What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
No pics, but finally got some Blizzaks installed and boy are they a game changer. i got to test them out in the snow today and I can't believe everyone in the midwest dealing with sizeable snow doesn't buy them.

Up next will be shopping for a new wheel/tire setup for spring-fall.
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Javera

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
Are u putting the Caruse back on?
I'm honestly debating with myself whether I should or not. Nothing against the caruse I was just open to other options (alt duckbills, R replica wing , etc.).

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm honestly debating with myself whether I should or not. Nothing against the caruse I was just open to other options (alt duckbills, R replica wing , etc.).
I like the look but I hope nothing ever goes wrong with my HRS turn signals or it'll be a 4th time pulling the tape off! I do love the HRS tail lights thiugh! The blackout effect is awesome.

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I managed to install one SPC aluminum camber arm before it got mad cold. That inner bolt was a BITCH to get out without a ratcheting spanner. The largest I got is a 15mm. I don't have a 17mm one. My ratcheting wrench with the 17mm socket on kept popping out.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I managed to install one SPC aluminum camber arm before it got mad cold. That inner bolt was a BITCH to get out without a ratcheting spanner. The largest I got is a 15mm. I don't have a 17mm one. My ratcheting wrench with the 17mm socket on kept popping out.
That's definitely a chore that tries your patience! I popped a bushing on one of my camber arms a while back and had to do it a second time, but at least I knew what I was in for.

Leaux

First Name
Leaux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I took my EX Hatch to the dealer for warranty service. I had this buzzing sound emanating from the under the center of the dash between 1500-2000 RPMs. Plus the infotainment screen blacked out, then reset when car started the next day. Infotainment checked out fine, buzzing was the kick plate near the gas pedal.

Lastly, dealership pitched the 15k recommended service of wheel alignment, engine air filter, and cabin air filter to the tune of over $300. Air filters at Napa or Advance cost about $36 for both. Easier to do it yourself. Alignment, I’ll have my local shop do it when needed.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I took my EX Hatch to the dealer for warranty service. I had this buzzing sound emanating from the under the center of, or fe the dash between 1500-2000 RPMs. Plus the infotainment screen blacked out, then reset when car started the next day. Infotainment checked out fine, buzzing was the kick plate near the gas pedal.

Lastly, dealership pitched the 15k recommended service of wheel alignment, engine air filter, and cabin air filter to the tune of over $300. Air filters at Napa or Advance cost about $36 for both. Easier to do it yourself. Alignment, I’ll have my local shop do it when needed.
I get that a dealership is a business and has labor and overhead costs, but their fees for simple services are outrageous. Too many people are intimidated to do it themselves, or perhaps feel that changing an engine or cabin air filter is more difficult than it really is. I can understand not wanting to change your oil filter even though I do it myself, as you need a garage, ramps or jackstands, oil filter wrench etc. Plus the mess too!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I posted this in the Cosmetics subforum, but I know this one gets more views, so I'm reposting it here: I bought the UMS sequential garnish lights for my 2020 Si and I can't figure out how to disconnect the headlight wiring so that I can more easily splice/tap the garnish light wiring into the headlight wiring. I watched the Chris Lowpes video from the UMS website but it doesn't show this step. It may be that I just don't have the finger strength but I just can't remove that connector. Hopefully one of you can help -- thanks!

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I took my EX Hatch to the dealer for warranty service. I had this buzzing sound emanating from the under the center of the dash between 1500-2000 RPMs. Plus the infotainment screen blacked out, then reset when car started the next day. Infotainment checked out fine, buzzing was the kick plate near the gas pedal.

Jesus I just had a 4 wheel alignment at the dealership and it was only like $100
Sponsored