What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Be careful with the adjustments, if you over do it, they’re broken for good! Also I agree with your statement, my stock housings with high quality HIDs are much brighter than the Morimotos. They do look cool though
Yup, very aware of that issue, I think it was the vertical adjustment that would come undone if you do too much. Hopefully I didnt. I just gotta find time to do the horizontal. Good lookin out though.
Sponsored

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Retrofitted rear parking senor on my Canadian Civic Which work with rear view monitor .

20221001_155313.jpg
This is really interesting, where did you source the parts?

I did search about it before, I probably was scared away by the cost of it
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1664927477596

For the Hatchback model (since it is taken from the facelifted catalog from Japan, which is when the Sedan was discontinued there)
4 sensors set (front 2 corners + rear 2 corners) 41800 yen~ $290 USD
6 sensors set (front 2 corners + rear 2 corners + rear 2 centers) 52800 yen~ $366 USD
+shipping😭

That's why I'm wondering if that's what you've paid😬

Last edited:

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just drove the 2020 sport sedan 6MT to the local pub right now to celebrate my friends birthday. Hit 8k miles as I got here.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 71F559A1-0465-4FFB-8F6F-2D4A23093739

Took my 667whp 2012 Camaro SS/RS 6MT 50k miles for a mountain drive earlier today.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 52377934-A50F-4D92-8851-347398A7FFEB

Last edited:

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yup, very aware of that issue, I think it was the vertical adjustment that would come undone if you do too much. Hopefully I didnt. I just gotta find time to do the horizontal. Good lookin out though.
Tried using a right angled Philips head and a 5/16 wrench to adjust the horizontal... no joy. There wasnt enough room to get the Philips head in there and not enough room to turn the wrench to make the adjuster move. I'll have to pull the bumper off again and remove the headlights to adjust the horizontal. Unless someone has a better way to adjust the horizontal of the Morimoto XB Headlights, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2020
Country flag
This is really interesting, where did you source the parts?

I did search about it before, I probably was scared away by the cost of it
1664927477596.png

For the Hatchback model (since it is taken from the facelifted catalog from Japan, which is when the Sedan was discontinued there)
4 sensors set (front 2 corners + rear 2 corners) 41800 yen~ $290 USD
6 sensors set (front 2 corners + rear 2 corners + rear 2 centers) 52800 yen~ $366 USD
+shipping😭

That's why I'm wondering if that's what you've paid😬
Nope I bought it from Aliexpress instead of buying OEM parts it's around 150$ plus shipping
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKvD9YU
here's the link. I bought 8 sensors with P switch but i just installed 4 in rear so I can use rest of the senors in the future if something happens. also I don't wanna have trouble with cruise control radar in the front since it's from China.

If you're looking for OEM parts just buy Honda insight parking sensor kit from college hills. My civic is red so there is no matching color of the senor but if your civic is black or silver or white you can get one.

Last edited:

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope I bought it from Aliexpress instead of buying OEM parts it's around 150$ plus shipping
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKvD9YU
here's the link. I bought 8 sensors with P switch but i just installed 4 in rear so I can use rest of the senors in the future if something happens. also I don't wanna have trouble with cruise control radar in the front since it's from China.

If you're looking for OEM parts just buy Honda insight parking sensor kit from college hills. My civic is red so there is no matching color of the senor but if your civic is black or silver or white you can get one.
Thanks for the info, I do see NH788 for Insight, but it's as expensive as the Japanese MSRP :banghead:
How is this aliexpress quality? would you say it is close to OEM? I'm also curious on what needs to be connected to make it work with Hondalink in reverse cam. Does it also show anything on the cluster?

Another thing challenging is, since I have a hatchback, the corner sensors would be installed on the bumper garnish, which would be in black, looks like the front one even have a small bracket to make it stick out a bit, I wonder if the aliexpress solution can address these color and bracket problem.

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2020
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I do see NH788 for Insight, but it's as expensive as the Japanese MSRP :banghead:
How is this aliexpress quality? would you say it is close to OEM? I'm also curious on what needs to be connected to make it work with Hondalink in reverse cam. Does it also show anything on the cluster?

Another thing challenging is, since I have a hatchback, the corner sensors would be installed on the bumper garnish, which would be in black, looks like the front one even have a small bracket to make it stick out a bit, I wonder if the aliexpress solution can address these color and bracket problem.
Quality of the product is not as perfect as the OEM but it doesn't look so bad also all cable come with cable protector.
There is CANBUS line included which u can just plus into 6 pin accessory connector so ali express parking unit communicate with honda link head unit.
I'm sure u need to talk to seller before you order so he can send you 4 black sensors and 4 white senors and about the bracket I'm sure u can find one in aliexpress too or just drill on the garnish if you don't mind. It's bit hard to communicate with this seller because he was using google translate. Good luck!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220405_150452

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220405_150416

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220405_150318

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220405_142119

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quality of the product is not as perfect as the OEM but it doesn't look so bad also all cable come with cable protector.
There is CANBUS line included which u can just plus into 6 pin accessory connector so ali express parking unit communicate with honda link head unit.
I'm sure u need to talk to seller before you order so he can send you 4 black sensors and 4 white senors and about the bracket I'm sure u can find one in aliexpress too or just drill on the garnish if you don't mind. It's bit hard to communicate with this seller because he was using google translate. Good luck!

20220405_150452.jpg

20220405_150416.jpg

20220405_150318.jpg

20220405_142119.jpg
Thank you so much! This is really good for considering, thanks for the pictures👍🏻

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tholemu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Today I encouraged my engine to engage VTEC a number of times, each of which was quite satisfying.

2016 LX Coupe - K20C2 mated to 6-speed manual. Intake, MSD coils, KTuner flashed. Investigating and pursuing cams + valve train.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed ABS dynamics type r front lip + lower mesh for 10th gen civic. Front bumper removal is required for this and I did drill several new locations into my front bumper to properly seat this front lip. Overall fitment is very good and secure in place.

Before

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) DSC04815

During

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Photo Oct 05 2022, 8 22 57 PM

After

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Photo Oct 05 2022, 8 20 39 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Photo Oct 05 2022, 8 21 31 PM

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You could post some pics in the forum. Not everyone cares to belong to crap social media companies and it won't let you see photos unless you log on.
Sponsored