What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I like it, but it is almost too understated for a Mugen kit, IMO.

I came close to buying the front and rear for my SI, but I couldn't convince myself to spend almost 2k for a front and side skirts that could pass for stock at first glance. I'm not sure about the sedan spoiler either, but I haven't seen that in person to judge.

Shit, I don't think I spent more that 3K* or so to convert my Fiji blue fa5 to a Mugen SI. Now that was a night and day difference.

*with inflation I spend more than 3k.

Hell, the CTR Mugen kit is somewhat understated in person.
My biggest gripe with the CTR kit is that at shows EVERYONE has it. That and it just just pieces stuck on other pieces that are already a lip kit to begin with
Sponsored

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, the 5 door Mugen kit is just okay for the car. The the factory sport lipkit and the hfp lip kit are both nice in their own rights.

add in the fact you cannot get the Mugen kit pre painted like you can in other markets, makes it a harder sale. (Cost of kit + shipping + paint makes it rather expensive for what you are getting).

signed someone who has purchased a bunch of legit Mugen parts over the years.
I myself love the front lip only, since my approach is to stay subtle (factory or HFP are too subtle), and making the lip black matches the factory skirt just fine imo. For the rear bumper piece though I would much prefer the factory mudguard insteadšŸ˜…

I'm really disappointed that they don't ship painted ones here officially, for a long time I've been waiting for RHDJapan to have their cheaper shipping methods available again, but then Heeltoe was made known to me, which becomes the possibly cheapest option to me, given that I have to wait and paint it myself... On the other hand that kinda gives me a chance to do it further, since I want the white and black contrast, if I get it from Japan painted, it'll be in CBP, but now I have the opportunity to paint it Berlina Black, which matches the rest of the glossy blacks. I'm going to try to paint it myself, got the paint from Automotivetouchup, it'll be an adventure.

Anyway, I understand my approach to subtleness is expensive and may not be worth it, but along with the replica Sportline spoiler, they'll finish the look in my vision.šŸ¤©

SugarRuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
ā€œDonatedā€ my airbag last night, I guess.

(edit) Talked to the police just now on the phone and they said another car on a nearby street got their stolen, too. An officer will come by and take a look.

CC16DF57-C0F3-420A-B2A9-73CCAC683AB5.jpeg
Also 'donated' my airbag on May 1 or April 30th. It is still parking on dealer's garage waiting for the parts, after 2 months waiting. I think it just takes too long... Located in NoVA.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1656806104699

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw this beauty in the lot at work while leaving today.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220702_124916

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I didnā€™t do anything to my civic today (besides drive it) but more like what my Civic did to me today. I go out to the garage this morning and all the windows and sun roof are wide open. Iā€™m confused as hell as my wife said she didnā€™t roll them down. I was driving so I couldnā€™t google it but my wife told me about the key fob being able to do it which must have happened in my pocket. For about 10 minutes I was utterly confused.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I didnā€™t do anything to my civic today (besides drive it) but more like what my Civic did to me today. I go out to the garage this morning and all the windows and sun roof are wide open. Iā€™m confused as hell as my wife said she didnā€™t roll them down. I was driving so I couldnā€™t google it but my wife told me about the key fob being able to do it which must have happened in my pocket. For about 10 minutes I was utterly confused.
No one knows about this! Double tap and hold the unlockā€¦ on my old 07 accord I installed a module that let you roll UP the windows tooā€¦ good times

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Lol i was working on my car about 2 weeks ago and leaned on my key in my pocket against the tire and all the windows rolled down i was like wtf!! Then remembered that you can do this but i didnt even know the key combination to do it so i never do it.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed new side markers and added a pigtail onto the turn signal wire for easy disconnect and reconnect. There is a startup sequence for these side markers which is really cool i tried to upload the video but was only able to upload the turn signal one. Also the photo doesn't do justice of how good the blue actually looks.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 970A5019-5D2C-4B66-A372-DB58908543A8

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I use that feature all the time. Roll down the windows to let the heat out and remote start to get the AC blowing some cold air at least.

Time4boost

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
Installed new side markers and added a pigtail onto the turn signal wire for easy disconnect and reconnect. There is a startup sequence for these side markers which is really cool i tried to upload the video but was only able to upload the turn signal one. Also the photo doesn't do justice of how good the blue actually looks.
970A5019-5D2C-4B66-A372-DB58908543A8.jpeg

Where you buy these? I havenā€™t seen them before.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where you buy these? I havenā€™t seen them before.
Got them on amazon the brand is DUNTUO
They also make a type r and si version that has lettering in red underneath the fishscale instead of the white.
Sponsored