What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

rohitx

NewRealm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T (AB)
Rohit, none of it adds anything to the driveability of it.. JJK, Wanted to point out I do not have exhuast tips at all, do not have a Turbo sticker but do have a thick steering wheel due to having Honda Sensing. It's almost too thick as is so will not be needing leather steering wheel.

Do you like those 17 inch wheels as far as styling. I like the 16s.
Thanks for your input. Drivability isn't everything for me, and I personally like everything I added. I thought the tips and decals gave it a fresh look, and the leather steering wheel changes the interior experience for me.

EDIT: I did mean to infer that I love the way the car drives now, so performance mods aren't really my cup of tea. And yes, love the 17s! I liked the 16s too but EX felt it worked a little hard to speed up (similar to my '10 EXL), so that was a big factor going EX-T.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
How is the sound now? I have a sport touring and the audio system isn't any better than my 2006 RSX :doh:
It sounds fantastic! But, I also sound deaden the doors, have a DSP unit, rear speakers, two amplifiers, and a subwoofer. It did cost me a pretty penny though. All worth it!

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I've been thinking of doing this, did you install yourself?
Definitely do it. HUGE difference. I didn't do it me self, but it shouldn't be difficult. If you're pretty handy, you can totally do it. I'm just really lazy and don't have the tools/patience to do it my self.

Msquared

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch w/Honda Sensing
Today in my Civic...I took it on its first short road trip (just over 40 miles each way) to my parents' house and back to help my mom make pickles and visit with their kittens.

As some of you know, I just got it last Thursday, and had only been commuting until today, when I could finally take it out on the open freeway. I finally got the chance to really test out the Adaptive Cruise Control, and I was not disappointed! It wasn't my first time using ACC, as I've tried it out in the 2017 Acura MDX when I worked for Acura, and now I work for Honda.

I was also impressed with the gas mileage, which was hovering at or above 40 MPG on the freeway, and stayed near 39 even after going up the hills to my house. Crazy to say this, but my previous car, the 2015 Toyota Prius c, actually didn't do much better, if not worse, on the freeway. (It was much better suited for in-town driving, as most hybrids are.)

I also tried to call a window tinting place that a couple of my friends recommended, but they weren't answering their phone. Maybe closed on Labor Day? I want to get darker tints than the factory ones soon; will definitely be my first "mod."

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 21372332_476424832719149_2195428316385640448_n

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my shipping notification for a new part......Its on the boat lol

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) s-l500

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Today in my Civic...I took it on its first short road trip (just over 40 miles each way) to my parents' house and back to help my mom make pickles and visit with their kittens.

As some of you know, I just got it last Thursday, and had only been commuting until today, when I could finally take it out on the open freeway. I finally got the chance to really test out the Adaptive Cruise Control, and I was not disappointed! It wasn't my first time using ACC, as I've tried it out in the 2017 Acura MDX when I worked for Acura, and now I work for Honda.

I was also impressed with the gas mileage, which was hovering at or above 40 MPG on the freeway, and stayed near 39 even after going up the hills to my house. Crazy to say this, but my previous car, the 2015 Toyota Prius c, actually didn't do much better, if not worse, on the freeway. (It was much better suited for in-town driving, as most hybrids are.)

I also tried to call a window tinting place that a couple of my friends recommended, but they weren't answering their phone. Maybe closed on Labor Day? I want to get darker tints than the factory ones soon; will definitely be my first "mod."

21372332_476424832719149_2195428316385640448_n.jpg
The pickle is a unheraled and underrated monster that you do not want to underestimate on a burger. You seem to be able to get animals to pose for pictures cause that gray cat would love to see your gray car. The gas mileage is awesome for a lugger and I think it lugs like my prev DD, the Sc300 did, but that was an antiquated fossil. Here, you get rewarded for lugging with a solid ride and great FE!

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
The pickle is a unheraled and underrated monster that you do not want to underestimate on a burger. You seem to be able to get animals to pose for pictures cause that gray cat would love to see your gray car. The gas mileage is awesome for a lugger and I think it lugs like my prev DD, the Sc300 did, but that was an antiquated fossil. Here, you get rewarded for lugging with a solid ride and great FE!
My fuel economy hardly ever goes over 30mpg even on the interstate. I am not impressed with the fuel economy at all. However, I didn't buy it for fuel economy.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My fuel economy hardly ever goes over 30mpg even on the interstate. I am not impressed with the fuel economy at all. However, I didn't buy it for fuel economy.
My freeway speeds limits are 70-75 and so flow of traffic is generally in the 75-80 mph range, Im like you, Im lucky to get 30 mpg on a freeway whether Im on my 93 tune or my e85 blend tune.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My freeway speeds limits are 70-75 and so flow of traffic is generally in the 75-80 mph range, Im like you, Im lucky to get 30 mpg on a freeway whether Im on my 93 tune or my e85 blend tune.
Have only had my Civic Hatch Sport for a month and have had to fill up twice already. I've been following the green/white light indicator in the car and have been minimizing any fast acceleration during the break in period. The first tank I did 75% highway cruising around 75mph and the rest city. That tank I got a combined 33mpg, but on the highway I was getting 39-42mpg. 2nd tank was more 70% city/30%hwy....got 31.5mpg combined. I'm currently on my third tank which has been 90% city and so far I've gotten 28mpg combined. I'm going to try the "eco" mode on the next tank and see if that improves anything. I bought this for a combination of power when I want/need it and MPGs. If I can get combined 30-32mpg consistently I'll be stoked. My 2013 Fit would get 32mpg combined if I drove like a granny and 28ish when I drove it hard.

Are you guys CVT? 6 speed manual? I know in the hatch the CVT gets 10% less on hwy than the manual.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do the covers fit over the lock wheel nut? :confused: also do you know how tall the spoiler is?
I was wondering the same thing and think due to the wheel lock being round instead of hex shaped not sure the cover will work. Maybe he doesn't have wheel locks?

Also just ordered Hatchback Window Visors

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Have only had my Civic Hatch Sport for a month and have had to fill up twice already. I've been following the green/white light indicator in the car and have been minimizing any fast acceleration during the break in period. The first tank I did 75% highway cruising around 75mph and the rest city. That tank I got a combined 33mpg, but on the highway I was getting 39-42mpg. 2nd tank was more 70% city/30%hwy....got 31.5mpg combined. I'm currently on my third tank which has been 90% city and so far I've gotten 28mpg combined. I'm going to try the "eco" mode on the next tank and see if that improves anything. I bought this for a combination of power when I want/need it and MPGs. If I can get combined 30-32mpg consistently I'll be stoked. My 2013 Fit would get 32mpg combined if I drove like a granny and 28ish when I drove it hard.

Are you guys CVT? 6 speed manual? I know in the hatch the CVT gets 10% less on hwy than the manual.
CVT here. Sports are MT too. Maybe when this gen is on its way out.
Sponsored