V6 AND Coupes, BTW!)

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch w/Honda Sensing
I've had my in-laws in town for the past two weeks, so mainly just using my car to transport them around on weekends. I have a trip from Medford to Portland coming up this weekend. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to get my tints done, but plan on getting them done after the craziness is over.

The rattling/tapping sound from my headliner has stopped in areas where I put stuffing, but then developed more toward the front of the sunroof. So I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics today and bought some foam rubber. I cut it into a strip and stuffed it between the sunroof framing and the headliner. I plan on continuing to place foam wherever there is a rattle until this nightmare stops. It's gonna look like an effin' rat's nest under there by the time I'm through! :banghead:

I also bought some Meguiar's Scratch X and a fresh microfiber cloth to continue getting the scratches/swirls out of the plate by the automatic shift knob. Some of which were there when I bought the car. After several passes, I got rid of the most obvious scratches. It's not 100% perfect, but certainly much better. This product also works on the exterior piano black surfaces, such as the door frames. For the record, I HATE piano black surfaces in cars. The stuff is pretty when it's new, but so prone to blemishes! :what:

twinjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic lx
Plastic dip sucks. I used it and it was a waste of time and money. Looks cheap, because it is cheap. If I can't have something painted, it will remain chrome.
Go with flexidip instead. I got a much smoother texture than with plasti