What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have some great news, some less than great news, and some bad news.
Starting with the bad news: Went a little too quick for my own good today and ruined my front lip ?
20220121_164015.jpg

Less than great news: My Spoon-replica roof spoiler is late. Was really hoping for it today.
But the great news! Got my new duckbill spoiler in, and while it still isn't quite what I was looking for, it's definitely a step in the right direction. I think in conjunction with my Spoon-replica roof mount spoiler, it will all come together well. We shall have to wait and see!
20220121_193836.jpg

20220121_193846.jpg

20220121_193858.jpg
More pictures! No towel mod today, though ?
Really liking this spoiler! Next thing on my list is working on an exhaust, and I've got some ideas about that. Going to buy a replacement Sport model rear diffuser and exhaust cutout, see if I can find a shop that has the capability of bending pipes for me. Anyone know if two 90 degree angles in a single pipe will hurt exhaust flow?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220122_163831

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220122_163715

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More pictures! No towel mod today, though ?
Really liking this spoiler! Next thing on my list is working on an exhaust, and I've got some ideas about that. Going to buy a replacement Sport model rear diffuser and exhaust cutout, see if I can find a shop that has the capability of bending pipes for me. Anyone know if two 90 degree angles in a single pipe will hurt exhaust flow?

20220122_163831.jpg

20220122_163715.jpg
The exhaust is one of the reasons I let my black '17 EX go in trade for the sport touring. There's just too much to do to get EX's fitted nicely with an exhaust. That being said, there are a few people on the site that had custom bent pipes put on to flow out the center. I think you just need to talk to a reputable shop.

How is that spoiler attached? Also, do you have a link for it? I was considering that one before I got the Caruse, but I really never looked for it.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The exhaust is one of the reasons I let my black '17 EX go in trade for the sport touring. There's just too much to do to get EX's fitted nicely with an exhaust. That being said, there are a few people on the site that had custom bent pipes put on to flow out the center. I think you just need to talk to a reputable shop.

How is that spoiler attached? Also, do you have a link for it? I was considering that one before I got the Caruse, but I really never looked for it.
Right now it's just a ton of auto-grade adhesive tape, but if I wanted to drill into the stock spoiler to mount, it has mounting points for it. Here is the link!

Oh definitely, I only regret my EX-L for that reason, but I'm willing to try it here. If not there are other options!

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Relocated my dashcam and routed the wire near the passenger side curtain airbag.
ED3A6CCE-A36C-491A-A2F9-2295E64F3B46.jpeg
Is that hardwired? I've been looking for a two-channel dashcam setup that would last sudden temperature changes. My previous dashcam in my Focus stopped recording right at the moment it was killed by a delivery van (though it lead me to buy the Civic). Besides that accident, one of the worthwhile things I recorded was a Nissan Versa evading a cop car and nearly causing an accident!

Right now it's just a ton of auto-grade adhesive tape, but if I wanted to drill into the stock spoiler to mount, it has mounting points for it. Here is the link!

Oh definitely, I only regret my EX-L for that reason, but I'm willing to try it here. If not there are other options!
I wish I could say the same for my Sport sedan. The tiny spoiler doesn't really suit the trunk. However, I read that it's a giant pain to remove and find something to cover the holes. Though the Si spoiler is tempting, the double spoiler look to have both is borderline rice, imo. And I wish I can change the tip, but for the life of me, it doesn't look easy (though I've heard it is).

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that hardwired? I've been looking for a two-channel dashcam setup that would last sudden temperature changes. My previous dashcam in my Focus stopped recording right at the moment it was killed by a delivery van (though it lead me to buy the Civic). Besides that accident, one of the worthwhile things I recorded was a Nissan Versa evading a cop car and nearly causing an accident!

I wish I could say the same for my Sport sedan. The tiny spoiler doesn't really suit the trunk. However, I read that it's a giant pain to remove and find something to cover the holes. Though the Si spoiler is tempting, the double spoiler look to have both is borderline rice, imo. And I wish I can change the tip, but for the life of me, it doesn't look easy (though I've heard it is).
The Si spoiler would look really cool on the Sedans IMO, and I was wanting a more Si-style look with my hatchback. There just aren't that many options for the sedans in my searching. There's some Type R replicas for sedans, a Mugen-style spoiler, then like 3 duckbills and that's it.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
The Si spoiler would look really cool on the Sedans IMO, and I was wanting a more Si-style look with my hatchback. There just aren't that many options for the sedans in my searching. There's some Type R replicas for sedans, a Mugen-style spoiler, then like 3 duckbills and that's it.
The Si spoiler is sorely tempting. It includes the added benefit of an LED third-brake light, too. Someone's done the tiny lip plus and Si spoiler. Though the black lip might clash in my case, despite my car being grey, or "Modern Steel Metallic."

