What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
The bumper is off. Adding the horn shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.

honestly, do it yourself. Taking the bumper off isn’t fun. But you can’t screw it up that much. Even if a tab is bent or something, the bumper should still fit fine once you screw everything in.
That's what I thought! If the SS3s weren't such a pain to align, I would have. And I'm still hung up between OEM LEDs or HID projectors on my headlights. Which means the bumper has to come off again...
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have the Morimoto fogs. No alignment is needed. Only the headlight needs alignment.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
I have the Morimoto fogs. No alignment is needed. Only the headlight needs alignment.
The SS3s method of aiming involves pivoting the the pod on the provided bracket. Here's a photo from Tacoma World.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1650583624725

Easy to do on an Si. Very difficult on an LX/Sport/EX/Touring with the bezel being screwed.

You got lucky. Mine were aimed straight at the ground had to adjust them majorly… was easy though
If I bought for the new Elite Series, I would have removed the bumper myself. Though they're only as bright as the SS3 Sports. And the retrofiter I went to for the Escape (who is an authorized DD seller/installer) says he can't do adjustments...

Last edited:

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
just that fit your hatch i guess the si has something diffrent about the rear. The rear hub (center hole on rotor) is bigger so it will not go on.
Ive heard some type r and si parts do not fit the other civics some are wider and obvi the turbo is bigger in the type r

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Today was the big day! Got my Seibon TS hood installed after a custom wrap (of my own design) and ceramic coat. So happy with how it came out! I'll need to figure out a better lighting view to highlight where I left the carbon fiber visible around and behind the vents to the rear of the hood.

I'll get better pics and update the showcase after I can wash it in a week.

20220418_151141.jpg

20220418_151148.jpg

20220418_151201.jpg

20220418_155156.jpg

20220418_155210.jpg

How's the fit on your hood?? I've thought about doing something along these lines but never knew what to expect with an aftermarket hood and the fit.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's the fit on your hood?? I've thought about doing something along these lines but never knew what to expect with an aftermarket hood and the fit.
I actually just now finished properly lining it up. When it first went on, the driver side gap was huge. The guys that wrapped it also installed it, but they wouldn't go so far as to adjust the hinges. I loosened the 3 hinge bolts on both sides and pushed everything towards the driver side and now it lines up great. I do need to adjust my hood latch up a hair because it closes hard. I'll work on that tomorrow. Once that's done, I'll put the quick latch hood pins in.

Also, if you're considering a carbon fiber hood, I recommend this video:

UNTOLD SECRETS for Installing Carbon Fiber Hood and Hood Latches (2020) - YouTube

I was going to take it to a body shop to have the hood aligned, but this guy goes through everything, and makes mistakes, but explains his mistakes very clearly so you won't make them.

I also added my DEI heat shield tape today. It took about 1 1/2 of the 30ft. rolls. I could have done a sound deadening heat mat, but you should hear the turbo spool through the hood now! It's awesome!

Amazon.com: Design Engineering 010397 Reflect-A-GOLD High-Temperature Heat Reflective Adhesive Backed Roll, 2" x 30' Roll : Industrial & Scientific

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220423_204953

Last edited:

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
The curse is real... just kidding! Looks as if fate wanted the SS3s installed now...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220424_161638