What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

zhou qizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th FC1
Country flag
It's easy for the police to inspect our cars here. For the purpose of the W indicator, if they are suspected of illegal modifications: pay a fine (approximately $80) → dismantle all modified parts and restore them to the original factory → go to the police station to take photos and register. In the end, if you still want to change, no one will take care of you until you are caught again next time, and the cycle repeats itself. Especially in small and medium-sized cities, this situation is even more serious. In Shanghai, if you are not reported, the police will basically not control you. By the way, changing the color of the vehicle logo here is illegal modification.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted something to do to the car, so I added a knockoff eBay HFP spoiler, and a CDM turbo decal. Had won an offer in eBay for a borla exhaust i would've installed today, but the guy flaked at the last second and cancelled. Said the fees/shipping wäre too much. I had paid $600 in total, so I don't think he was going to make much of a profit. Kinda don't blame him lol. I'll just wait for another good deal to come along.

20230325_150156.jpg

20230325_145452.jpg
I love the look of the mini-duckbill. Did you notice much change in the rear view mirror visibility after the install? That's been my only concern. As your pics illustrate, they look pretty sharp on white hatches!

RepublikaSrpska

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
It's easy for the police to inspect our cars here. For the purpose of the W indicator, if they are suspected of illegal modifications: pay a fine (approximately $80) → dismantle all modified parts and restore them to the original factory → go to the police station to take photos and register. In the end, if you still want to change, no one will take care of you until you are caught again next time, and the cycle repeats itself. Especially in small and medium-sized cities, this situation is even more serious. In Shanghai, if you are not reported, the police will basically not control you. By the way, changing the color of the vehicle logo here is illegal modification.
1.png
Man I feel mad for you! Not gonna lie here in the US it is illegal to have certain modifications but the cops wont mess with you unless they feel like you are suspicious for bigger crimes like having arrest warrants, illegal firearms or drugs or if they just feel like harassing you because of the color of your skin. Very unlikely but it is possible and same process they give you a-fix-it-fine until you go to police station and show that its legal. For example my Honda had purple front side markers and front plate was not on the front and the back plate was old so the reflective film was wearing off, my purple lights stood out to the cop and he decided to pull me over and gave me a warning about all the violations now I didnt have to fix any of it probably wouldnt be a problem if I didnt have to take the same route to work every morning where that same cop would be waiting and would most likely catch me again.
But we’d never get a situation like in the picture you have posted cops here are too lazy especially in bigger cities

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I love the look of the mini-duckbill. Did you notice much change in the rear view mirror visibility after the install? That's been my only concern. As your pics illustrate, they look pretty sharp on white hatches!
I honestly never even notice its there, so I don't think you'll have any visibility issues. They're pretty cheap on ebay now too. Around $60.

Edit: added pic

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20230327_075736

Last edited:

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Never ending saga - replaced the MAF sensor with a new OEM one. Hopefully that solves my recent code issue… the dealership (that recently did my transmission) was concerned that the actual wiring harness had an issue but the wires were never cut or spliced so I doubt it… with the 27won intake you have to extend the harness by removing the factory plastic elbow and putting a new one on.

If a MAF gets wet, could it ruin it? I’m trying to think of how the first one could have gone bad… my carbon fiber hood has vents and rain gets in there… hmmm

zhou qizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th FC1
Country flag
A new problem has been discovered. There is a leak in my transmission. Preliminary observations indicate that this should be caused by cracks here, and the leakage is very slight. Do you have any good suggestions?
① Glue
② Lead
③ Welding
④ Replace
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1

SlavO 20si

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 H civic 2018 truck 20 si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Received side windows visors and the side covers for the engine bay. Both cheap and easy to put on 👍 ordered another order from prl cause my dumb ass thought the Cai came like this 😆 oh well can't wait to turn some wrenches when it arrives..
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20230329_075905_Yahoo Mail

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly never even notice its there, so I don't think you'll have any visibility issues. They're pretty cheap on ebay now too. Around $60.

Edit: added pic

20230327_075736.jpg
Thanks for the pic. It seems to hide the rear wiper well in the mirror. Mine should be here Monday. I went with the supposedly 'real carbon' version from dtmmotors on eBay. Thanks again for the inspiration and information.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thanks for the pic. It seems to hide the rear wiper well in the mirror. Mine should be here Monday. I went with the supposedly 'real carbon' version from dtmmotors on eBay. Thanks again for the inspiration and information.
Nice, post up some pics once installed