What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

tpman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT
I drove my Civic 700 miles the past week. I was able to let the car go up to 90 mph in 6th gear and drive though
the city of Saratoga Springs switching between 1st and 2nd gears multiple times.

Driving though the Adirondack Mountains with a 6 speed manual was much better as it saved my brakes.
I was in Saratoga Springs Friday night.
Sponsored

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
Manga flow 19312 I believe is the model has dual

JMT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was in Saratoga Springs Friday night.
We attended the races at Saratoga two days. Day 1 $$$ but had a winning day on Thursday which made up for Monday's losses.

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Replaced the sidemarker LEDs that came with my iJDMToy kit. They were overly bright at night, with some people even complaining that it's blinding them when I'm passing (lol). So I replaced them with the JDM ASTAR LEDs that I had used for my interior dome lights. It's not annoyingly bright, and it matches my headlight LEDs perfectly! I was not a fan of the blue tint compared to my DRLs

BEFORE:
R4FmCpI.jpg

AFTER:
aGuQdfZ.jpg
Link for your LED headlight kit? Looks great!

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Last edited:

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
workin hard 4 da money soo hard 4 it honey!

dynamat.jpg

Nice Job!

I have some noob questions if you don't mind:

1.) how was the installation itself? did you have to remove some stuff and then put the dynamat in?

2) as for the sound dampening, does it really make a difference? less road noise?

3.) will this also improve the overall sound when you're listening inside your car?

**I currently replaced the stock speakers with some alpine speakers and added a 12" slim profile kicker at the back, but I'm finding the sound "hollow". I'm not really sure on how to describe it, but it sounds like there's some space inside the panels that dimishes the overall volume and quality of the sound.

I'm thinking if adding this on all the door panels and the trunk will solve this.

thanks!

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Dario1101 said...
"Not today but yesterday I was messing around with my Civic since I bought some new sockets and extensions. I figured, why not find out where the air filter is? So I did and used a screwdriver on three of the screws and the last one my screwdriver for some reason would not catch onto it. So I used my new extensions to get in there and get that screw out since it also comes attached to hex bolt. Once I did that the damned thing fell deep into the engine bay. On the upside, I found out how to replace the air filter. On the downside, I have a freaking screw loose in my engine bay. I later then went and put my civic on ramps and went under to try and find it. I took off the underside panel protecting all that stuff under there, and I also got my first look at all the oil filter and cool things down there. I spent an hour trying the dig around and find that screw with no luck. So I just gave up. I hope that screw doesn't mess up anything important. I don't know where it could have fallen!

TL;DR: My air filter box has one screw missing and it's in the engine bay somewhere.

P.S.: I hope any regular screw that fits will do for it. I have a bunch of screws in my garage; or do I play it safe and go to an AutoZone for the correct screw?"

Well, I done messed up. While driving to university for my first day of class today I heard a screeching sound once I hit the highway. It was horrible! I pulled over and saw my undercover that protects the engine oil pan and other things down there was unhinged and hanging off. I didn't screw the bolts from the front right the last time I put it back on I guess, so now it is hanging off... I am worried it might bend over backwards once I drive fast, so I have to go 25 mpg or else the screeching noises start again.
Is it okay if I just completely remove the cover? There is no use for it now, it's banged up and dented and bent.

Tl;dr: The undercover which protects the oil pan is falling off my car.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dario1101 said...
"Not today but yesterday I was messing around with my Civic since I bought some new sockets and extensions. I figured, why not find out where the air filter is? So I did and used a screwdriver on three of the screws and the last one my screwdriver for some reason would not catch onto it. So I used my new extensions to get in there and get that screw out since it also comes attached to hex bolt. Once I did that the damned thing fell deep into the engine bay. On the upside, I found out how to replace the air filter. On the downside, I have a freaking screw loose in my engine bay. I later then went and put my civic on ramps and went under to try and find it. I took off the underside panel protecting all that stuff under there, and I also got my first look at all the oil filter and cool things down there. I spent an hour trying the dig around and find that screw with no luck. So I just gave up. I hope that screw doesn't mess up anything important. I don't know where it could have fallen!

TL;DR: My air filter box has one screw missing and it's in the engine bay somewhere.

P.S.: I hope any regular screw that fits will do for it. I have a bunch of screws in my garage; or do I play it safe and go to an AutoZone for the correct screw?"

Well, I done messed up. While driving to university for my first day of class today I heard a screeching sound once I hit the highway. It was horrible! I pulled over and saw my undercover that protects the engine oil pan and other things down there was unhinged and hanging off. I didn't screw the bolts from the front right the last time I put it back on I guess, so now it is hanging off... I am worried it might bend over backwards once I drive fast, so I have to go 25 mpg or else the screeching noises start again.
Is it okay if I just completely remove the cover? There is no use for it now, it's banged up and dented and bent.

Tl;dr: The undercover which protects the oil pan is falling off my car.
Sounds like you need to toss the old one and order a new one.
Sponsored