What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Yeah. I'm very torn. For <300 I can do Si rear rotors, bringing them up an inch. For more than 3 times the price I get 13 inches in the back, so another two inches, really filling out the wheel but still using the stock caliper.
Ask him to dock the shipping fee. Tell him the guys from Civic X forum sent ya.
Sponsored

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up buying a bunch of socket wrench adapters and such to cover all the situations that I could think of haha. Was finally able to torque the bolts down to spec this evening ?
Good job. I'm not a fan of "should be close enough." That tends to lead to "thought it was close enough."

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I ended up buying a bunch of socket wrench adapters and such to cover all the situations that I could think of haha. Was finally able to torque the bolts down to spec this evening ?
Yep I've found that crows foot wrenches are awesome at getting a torque wrench into tight spaces. Just be sure to use them correctly!

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yep I've found that crows foot wrenches are awesome at getting a torque wrench into tight spaces. Just be sure to use them correctly!
Great point, I was actually thinking about this today and had a mild OCD attack; I might have to go back under the car again tonight lol.

Found this video for those who are interested:

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Great point, I was actually thinking about this today and had a mild OCD attack; I might have to go back under the car again tonight lol.

Found this video for those who are interested:

LOL yeah don't lengthen the lever arm, you can calculate the increase in torque if they want to use a crows foot incorrectly, but would not recommend.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL yeah don't lengthen the lever arm, you can calculate the increase in torque if they want to use a crows foot incorrectly, but would not recommend.
Funny that he says "not so important if you're torquing an engine mount". Remind me again why we're discussing this? ? LOL! :rofl:

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Funny that he says "not so important if you're torquing an engine mount". Remind me again why we're discussing this? ? LOL! :rofl:
It’s likely not a big deal from a mechanical integrity standpoint… but I’ll take anything that will help the NVH chill out with the brand new mount. I also want to make sure the mount breaks in properly. But yeah, it shouldn’t really be that huge of a deal ;)

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Did the little cubby too, I like it.

My Intercooler is rattling against the crash bar, I’m gonna try to either loosen the passenger side bracket a bit to let it sit lower or jam a little piece of rubber between it and the bar to stop the vibration

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 33CB2DF1-C3AD-4043-819F-AB9EAA76F955

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Based on another thread I was posting to about subwoofer installs, I decided to swap out my dash speaker for this one per a recommendation:

Sound Ordnance™ P-35B P-Series 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield

It literally took all of 3 minutes, and Crutchfield gives you the adapter harness for free. In reality, I can't tell if it improves my overall sound because my aftermarket amplified door speakers and sub way overpower the center speaker that is still driven from the OEM amp. I've never heard any distortion in my system, but this should at least improve the Waze warnings. For $30, and 3 minutes, it was worth a swap regardless.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Based on another thread I was posting to about subwoofer installs, I decided to swap out my dash speaker for this one per a recommendation:

Sound Ordnance™ P-35B P-Series 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield

It literally took all of 3 minutes, and Crutchfield gives you the adapter harness for free. In reality, I can't tell if it improves my overall sound because my aftermarket amplified door speakers and sub way overpower the center speaker that is still driven from the OEM amp. I've never heard any distortion in my system, but this should at least improve the Waze warnings. For $30, and 3 minutes, it was worth a swap regardless.
Is the center speaker where Google talks to you from when using Android Auto? That volume has been waaaay too low. I updated my door woofers and I have some speakers for the back too, but I'd love to do the center speaker if it helps.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the center speaker where Google talks to you from when using Android Auto? That volume has been waaaay too low. I updated my door woofers and I have some speakers for the back too, but I'd love to do the center speaker if it helps.
Yes it is. If you weren't aware, the volume for that is controlled independent of the main stereo volume but it's only controllable while the audio is happening. You should be able to max it out with this better speaker. It won't come near your aftermarket sound level, but you shouldn't hear any distortion from it since it's a better quality speaker (even for $30).

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Finally got my sun visors customized and reattached

this was a long process just because i messed things up… it all started by taking off warning stickers, which lead to a sticky residue that i covered up with some carbon fiber that ended up falling off cuz it wasnt stuck on enough, which lead to me making a big mistake and spraying construction adhesive on the visor which made it a terribly ugly sticky residue allover so i got my friend to re-fabric the whole thing.

now i just need to swap out the bulbs for white LEDs

CA4F49C3-BD87-42FC-AB96-C80A46BA726F.jpeg

554D0B71-FEF6-4D93-B9C6-7511DC89B5B8.jpeg

D3DC5151-BADA-4B03-9D08-13D4862D0066.jpeg

77AC4D28-FB25-439A-A31B-A954A06601A6.jpeg

B470B03B-49D4-4F67-8336-CBE0EADB9AE1.jpeg
This is really cool. Did you do it yourself with a guide or did you get them from somewhere?

dhgaimez

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Received my HKS Hipermax S set today. Quality feels amazing out of the box. Really excited to get these on.

Also shout-out to Evasive Motorsports. They told me these were a 4 month special order from japan, but somehow showed up at my door in a week.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220324_181049924

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Another basic, but effective mod. Swapped out the original 9005 high beam for some 9011 HIR1. These were harder than I thought to find. Apparently, the most sought-after recent version is the Sylvania bulbs made in Korea. It's these that have the lauded infrared coating that helps improve performance. Those made in Germany lack this coating.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220324_173935

In my quest to save ten bucks, I went to O'Reilly's. They didn't have them in store, but could have it delivered in a few hours. I failed to specify Sylvania and ended up receiving an Eiko pair. After returning them, I remembered to tell them Sylvania specifically. However, I ended up receiving one bulb made in Korea, and one from Germany. Giving up, I bought another one (which was five bucks more) from a nearby AutoZone. Just my luck, they had one 9011 made in Korea. The others were made in Germany.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220324_180137

After modifying the tabs with some modeling snips, they fit in the housing.

One test drive tonight should show an improvement. Now to decided between OEM LEDs or HID retrofit in the future...

Edit: Holy cow these are bright. Makes me want to go the retrofit route if the LEDs fall through ?. As for fog lights, I'm waiting for a set of Diode Dynamics SS3s to arrive. Now to find the wherewithal to install them on my non-Si bumper.

Last edited: