What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
PRL intercooler! Kinda wish I'd used the stencil to put the PRL logo on in red, but I didn't have any red spray paint so I didn't bother.

Splitter on!!! I kept the procivic lip on. The fit isn't PERFECT, which I expected, but I think it still looks subtle enough, and now it matches my side skirts.

Snapchat-1115826910.jpg

Now I gotta put all the goddamn plastic clip/retainers back in... Then clean up... Ughhhh the worst part of car work!
Looking good! Now I need the same initiative with my SS3s. Or hope that the installer I found on Diode Dynamcis' website are competent. If only the garnish wasn't screwed from behind...

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looking good! Now I need the same initiative with my SS3s. Or hope that the installer I found on Diode Dynamcis' website are competent. If only the garnish wasn't screwed from behind...
SS3s huh, sounds bright! You trying to blind folks?!

And shit, talking about fogs, I just realized I didn't hook my fogs back up after putting my bumper back on. FML!!!!!!!!!!!

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
SS3s huh, sounds bright! You trying to blind folks?!

And shit, talking about fogs, I just realized I didn't hook my fogs back up after putting my bumper back on. FML!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick poke underneath shold get you back on track!
Hopefully these do not blind anyone. I could have went with an LED bulb and let it be (which is the case for the Escape). Luckily, the Civic is a "standard" size. Hell, the Tacoma forum user I keep quoting has a very in-depth fog light thread.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-led-sae-j583-fog-pod-fog-light-review.554813/

I might have a problem...

andy_wen1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
My dad helped me find the issue and fixed the HiRevSports HRS Power Folding Mirror problem I had with the right passenger side. Turns out there was an open circuit. A wire was broken clean off apart. It is fixed and working now! Thanks to my dad's help. I also went to a car meet today.

20220326_112405.jpg

20220326_190536.jpg

20220326_192035.jpg
can you tell me the issue you had and how you fixed it? Mine just recently stopped working and idk why.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
can you tell me the issue you had and how you fixed it? Mine just recently stopped working and idk why.
Check the wires to the motor and see if it is cut or split or broke open. That's what happened to mines. It is wrapped and connected back together now and works.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Well, didn't happen today but last weekend got the snowshoes swapped out for my summer treads.

Well, mother nature said I should have waited apparently. Roads weren't too bad, but the summer tires didn't help for sliding around corners.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220328_085723

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed air ride this past weekend on the fk7. Went airlift 3p / struts from bagriders. Also stole the 10th gen touring wheels off my wife’s accord. Really impressed with the ride.

E3CA9B6A-8783-425C-B73B-EFD5B3A423BE.jpeg

4642467C-93F6-4754-91C4-A50C2BCBE7A9.jpeg

7FC24525-39ED-4633-8613-78B07F80F917.jpeg
Nice tuck!!
The Accord wheels look sharp too

Also... Is that your garage?? ???

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Based on another thread I was posting to about subwoofer installs, I decided to swap out my dash speaker for this one per a recommendation:

Sound Ordnance™ P-35B P-Series 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield

It literally took all of 3 minutes, and Crutchfield gives you the adapter harness for free. In reality, I can't tell if it improves my overall sound because my aftermarket amplified door speakers and sub way overpower the center speaker that is still driven from the OEM amp. I've never heard any distortion in my system, but this should at least improve the Waze warnings. For $30, and 3 minutes, it was worth a swap regardless.
I just did the same thing this Tuesday. I haven't made any other mods to the sound system, and it seems like vocals are clearer. I can use the remaining Sound Ordnance speaker in my son's Civic as a bonus!

The only issue I had was the harness connection to the speaker was very tight, I actually bent one of the terminals but was able to bend it back and it seems solid.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just did the same thing this Tuesday. I haven't made any other mods to the sound system, and it seems like vocals are clearer. I can use the remaining Sound Ordnance speaker in my son's Civic as a bonus!

The only issue I had was the harness connection to the speaker was very tight, I actually bent one of the terminals but was able to bend it back and it seems solid.
My Sound Ordnance speaker(s) for the center dash came in yesterday. I'm going to install it tomorrow while I change the oil and top off fluids before my road trip next week. I'm hoping this upgrade will help me hear Google trying to talk to me better!

I'm also returning my Focal amp and Kicker rear speakers, unopened. I'm actually pretty happy with just upgrading the front woofers and tweeters with Infinity Reference 6530cx (in addition to my powered 12 inch sub in the back.)

Could use the money to apply to my turbo or BBK upgrade!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
My Sound Ordnance speaker(s) for the center dash came in yesterday. I'm going to install it tomorrow while I change the oil and top off fluids before my road trip next week. I'm hoping this upgrade will help me hear Google trying to talk to me better!

I'm also returning my Focal amp and Kicker rear speakers, unopened. I'm actually pretty happy with just upgrading the front woofers and tweeters with Infinity Reference 6530cx (in addition to my powered 12 inch sub in the back.)

Could use the money to apply to my turbo or BBK upgrade!
So you can really tell a difference with the Infinities with just the stock head amp? How was the install -- I've never installed crossovers before. Walmart has a great price on them now.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So you can really tell a difference with the Infinities with just the stock head amp? How was the install -- I've never installed crossovers before. Walmart has a great price on them now.
I didn't have to install the crossovers actually. From my reading/understanding my Si has the built in crossovers (which is why the stock speaker setup already split the signal between the stock woofer and tweeter.) So install was straight forward just removing the door paneling and trim, unbolting the old stuff, and putting in the new. Jury rigging the tweeter to fit is a pain, and honestly in the future I'd consider just trying to find the woofer upgrade and skip the tweeter swap.

Otherwise yeah, the updated woofers are pretty dang great over stock, big improvement. No doubt replacing the speakers in the back and adding the amp would introduce an even greater difference, but I figured I'd be good getting the 400-ish bucks back and applying it towards performance bits for the car. I'll fiddle with the audio more further down the road for sure though, half the fun of this car is replacing bits and bobs in it!

I can't remember the name of the audio program I installed using HondaHack on my head unit to try and get around the SUUUUPER crap stock Honda software audio mixer (if you search around the forums it'll pop up.) But if you aren't going the hardware route to get around it then the software is a MUST to try and get your audio sounding better.

Also, my number one audio upgrade was getting a better sub. But we all have different priorities. I'm definitely not an audiophile ?
Sponsored