What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

RANDYLAUJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX HATCHBACK
Country flag
installed new wheels, 57DR and Blue Tinted Side MIrrors. Definitely a huge change on the mirrors!
Also finally wrapped the roof, window trim and Mirror caps.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220506_003736545_3

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220508_131844

IamMitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Swapped back to my summer wheel set up and threw on the Eibach pro kit i got during the winter. Wheel specs are 18x8.5 +33 and i somehow don't rub after lowering an inch. Also added a Borla S type and fp/dp while i was at it. Thinking of getting the 1 phearable 1.5R or the phearable god mode tune. Any recommendations?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_2979.JPG

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used a new ( to me ) Meguiars wash & wax with ceramic coating I’m actually impressed it’s a wash and wax that works
Just figured this was a good post to respond to to mention that if anyone has been having trouble keeping water spots from forming during the warmer wash months, a friend of mine just turned me on to using an RV water filter on my hose end. I bought one at Wal-mart for $15 and it works AMAZINGLY to give you a spot free wash/rinse at home! I can't believe it took me this long to figure that one out! The one I bought even works with my pressure washer. There are dozens of these, I just figured I'd go cheap and work my way up depending on the results, but this did the job.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waterdro...ad-Fluoride-Chlorine-Bad-Taste-Odor/368058691

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Finally have the Diode Dynamics SS3s and Wolo horn installed!
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220509_111829

Here's a sound clip of the horn

They are no Hella Superstores, but for a plug-n-play upgrade, they are much better than stock!

Here's a poor close-up photo. Will update with photos at night.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220509_112405

And yes, I need to do something about the headlights. Still need to figure out the retrofit vs LED assembly. While talking to one of shop employees, they did mention the atrocious wheel gap. Decisions decisions...

Last edited:

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After the last wash couple weeks ago, I've been driving my other car to commute around, because I like my FK7 clean (too much). Just finished refreshing the air filters and blower motor (annual maintainance), along with the recent oil change and CVT fluid change, I guess it's about time to take it out again :D I shall wash the van first, then have it rest in the garage clean.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220507_203749

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Finally have the Diode Dynamics SS3s and Wolo horn installed!
20220509_111829.jpg

Here's a sound clip of the horn

They are no Hella Superstores, but for a plug-n-play upgrade, they are much better than stock!

Here's a poor close-up photo. Will update with photos at night.
20220509_112405.jpg

And yes, I need to do something about the headlights. Still need to figure out the retrofit vs LED assembly. While talking to one of shop employees, they did mention the atrocious wheel gap. Decisions decisions...
Here's a night shot...definitely needs an adjustment. This will not be fun.

Low beams only
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220509_211133

With fog lights on
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220509_211143

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Gas pedal finally arrived. Have a project for later this week. At least the gas pedal will need custom mounting (quick test fit suggest just drilling new holes for It)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1652156360346

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Just figured this was a good post to respond to to mention that if anyone has been having trouble keeping water spots from forming during the warmer wash months, a friend of mine just turned me on to using an RV water filter on my hose end. I bought one at Wal-mart for $15 and it works AMAZINGLY to give you a spot free wash/rinse at home! I can't believe it took me this long to figure that one out! The one I bought even works with my pressure washer. There are dozens of these, I just figured I'd go cheap and work my way up depending on the results, but this did the job.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waterdro...ad-Fluoride-Chlorine-Bad-Taste-Odor/368058691
I tried the same thing, but I guess our water is just to hard. Its does absolutely nothing for me. Theres a youtuber I follow (projectfarm) that did tests on some water filters not long ago and the RV filter didnt really take anything out of the water either.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried the same thing, but I guess our water is just to hard. Its does absolutely nothing for me. Theres a youtuber I follow (projectfarm) that did tests on some water filters not long ago and the RV filter didnt really take anything out of the water either.
I don't know if these will work everywhere, but it may be worth $15 for others to check out. I know middle GA water has red clay in it as the leading heavy deposit. This seemed to remove all of that for certain and even in full sunlight the water didn't spot up for me, where before the spots were irremovable. I leave the filter on for the entire wash, not just the final rinse. Not sure if there's a difference with doing that.

There are other filter options out there, all the way up to dual scrubber cart type units that cost a couple hundred dollars and are made specifically for detailing. If this hadn't worked, I would have chased those options all the way up to get to a good spot free wash. Thankfully I got to stop at the cheapest one.

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed the DP/FP from RV6 to my Prodrager exhaust about two weeks ago, loving the sound of my car. DP is catted
Also installed the sequential side markers from Unity

C367975D-047C-461F-BC9B-E67AC4E1784C.JPG

1374C45B-1E82-4D9B-BDE6-8EF2DC240576.JPG
looks great!