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oem-si-coupe-spoiler-install.12163/post-316696

As an side for 10th gen owners, is it possible to use the 9th gen Accord's third brake light, or does it have to come from thr Hybrid 8th/9th gen Civic. The DD HP48, while ok in brightness, isn't as uniform as I like it to be.

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si spoiler is sorely tempting. I includes the added benefit of an LED third-brake light, too. Someone's done the tiny lip plus and Si spoiler. Though the black lip might clash in my case, despite my car being grey, or "Modern Steel Metallic."

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oem-si-coupe-spoiler-install.12163/post-316696

As an side for 10th gen owners, is it possible to use the 9th gen Accord's third brake light, or does it have to come from thr Hybrid 8th/9th gen Civic. Thr DD HP48, while ok in brightness, isn't as uniform as I like it to be.
Not sure if you can use a 9th Gen Accord's brake light tbh, maybe someone here on the forums might know.

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
Is that hardwired?
Nope! Just plugs into the port under the center console. I tucked the wire above the windshield and then across the passenger side curtain airbag.

My dash cam shuts off when I turn my car off. So far Iā€™m liking it. No issues. Ive already captured a handful of drivers doing stupid things.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Nope! Just plugs into the port under the center console. I tucked the wire above the windshield and then across the passenger side curtain airbag.

My dash cam shuts off when I turn my car off. So far Iā€™m liking it. No issues. Ive already captured a handful of drivers doing stupid things.
I tried Viofo from Amazon. Worked well in the summer. But when temperatures dropped, it only worked after numerous on-off cycles (despite claiming to work in extreme temperatures). Weirdly, the rear-facing camera kept working, while the front worked when it wanted to. After seeing the location for the interior fuses, I'm thinking of just using the port (which I used in my Focus). Though parking mode looks enticing. Maybe our Canadian friends up north might reccomend something?

You're not wrong on stupid drivers. They're everywhere!

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Attempted to install the Spoon blue tint convex mirrors. Didn't realize it was just a 3M tape slap on. While trying to apply the drivers side I noticed the top piece of 3M was not touching the mirror, added a little pressure and it shattered down the middle.. ā˜¹

cocoroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Today, I bought another 10th gen! I wanted a SGP one for the longest time... what started as a discussion about wheels turned into me buying the whole car! And as if that wasn't enough, I instantly added an SES fog module... excited to have a second car to build! This thing is already pretty hooked up, but I've got a few things up my sleeve...

54FFE31B-3567-41BF-9FDB-34E790D7DE4C.jpeg

33992720-7C53-4E7A-8DE2-F89BA6A7336B.jpeg

66C8291E-6D3F-46ED-9ACC-41641E85AD5D.jpeg

91735B8D-F663-45EA-A174-E9668BBBB903.jpeg
Absolutely upstanding buyer to work with! Hope you enjoy the car and take good care of it! I'll be following your builds.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Attempted to install the Spoon blue tint convex mirrors. Didn't realize it was just a 3M tape slap on. While trying to apply the drivers side I noticed the top piece of 3M was not touching the mirror, added a little pressure and it shattered down the middle.. ā˜¹
I know Mugen makes something similar that replaces the stock mirror, but holy Batman, it's expensive. Those tack-on blind-spot mirrors are loads cheaper. One of the things I missed from my Focus were the integrated blind-spot mirrors. Even if my mirrors were "properly" adjusted, that tiny mirror provided that bit more visibility to the blind-spot. Cross my fingers that Suma Performance mirrors go back in stock. Though I'm worried how much the blue tint looks with tinted windows.

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
I know Mugen makes something similar that replaces the stock mirror, but holy Batman, it's expensive. Those tack-on blind-spot mirrors are loads cheaper. One of the things I missed from my Focus were the integrated blind-spot mirrors. Even if my mirrors were "properly" adjusted, that tiny mirror provided that bit more visibility to the blind-spot. Cross my fingers that Suma Performance mirrors go back in stock. Though I'm worried how much the blue tint looks with tinted windows.
Dang I didnā€™t realize these were slap on. Iā€™ve had my eye on them. I have the tack on blind spot small mirror in blue and it doesnā€™t mess with my view at all and I have window tint.

Iā€™ve always wondered how good those mirrors were with blind spots.

I remember looking up those mugen ones once. Almost threw up how expensive they were lol.

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Today, I bought another 10th gen! I wanted a SGP one for the longest time... what started as a discussion about wheels turned into me buying the whole car! And as if that wasn't enough, I instantly added an SES fog module... excited to have a second car to build! This thing is already pretty hooked up, but I've got a few things up my sleeve...

54FFE31B-3567-41BF-9FDB-34E790D7DE4C.jpeg

33992720-7C53-4E7A-8DE2-F89BA6A7336B.jpeg

66C8291E-6D3F-46ED-9ACC-41641E85AD5D.jpeg

91735B8D-F663-45EA-A174-E9668BBBB903.jpeg
Wassup youā€™ll sell those tails from the sgp?