What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesnt the Ktuner V2 turn your Android smartphone into a dashcam?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah its amazing how people immediately take no blame and try to make out the other driver to be at fault. It was a young kid who hit me and didn't say he was or wasn't at fault but as soon as the dash cam video played he admitted he hit me. For around $100 its imo the best investment you can get.
In my most famous video, the guy in the mustang claimed that the pontiac GTO ran him off the road.....boy was he pissed when I told the cop not only the story but showed him the video....

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The other reason I got
Yeah its amazing how people immediately take no blame and try to make out the other driver to be at fault. It was a young kid who hit me and didn't say he was or wasn't at fault but as soon as the dash cam video played he admitted he hit me. For around $100 its imo the best investment you can get.
I have to be anal and spend $600 on it. LOL

JustAHatch17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Got into my first accident. Kid in a uhaul merged in my lane and dented my rear quarter panel and dented my wheel well along with scraping my wheel. Thank God I had the dash cam, as soon as the cop saw it he immediately said it was his fault
What dash cam do you have?

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Ooh, I had a busy day today. Started off by dropping it off at the dealer to get my all-weather mats and Window Visors installed at 9AM. Thought it would only take an hour or two, but was very wrong because it wasn't done until 3PM. Missed my tint appointment, but rescheduled for tomorrow morning. Raced home to get my other parts installed :) Low quality pictures from my snapchat, once it's tinted tomorrow and I put the rear flaps on I'll take some better pics! Enjoy!

vwhcSDS.jpg

att1EH3.jpg

iWXXO7m.jpg

CqoBsz5.jpg

6Z0xixc.jpg

vVbTaTq.jpg

kNqPcNY.jpg
How was the install of the Rally Armor mudflaps? It's been on my list but looks a bit difficult since they don't have a Honda kit, only Subi.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you can. Pulled from Ktuners website.

Looked up TunerView and it says I can record video and datalogs. (quote below)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linszter.tunerview&hl=en

ktuner.PNG

tuinerview.PNG
I mean, you can always record video on your phone like a dash cam. youll still have to mount your phone, attach your v2 and then it overlays the data from the v2 with your video from your phone.but the v2 doesnt make your phone a dash cam. Anything with a camera can be a dash cam

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well right. I guess the ktuner just lets it sync with tunerview for the data overlay. I'd imagine a long trip could take up a lot of memory which would be better suited for a dedicated dashcam.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well right. I guess the ktuner just lets it sync with tunerview for the data overlay. I'd imagine a long trip could take up a lot of memory which would be better suited for a dedicated dashcam.
the data overlay would be good for like drag racing or overlaying for a hot lap on a road course or autocross. Long term itd kill your memory. My dash cam records in 10 minute loops, holds a 32 gb card. Itll hold about 2-3 hrs of video and continuously records over old video unless you mark it to keep or have a g shock event where it automatically locks.

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Thanks man. I own a Rexing V1 dash cam I bought off Amazon. I picked it up for around $75 on sale one day. The video quality is great and I have zero complaints so far. I'm sure there are better models out there but for a simple device that records video in high definition I couldn't be happier.
Can you post a pic on where you placed your camera? And how do you power the camera? Thanks!

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How was the install of the Rally Armor mudflaps? It's been on my list but looks a bit difficult since they don't have a Honda kit, only Subi.
I was worried about how difficult it would be before I bought mine but it's actually pretty easy. The front ones you can use all factory bolts just make a cardboard template so you can find out where you want to place them then you mark the holes in the cardboard and use it to drill holes in your flaps. The rears you do the same with a cardboard template but there isn't much hardware on the rears I had to go to home depot get some screws, washers, and nuts to make the install complete. You have to take the wheels off it makes the install very easy took me about 2-3 hours total for everything.
Sponsored