What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
For some JDM points! Installed the Honda Access dome light!

Before
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220709_102527

After
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220709_105322

Now the LEDs I installed in the map lights no longer match it :( . Does anyone know the color temperature? And what do I do with the included foam and reflective tape?

Speaking of lights, I reccomend looking into the linked headlight comparison between the Civic's OEM LEDs and halogen assemblies linked on my signature. Long story short, "upgrades" may not truly be an upgrqde.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried to install my PRL Cobra CAI with no luck yesterday. the L joint wouldn't clear my CVT so I couldn't get it into position, not to mention the fact it wouldn't clear the gap between the fender and the tire-well. None of the videos I watched showed having the same issue as me, so I wonder if I somehow have the wrong kit?

I cleared out all of the stock intake including the airbox resonator (the box you need to remove from the bottom of the car) but still didn't have the room to install it. Anyone else have this issue and could offer me help?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried to install my PRL Cobra CAI with no luck yesterday. the L joint wouldn't clear my CVT so I couldn't get it into position, not to mention the fact it wouldn't clear the gap between the fender and the tire-well. None of the videos I watched showed having the same issue as me, so I wonder if I somehow have the wrong kit?

I cleared out all of the stock intake including the airbox resonator (the box you need to remove from the bottom of the car) but still didn't have the room to install it. Anyone else have this issue and could offer me help?
I used this vid

This is a good one too but for an Si. But it's basically the same. And you don't need the extra bracket for the cvt. The top cai bracket bolts on under the oem bracket.

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
Got an oil change and finally got my conti dws 06 plus on. Sidewall to me look so odd and I can’t figure out why lol. Only put like 7 miles on it so far but I honestly feel how good they feel on the road.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2D7743A8-E8E6-4E57-8C85-CC2C430BB3D9
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) D84023F7-CFCE-45B2-90CD-EBC8C9E4AD98

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
Installed new side markers and added a pigtail onto the turn signal wire for easy disconnect and reconnect. There is a startup sequence for these side markers which is really cool i tried to upload the video but was only able to upload the turn signal one. Also the photo doesn't do justice of how good the blue actually looks.
970A5019-5D2C-4B66-A372-DB58908543A8.jpeg

It looks good actually. I would personally do away with the blue and have it white but still look good

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used this vid

This is a good one too but for an Si. But it's basically the same. And you don't need the extra bracket for the cvt. The top cai bracket bolts on under the oem bracket.
Thanks for the videos. I used the first one for my installation, but parts of it didn't align with my failed install. CVT was in the way of pulling the lower resonator box out the bottom of the car, and I couldn't get it out the top so I simply cut it in half and pulled the two pieces out that way. And where the first video had the L joint of the intake going, it wouldn't fit in my engine bay due to the CVT blocking it. Only way to get it in there was to drop it down from below, and no matter how I turned the joint it would not sit properly.

I'll try to take some pictures this next week when I try again. Will watch that other video and see if it helps me any.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For some JDM points! Installed the Honda Access dome light!

Before
20220709_102527.jpg

After
20220709_105322.jpg

Now the LEDs I installed in the map lights no longer match it :( . Does anyone know the color temperature? And what do I do with the included foam and reflective tape?

Speaking of lights, I reccomend looking into the linked headlight comparison between the Civic's OEM LEDs and halogen assemblies linked on my signature. Long story short, "upgrades" may not truly be an upgrqde.
It's hard to say the exact color temperature, but I think the Honda Access bulb would match it (so expensive lol)
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1657421454875

08E13-E4A-A00 for trunk light and room light (the one you replaced)
08E13-E4A-B00 x2 for front map light
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/installed-honda-access-leds.19351/

I've never installed this kit before, is there any instructions included? This kit is universal for many Hondas, so perhaps it's not necessary for this application.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'll have to get photos later but installed my OPT7 tail lights on my hatch. already in love with them!

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
It's hard to say the exact color temperature, but I think the Honda Access bulb would match it (so expensive lol)
1657421454875.png

08E13-E4A-A00 for trunk light and room light (the one you replaced)
08E13-E4A-B00 x2 for front map light
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/installed-honda-access-leds.19351/

I've never installed this kit before, is there any instructions included? This kit is universal for many Hondas, so perhaps it's not necessary for this application.
I forgot about the Honda Access bulbs. Thank you for reminding me! And yes they're very expensive.

