What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not an entirely true statement... in the Sport hatch the manual gets 29/38/33 and the CVT 30/36/32, so about 5% better on the hwy with the manual. For the LX hatch the manual gets 29/38/33 and the CVT 31/40/34, so the CVT is actually better on the hwy in that case.
We are splitting hairs here. But yes I was speaking about the Sport trim 6 speed vs the CVT in the Sport, EX, EX-T and Touring. 30/33/39 vs 30/32/36. Delta is 3...so roughly 8%.

Interesting that the LX CVT does so much better than the non-LX trims. Must be due to the smaller contact patch with the smaller/narrower tires? Maybe weight savings?

20170905_182925.jpg

20% tint and some new shoes. 18in Moda's
Those look a lot like the Accord Sport wheels. =)

Installed the PRL intake tube to go with the K&N drop in filter. Haven't been on the highway yet, but I feel like its smoother giving it some throttle over the stock tube.

IMG_1070.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) {filename}
Whats the benefit? Thicker material to keep air temps lower?

Smoky AF...there are mountains somewhere. :dunno:
Hope you're safe. Got some family up in Oregon who's house is at risk with that fire.
Sponsored

JustAHatch17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks cool. I'd be concerned with metal on metal noises the way the muffler comes through the metal bracket. How does that work, is the muffler welded to the bracket?
No metal noises, the bracket is a prototype and is going to have tweaks made. The bracket is welded onto it.

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch w/Honda Sensing
Interesting that the LX CVT does so much better than the non-LX trims. Must be due to the smaller contact patch with the smaller/narrower tires? Maybe weight savings?
Yes, exactly right. For example, between working at an Acura store and now working for Honda, I was at a Hyundai store. Was there when the Ioniq hybrid was released. The base model, or "Blue" trim, gets better gas mileage (57/59) than the mid and high models (SEL and Limited, which get 55/54) because it has narrower tires.

SP202LOFI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
Where did you get it? i was looking for the same thing
They only had the green in stock when I ordered, but right from ebay. My wife is driving it today so I'll see what she thinks of it later. I've never thought short ram intakes were any good and since she drives it too I can't trust her with a CAI. This was the next step. I'll probably make a better post about it once I get a good feel for what its doing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRL-Motorsp...d=182611276754&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

theonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^ I was thinking to either get that or get a metal tube, after all i just want to hear my turbo better tbh lol

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Washed and waxed car for the first time and went for a drive. This color just jumps out at you when polished.

ABP??? ABP??! ABP?!! ABP!!!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pmed, is your hatch an EX or EX-L? Looks nice!

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's an EX, has everything but Nav. I found something odd, it said it was made in England.
Perhaps you and I have the same trim? Mine is an EX with Honda Sensing. It's almost perfect because I just get the nav through my Android Auto, I have cloth seats now (no more sizzling when I get in my car) and of course the ACC and other Honda Sensing features, which I totally use and nerd out about.

Because it is =) All hatches are from Swindon England
I actually forgot about this. Sweet!
Sponsored