What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally lowered my civic on the pro kit. Had them install skunk camber arms and after about a week I hear a slight creaking noise (coming from the camber arms I think) when accelerating from a complete stop or going really slow like in my driveway. Anyone else have this issue or heard of it
Check the camber arm bushings. One of my bushings broke out very soon after the initial install and I got a clicking sound when rolling slow. I thought it was my sway bar or coils.

You can check the bushings by shaking the camber arm forward to rear. You shouldn't have any movement. If you do, you have a bad bushing. I got a replacement on Amazon.

Skunk2 Racing 916-05-0505 Rear Camber Kit Replacement Bushing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L0GCI...t_i_E3DN2W9QA0HRS8VDFGPG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Beefstew

First Name
ottis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EX-L Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Define "engine cover"? Do you mean the underbody spoiler section that covers the engine? If so, it provides slightly better aerodynamics under the car, improving mileage. I know Sport and Sport Touring have the full underbody spoiler. I'm not sure if EX/LX has it.
Not sure what you mean by full underbody lol. But I have the EX-L and it comes with the aluminum panel underneath the engine compartment. I just had to get it replaced because of road debris tearing a hole in it. It saved my oil pan from a hole which was nice lol. But yeah. The EX-L at least comes with it.

Beefstew

First Name
ottis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tinted the DRL on the new lip. Still need to wire them up once I've got the schematic to figure out the OEM DRL pins.
1643035260412.png
I know it’s been asked a billion times and I’ve found it before. But do you have a link for the headlight wrap? And how was the process? Painful?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know it’s been asked a billion times and I’ve found it before. But do you have a link for the headlight wrap? And how was the process? Painful?
I make and sell these vinyl overlays. I have the dark version, as you see here on the car and a light version. It's a straightforward process with the help of my girl's hairdryer. If you want to buy the material and cut it yourself to save on cost, here is the link to Amazon. It's from VVivid.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1643385018039

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
1643169226355.png

Installed. Its about an inch short but I am fine with it for now. Maybe I will order a larger size in the future but worth it for 15 bucks

Update: so the 05 odyssy has a 13 inch arm, the crv has a 12 inch arm.

So to achieve a perfect replacement, get the 05 odyssey arm and 07 crv wiper blade.
13in arm and 14in wiper blade. (oe fk7 wiper blade is 14in long too)
keyword:
Odyssey wiper arm 76720SHJA01
I will try the set up in the future. in the meantime I will use the crv set up.

CRV info
1643170899741.png

Odyssey Info
1643170916745.png
What I would like the most about this is if it eliminates the glare that I sometimes get off the stock wiper arm. The painted metal isn't completely matte, so if the sun's at a certain angle, it reflects into the rearview mirror and into my eyes.

Beefstew

First Name
ottis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I make and sell these vinyl overlays. I have the dark version, as you see here on the car and a light version. It's a straightforward process with the help of my girl's hairdryer. If you want to buy the material and cut it yourself to save on cost, here is the link to Amazon. It's from VVivid.
1643385018039.png
Thanks man!!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I'm lucky - the little wash shop in my village is doing unlimited for $25 a month. It's never had more than 1 or 2 people in front of me. It's not the best wash but it it get's the salt off and I'm usually done in about 5 minutes.
I've yet to find one that gets the back of my car clean.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know my car is badly in need of washing, but it's been a few degrees above freezing here for a while, and I'm afraid of going through an automated wash with a spoiler mounted using tape.

After watching some nerdy youtube videos, I put yarn tufts on the rear glass. Had very obvious flow separation in the first third of the glass, and printed up some vortex generators. Stuck them at the top edge and the flow stayed attached until the bottom third.

This ought to reduce drag and increase downforce a tiny amount, but sadly I realized I had low tire pressure at the same time. That will no doubt make a much bigger difference. Also, make it an even worse idea to go through an automated wash.

20220124_134613.jpg
Had a thought today -- have you noticed yet if this helps keep the back window clean of dust?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Soo that car wash a few days ago didn’t last ?. Got about 7-10 inches of snow last night into this late morning early afternoon
A3EB9BD3-5CD5-4A97-B2B7-18F236D2FB98.jpeg

one hour later ..
CDA6CB47-D94D-4A68-81CE-E8828A655DD0.jpeg
I've washed-and-waxed my car before knowing damned well that there was a snowstorm on the way — because I wanted the car to be as well-protected as possible. I think it worked, too, because it was super easy to clean the snow off afterwards.

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
I've washed-and-waxed my car before knowing damned well that there was a snowstorm on the way — because I wanted the car to be as well-protected as possible. I think it worked, too, because it was super easy to clean the snow off afterwards.
shittt I would’ve done that if I did my own . It wasn’t to bad tho..the snow on the car came off pretty quick just was freezing over as it got later into the evening

Shoveled her out. Lotta work.
IMG_20220130_093034478_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220130_093054017_HDR.jpg
Definitely more work then it seems sometimes ..I’m sore as shit right now too ??