What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Good news - technically did this on Friday, but today’s rain really gave me some good feels for the result - gave Ole Bessie a comprehensive hand wash and wax.

Bad news is that during aforementioned wash, I discovered my first ever door ding. It’s almost imperceptible, but there’s something about dings/dents that really irks me (you can’t polish them out). I’ve had the car for about 10 months now, and I’ve been really careful with not tailgating and parking strategically, etc., but somehow this manages to happen… hey, at least the culprit was gentle enough to not cause any paint damage ☺

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 74A5F689-C243-4C7C-9FE5-2F96D19FF1AB

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 7BEDC1D2-E667-4326-ABA6-E2AB7708F136

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you do the whole heat gun thing and whatnot, when applying the vinyl? Also, how did you get all the adhesive off from the first try lol.
I did mine in midsummer, so the Carolina heat kept it pliable

Goo gone and isopropyl will take care of the adhesive. I have a felt block and a felt tipped squeegee card for smoothing the vinyl out

I'm not good at laying vinyl by any means lol. I'm about to try again with the center console piano black under the shifter

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I did mine in midsummer, so the Carolina heat kept it pliable

Goo gone and isopropyl will take care of the adhesive. I have a felt block and a felt tipped squeegee card for smoothing the vinyl out

I'm not good at laying vinyl by any means lol. I'm about to try again with the center console piano black under the shifter
Man I don't even want to THINK about Goo Gone haha. I used the automotive stuff when I first got my Si to remove the dealer decals, and then also to try and get some tree sap off of my paint. I must've messed up the application because it formed this hideous awful mess that was just stuck to my paint. I was finally able to buff it out when I bought a TorqX polisher and some Chemical Guys stuff. But yeah, I'm running fast in the other direction whenever I see goo gone.

Flavio_S-G

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th
Country flag
Just finished one of the doors. I covered it in black like 2 years ago and it looked cool, but I got tired of it:

I edited with Photoshop to see how it would look (2nd picture).

After like 8 hours (or maybe 16 ?), here is the result:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20220227_212634_com.android.gallery3d_edit_467543714445323

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20220227_212424_com.android.gallery3d_edit_467417674139613

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220227_132444

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220227_200432

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220227_211548

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220307_180725

Last edited:

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I finally had some daylight hours to start some work I've been waiting to do for so long:

First thing was to adjust my Morimoto fog lights. Pretty incredible how much better they work now that they aren't aimed straight at the ground. Before adjusting, I was literally unable to see if they were on or off. They're still no where near as bright as my Lasfit LED ones but they do look great...

Second, and way more intense, was raising the Morimoto headlights. I was SO careful doing this; after reading all the threads about people breaking the adjustment rod I gingerly went as high as I could without feeling resistance. Also, I used a ratcheting 90 degree screwdriver so my increments were very, very tiny. I'm probably in the last 1/4 of the adjustment range, so they're much higher than before and definitely perform better. That said, they're just plain not that bright when compared to a high quality HID.

Lastly I tracked down an extremely irritating clunk coming from the rear end whenever I hit a bump. I actually sat in the trunk and had my wife drive around so I could really listen. I was able to deduce out that its coming from where the strut mounts (or where I presume it does). I'm not quite sure how to access that, having never changed one myself on this car (bought it with these coils) but I figure I'll get a good look with the wheel off during the day later in the week.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3C8B931D-24ED-45F3-907B-448BF09321B5

Driver side is adjusted, passenger is where it was.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I actually did do this today though:

Finally replaced those ugly Nitrogen green valve stem caps that came with my car. After looking at the reviews of many aftermarket caps, I finally settled on just the plastic Honda OEM ones to avoid any potential corrosion issues (College Hills has them in stock). In any case, they fit snugly and look better than the stupid green caps which I’ll just keep in my glovebox as spares now.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 34F24EC7-D2C4-4E76-BDED-BA9B9D0FD869

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 17D2EBEE-801B-4546-9970-F2FFB17E4E0F

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
After driving to the gym and back last night I knew in my heart I had adjusted the passenger headlight too high. Queue the fear of breaking it again because I didn't remember which was was up and which was down. For anyone in this situation, to aim a Morimoto XB Headlight UP, you twist the adjustment knob CLOCKWISE. DOWN is COUNTERCLOCKWISE. I started with clockwise and thankfully saw a tiny bit of rise and immediately switched and backed it down.

For such an expensive product, it is absolutely ABSURD that the adjustment mechanism is so fragile. I'm finally satisfied with the light situation now.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 0E8472BF-265D-4869-A541-46CDBE2EC517

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220228_220924

Accidentally hit a pothole on my way home from work. What sucks is that the front right wheel was the only one without curb damage from the previous owner. Now I have have to find a shop with Goodyear Eagles or go broke replacing the set...

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Isn't 500+ bucks already approaching how much it would cost to vinyl wrap a hood or a roof??? I have no idea, since I haven't had anything professionally wrapped yet, but damn.
at that i'd just be doing visors and maybe
20220228_220924.jpg

Accidentally hit a pothole on my way home from work. What sucks is that the front right wheel was the only one without curb damage from the previous owner. Now I have have to find a shop with Goodyear Eagles or go broke replacing the set...
if the wheel itself is damaged and you can afford it, i'd just start looking aftermarket. a full set costs what 1 OEM wheel did.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Re-Flashed my Phearable 1.5T tune (yesterday). I returned to stock for a little over a week just to be completely sure I would pass my NYS inspection. I was probably being over cautious since I have zero bolt-ons but since I always wait until the 1st of the next month, I didn't want to have any chance of failure.
Man, did I take for granted the excellence of this tune, after just 8 months of using it! For this last week I felt like I needed to get out and push. This morning's drive to work was heaven! Merging onto the highway was so smooth & accelerating from 65 to 80+, in order pass, was effortless.
If anyone is on the fence about tuning...do it!
-2020 Sport Hatch 1.5T (CVT)

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220302_114500

After the flat tire fiasco, I opted to replace the stock Goodyear Eagles with Continental ExtremeContacts. However, while I'm no expert, I noticed that the sidewall says "inside," making me fear that the shop installed the tires incorrectly ?.

On the plus side, I finally swapped my climate controls from an LX. No more touch screen for me!
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220302_110511

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220302_113147

Now to find a crimped terminal for the variable wiper mod...

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
20220302_114500.jpg

After the flat tire fiasco, I opted to replace the stock Goodyear Eagles with Continental ExtremeContacts. However, while I'm no expert, I noticed that the sidewall says "inside," making me fear that the shop installed the tires incorrectly ?.
They're backwards. The other side has a wheel edge protector rib that runs around the tire. You can see it on my front tire if you zoom.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211228_115510

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They're backwards. The other side has a wheel edge protector rib that runs around the tire. You can see it on my front tire if you zoom.

20211228_115510.jpg
Unrelated, but are the hood, roof, and trunk painted or wrapped? I currently have a black hood (Rallye Red everywhere else) and my wife has been nagging me to get the roof in black and the trunk too, essentially your look exactly. I'm just exploring methods of doing it. Thanks!