What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

ManuGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T & '02 Mazda Miata LS
Country flag
Installed my kuat sherpa 2.0 which is so much better than my previous rack. Loading and unloading my bike is a breeze!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) WhatsApp Image 2022-07-21 at 8.40.39 PM

From the other night, I went for a little longer than expected. I thought it was a cool picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) photo1659547597

Cheers

Last edited:

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Technically modified and installed these yesterday night but waited till next morning to get a brighter shot during the day. Hope you guys like it.

20220808_211041.jpg

20220809_075048.jpg

20220809_075055.jpg

20220809_075100.jpg
Did you get these off of spoons website? And what is the purpose to get rid of extra water?

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I spent the afternoon cutting laminate wood vinyl planks into a rough shape of my trunk, the goal was to make a new wooden trunk floor. This was my first time cutting wood and I made a few small errors but none of them were that bad for a beginner. There will be an update to this in the future but for today I’m happy with how it turned out

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 906606E0-8C6C-43CF-8481-8C0C2AAC3CDB

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
got my windows tinted finally. 30% all around on my black hatch looks nice. I might finally take my seat covers back out so i'm black on black.

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Got the windshield replaced today. I have State Farm and a zero comp deductible and they recommended OEM only. Glad it’s covered at no cost otherwise it would have been almost $1,500.

Now on to deal with one of the fog light lenses that just got hit with a rock and shattered. Of course with the Touring coupe the bumper has to come off. Not sure if this can be covered by insurance or not. I’m not too confident about taking the bumper off.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Got the windshield replaced today. I have State Farm and a zero comp deductible and they recommended OEM only. Glad it’s covered at no cost otherwise it would have been almost $1,500.

Now on to deal with one of the fog light lenses that just got hit with a rock and shattered. Of course with the Touring coupe the bumper has to come off. Not sure if this can be covered by insurance or not. I’m not too confident about taking the bumper off.
Damn! I need to review my insurance...

As for fog lights, use this as an excuse to upgrade. For outright performance, Diode Dynamics SS3 Max.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2016-2021-honda-civic.html

For looks and a similar performance to SS3 Sports, the Diode Dynamics Elite Series.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/elite-series-fog-lamps-for-2016-2021-honda-civic-pair.html

Another option are thr Morimoto 4Bangers

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/TRS-Morimoto-4Banger-LED-Fog-Lights-Honda-Round?quantity=1

Passenger side fog light shattered on my car, too (seems to happen a bit too much for a lot of people on this forum). For what its worth, I had a performance shop/DD installer swap my fog lights out. It cost only $150 for labor (that included taking off the bumper). But of you want the ease to adjust the aim like stock, go with the Elite Series. The SS3s are a pain with the stock, non-Si bumper.

Last edited:

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Damn! I need to review my insurance...

As for fog lights, use this as an excuse to upgrade. For outright performance, Diode Dynamics SS3 Max.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2016-2021-honda-civic.html

For looks and a similar performance to SS3 Sports, the Diode Dynamics Elite Series.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/elite-series-fog-lamps-for-2016-2021-honda-civic-pair.html

Another option are thr Morimoto 4Bangers

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/TRS-Morimoto-4Banger-LED-Fog-Lights-Honda-Round?quantity=1

Passenger side fog light shattered on my car, too (seems to happen a bit too much for a lot of people on this forum). For what its worth, I had a performance shop/DD installer swap my fog lights out. It cost only $150 for labor (that included taking off the bumper). But of you want the ease to adjust the aim like stock, go with the Elite Series. The SS3s are a pain with the stock, non-Si bumper.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was definitely thinking about switching and since Diode Dynamics is in my hometown of St. Louis I had been looking at their stuff. It also occured to me to check and see if the fogs need to be reaimed after a change. My Touring came with halogen fogs but I had swapped out the bulbs for the $14 option many on here had recommended and they are working great and without the need to reaim them.

This is definitely a lesson for everyone to be aware of. Check your insurance windshield replacement coverage. Nowadays with all the sensing stuff and the need for oem glass and reaiming everything, it's expensive to replace a windshield. It's not a $200 replacement like it is on our 2010 Hyundai Tucson.