I asked JHP before I bought this somewhere else and they said the dome light is 5000K, but it's more like 6000K or higher, it seems. Weirdly the Diode Dynamics HP5s I installed for the map lights are supposed to be 6000K, but they're more white than the Honda Access dome light. Though that could just be me.

As for the kit itself, there is no instructions, unfortunately. But someone has made a video, and installation was mostly straightforward.

The hardest part was removing the the green wire and replacing it with the included black wire needed for ground.

Last edited:

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot about the Honda Access bulbs. Thank you for reminding me! And yes they're very expensive.

I asked JHP before I bought this somewhere else and they said the dome light is 5000K, but it's more like 6000K or higher, it seems. Weirdly the Diode Dynamics HP5s I installed are supposed to be 6000K, but they're more white than the Honda Access dome light. Though that could just be me.

As for the kit itself, there is no instructions, unfortunately. But someone has made a video, and installation was mostly straightforward.

The hardest part was removing the the green wire and replacing it with the included black wire needed for ground.
It does look really good, arrrrrr.... I should have consider this part when I retrofit the room light on my older car*

so we have some numbers here, 5000k and 6000k, I guess getting some 5000k to try on would still be cheaper than the Honda Access bulbs right? lol

Just my guess, the foam and the aluminum plate, I guess they should be stick on the roof
roof metal -> foam (for cushion)-> aluminum plate (heat/light reflection, if any) -> the light assembly

*On my old 2000 Galant, the rear dome light only comes on the 02+ model with moonroof, and mine is neither of these, so in part of my big renovation, I cut the hole on the headliner, and attached the rear dome light on to the roof beam, have to say I did a good job :p just wish I have used this Honda kit instead lol

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Installed Infinity Reference REF-6530cx component speakers in the front doors. I'm planning to post photos and install guidance in the Audio/Nav/Electronics forum later, but overall it's a fair amount of work but definitely seems worth it.

I had originally tried Hertz K-170 component speakers, but I wasn't satisfied at all with the sound from the tweeters (woofer was great though!) and fortunately Crutchfield authorized an exchange. I haven't upgraded the amp and don't really plan to, I just wanted improved clarity especially on vocals and the Infinitys gave me exactly that.

I also used some foam speaker rings and baffles: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B094PCYBNX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Quick note: If you plan on using the Infinity supplied speaker adapter you'll need to cut away a couple of small sections from the door metal, I'm not sure if you would need to do so with the Metra adapter from Crutchfield because I didn't use that for the Infinitys but I did for the Hertz and no cutting was needed and the Metra adapter is much thicker.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220707_150900876

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220707_151415823

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220707_151437962

Just a slight difference between the factory woofer and the Infinity.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed Infinity Reference REF-6530cx component speakers in the front doors. I'm planning to post photos and install guidance in the Audio/Nav/Electronics forum later, but overall it's a fair amount of work but definitely seems worth it.

I had originally tried Hertz K-170 component speakers, but I wasn't satisfied at all with the sound from the tweeters (woofer was great though!) and fortunately Crutchfield authorized an exchange. I haven't upgraded the amp and don't really plan to, I just wanted improved clarity especially on vocals and the Infinitys gave me exactly that.

I also used some foam speaker rings and baffles: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B094PCYBNX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Quick note: If you plan on using the Infinity supplied speaker adapter you'll need to cut away a couple of small sections from the door metal, I'm not sure if you would need to do so with the Metra adapter from Crutchfield because I didn't use that for the Infinitys but I did for the Hertz and no cutting was needed and the Metra adapter is much thicker.

PXL_20220707_150900876.jpg

PXL_20220707_151415823.jpg

PXL_20220707_151437962.jpg

Awesome!!! To address your side-note for those who may be wondering, Yes you must either cut the metal tabs in the door off, OR adjust the Metra bracket to where you must drill into it and not the prepped holes on the bracket. I had the same issue with my Focal Auditor speakers.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport

PXL_20220707_150900876.jpg

PXL_20220707_151415823.jpg

PXL_20220707_151437962.jpg

Quick question, is it reccomended to install both baffles and Dynamat? I've been putting off installing my front speakers due to the vapor barrier and general lack of experience.