What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Quick question,

when you installed that grille did the regular hatchback emblems fit perfectly or did you have to get a different size emblem?
I bought ebay emblems, standard 16-21 size and it fits fine
Sponsored

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used my Dremel to cut the initial hole. I don't use it too often so it was a little rough so I had to sand it down to be more presentable of a hole. (This dremel)

This is the mesh I bought. I got the 4x8mm Rhombic pattern. It comes in all sorts of patterns, colors and hole sizes. Then I used some JB weld in a bead along the edges to hold the mesh in place. I used some grey JB weld that I had on hand, but I would recommend getting some black to better match the plastic and mesh in case it gets pushed over the edge like mine did a little.

I also purchased an extra new radar cover from my local dealership. Part #7119-TGG-A50 This way if there were any issues you can just swap the new cover in for the old one. I might try doing mine over but take my time with this one to make it look a little neater. Feel free to message me if you have questions!
I stole your whole move, including buying the mesh and the extra cover just in case.

I did go for the white, figuring I can paint black easier than the other way around if Iā€™m not digging it. My mesh is pressure fitted in there with some tape around the only edge that isnā€™t secure.

Very cool, very custom, I bet it will get some cooler air into the intake and so long as it doesnā€™t screw up the ACC system it should be good to go

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 067933D4-1EBE-48C2-9EBE-D0C172F55C6C

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
needed to make shipping worth it for crush washers, so added a First Aid kit to the order and stuck it in my cargo area this morning

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2191F216-4BC5-4B94-B8A6-B8BE751EACEE

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I stole your whole move, including buying the mesh and the extra cover just in case.

I did go for the white, figuring I can paint black easier than the other way around if Iā€™m not digging it. My mesh is pressure fitted in there with some tape around the only edge that isnā€™t secure.

Very cool, very custom, I bet it will get some cooler air into the intake and so long as it doesnā€™t screw up the ACC system it should be good to go

067933D4-1EBE-48C2-9EBE-D0C172F55C6C.jpeg
Looks good man! So far I have had no issues with mine as far as the ACC goes. When it rains and I drive it we'll really be able to tell.

My IAT's have been a little cooler. They usually sat 8-10 degrees above ambient temps, but now they're around 3-4 degrees above so I think it works for sure!

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also replaced my front floor mats since my heel busted through the OEM all weathers. Got some Lloyds Mats.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 71310FC8-575E-4EA6-859E-2850359B8F0B

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 45CE9E77-E0B0-480D-B44B-5F09A8C0A2FD

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When May the 4th coincides with Wheels Wednesday, I took advantage of it.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1651699822068

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Tried on a smaller intake filter, messed up the trims, put the proper filter back. So basically wasted my time.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks good man! So far I have had no issues with mine as far as the ACC goes. When it rains and I drive it we'll really be able to tell.

My IAT's have been a little cooler. They usually sat 8-10 degrees above ambient temps, but now they're around 3-4 degrees above so I think it works for sure!
Sad day. Finally got her out on the highway and the ACC flipped out pretty quickly.

Perhaps its because I used the white mesh but I don't see why that would matter.

Was cool while it lasted but I don't wanna deal with warning lights constantly. Switchin back to stock cover when it arrives.

Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
Sad day. Finally got her out on the highway and the ACC flipped out pretty quickly.

Perhaps its because I used the white mesh but I don't see why that would matter.

Was cool while it lasted but I don't wanna deal with warning lights constantly. Switchin back to stock cover when it arrives.
Thatā€™s too bad. Looked really cool!

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thatā€™s too bad. Looked really cool!
Thanks. It was admitedly a bit crooked, which would ultimately make me redo it anyway. My solution is to paint the mesh black, switch the whole assembly to my SGP 2017 after I get the hockey stick trim painted and put the carbon ones on the white car (SGP has no ACC)

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag

Oh no!

Maybe the white paint they use caused some sort of interference? The cover does say "Do not paint" on it. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out :confused:

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Havenā€™t done any mods in a while, but some asshole decided they needed a couple of my wheels more than I did. So, new shoes it is.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) A3C75971-63A1-450F-8694-DB3C796E2F3E

Side note: if anyone is interested in two OEM ā€˜20 civic sport hatchback wheels and is located in the SF/DC area let me know.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Havenā€™t done any mods in a while, but some asshole decided they needed a couple of my wheels more than I did. So, new shoes it is.
A3C75971-63A1-450F-8694-DB3C796E2F3E.jpeg

Side note: if anyone is interested in two OEM ā€˜20 civic sport hatchback wheels and is located in the SF/DC area let me know.
SF and DC are near each other? Who knew? Sorry about your wheels.

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Thursday: Installed TSP ARP head studs. Used the one at a time method using @MetalKnightCivicHB 's go-by. So far so good.

Friday: ETL CVT cooler using a Hayden 697 cooler. Cooler has thermal bypass built in. So far Temps have been about 25 degrees cooler.

Saturday: Seibon OE style carbon Hood. Fitment is pretty good, not 100% OEM like, but pretty good and better than expected.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220505_124220

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220506_161031

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220507_161137