What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
Nothing too special, just oil change and manual trans fluid change. Used Castrol Edge 0w20 with a K&N oil filter. Used Pennzoil Synchromesh MTF for the trans, and the shifts feel smoother than before. Granted, I had a little shy of 58,000 miles on the factory trans fluid.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220721_162333775_HDR
Sponsored

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Got some pics of my underglow lights installed they connect to the blue push button by gear shift also scraped off the red on the park P and neutral N and colored in blue. I took off my side skirts for the first time to give them a good clean and for easier install and MY GOD so much dirt and leaves were stuck in between the front of the side skirt and fender i stuck a clip removal tool up there and just kept digging and digging it out seems like it wouldn't stop. Overall im happy with how it all turned out i wish i put the back light strip a little further in so you didnt see the actual lights and was just the reflection but whatever. I still have to add pigtails on either side of the front light strip and one on the back light strip so i can unclip them to fully remove the bumpers hassle free.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 019EDC2C-2543-417A-964E-3A1303001461
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 434860F6-F6E2-4FE1-B46C-31F58B404544
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F5369480-CC5B-4720-BFB5-6151A2C9D984
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 6A52CE8D-7691-4BDF-B796-96D6261AA650
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 0EB4D4E9-EC82-4B13-B22B-89078C3CA906
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) D839D35C-BD5A-4560-862A-AA298DB97D91
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) D9471D19-7A1D-4D92-AC82-FE040084BE0A

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Left work last night in a torrential rain storm with flash flooding on the freeway. Hit a deep pocket of water. It soaked the air filter and plowed under this panel bending backwards under the car. Bending it back on the side of i26 in a deluge was a treat 😬

Ended up limp mode to a gas station where I was able to open the intake and let the MAF dry before going home while avoiding boost. Going to clean and dry the filter today since it's sunny

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220723_155148783

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
Type R RMM just arrived today, bought it used for a good deal, will be installing later.

Went with the Type R Rear motor mount because most of the after market stuff is a little more stuffer than I'd like, it's more expensive, honestly if I wanted to go stiffer I can just get inserts for it. Looking forward to installing it later today when it cools off (Texas Heat.)

I also ordered a Mishimoto intercooler last night off Amazon. Looking forward to installing that later as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220723_183400.JPG

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Type R RMM just arrived today, bought it used for a good deal, will be installing later.

Went with the Type R Rear motor mount because most of the after market stuff is a little more stuffer than I'd like, it's more expensive, honestly if I wanted to go stiffer I can just get inserts for it. Looking forward to installing it later today when it cools off (Texas Heat.)

I also ordered a Mishimoto intercooler last night off Amazon. Looking forward to installing that later as well.

20220723_183400.JPG
Just finished installing it. Honestly a small difference in NVH, almost undetectable. What low amount of tire hop my tuned CVT had is now absolutely gone and there is a very noticeable increase in throttle response in higher RPMs. Down the road I might try out the whiteline inserts. Pretty happy.

On the other hand... Wow that plastic piece of BS that covers the RMM bolt further back and a portion of the car is annoying. I didn't want to remove it to just take one Bolt out so I ended up just cutting down the middle of it with a knife slightly because I do not care about it. LOL

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220723_232316.JPG

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Just finished installing it. Honestly a small difference in NVH, almost undetectable. What low amount of tire hop my tuned CVT had is now absolutely gone and there is a very noticeable increase in throttle response in higher RPMs. Down the road I might try out the whiteline inserts. Pretty happy.

On the other hand... Wow that plastic piece of BS that covers the RMM bolt further back and a portion of the car is annoying. I didn't want to remove it to just take one Bolt out so I ended up just cutting down the middle of it with a knife slightly because I do not care about it. LOL

20220723_232316.JPG
I cut that plastic piece as well -- no issues 1 1/2 years later.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

20220723_183400.JPG
Was thinking of doing this, since I'm going to be under the car installing a Type R subframe brace anyway. Wonder if it'd be a noticeable improvement on an Si.

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was thinking of doing this, since I'm going to be under the car installing a Type R subframe brace anyway. Wonder if it'd be a noticeable improvement on an Si.
Totally recommend type R mount, has made a huge difference, and if you're going to do the type r subframe, make sure you also do front tower strut, rear sway bar, end links, and etc so that you feel a huge improvement all at once if you haven't already.

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Guess I have to take the good with the bad...

Recently, coming home from a long trip, we got nailed HARD in the windshield. This seems to have become a normal event and I already had a tiny chip near my line of vision from one of the previous hits. Didn't see anything bad at first and couldn't believe it...until I saw the hood. Before it hit the windshield it gouged a 3 inch long scratch in the hood, down to bare metal.

Then, yesterday, driving down our busy main drag going about 25 miles an hour, and BANG! This time there would be no avoiding it. A baseball sized, round smash with a large spider web inside of it where contact was made on the passenger side. This time it got to my beloved and she was crying because it upset her that it was happening again.

I can't believe how many times I've been hit HARD with this Civic and my previous '07 Civic. I guess it's the nature of the beast being so low to the ground. This will be our 4th windshield in 3 years among 3 cars. I have a zero deductible but this is so annoying and frustrating to deal with. I put the wheels in motion and will have an OEM windshield in a few days to weeks. That being said, I am already worried about the next strike. Rant off...

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Got my Suma smoked sequential side markers installed and love them. Also, got the TypeRLEDs for the map, dome, trunk, reverse and turn signal lights and got them installed. They are out of stock on the brake lights so I have to wait or I might buy some others I've had an eye on. Definitely worth it to me.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Totally recommend type R mount, has made a huge difference, and if you're going to do the type r subframe, make sure you also do front tower strut, rear sway bar, end links, and etc so that you feel a huge improvement all at once if you haven't already.
Awesome, I'll look into those. Been looking for some new mods, while trying to keep things OEM+.

panas

First Name
Panos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sedan, non-Si
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

panas

First Name
Panos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sedan, non-Si
Country flag
Thank you!Yes, the bolts&washers are made of metal and the lower part of the clip is plastic. Check the link to my DIY thread above. It's all in there.
Sponsored