What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went for lunch and a drive after and found a great looking tree.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211103_144543

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
As someone debating between them, what made you decide to do all of the upgrades on the stock shifter instead of buying one of acuity's? I was going to get the full kit of upgrades but didn't want to spend the money only to want the short shifter 6 months down the line.
I personally can not recommend an entire shifter assembly for something that you dont plan on doing competitive track days on a regular basis. The shifter is absolutely a great unit however in a daily youll never be able to utilize its benefits fully. Put the money difference towards anything else! Secondary i do not recommend a short shifter, the strain on the cables and the transmission is not worth it and realistically with the delay with the tb, even with rev hang disabled, essentially eliminates the benefit of that as well. Happy modding man!

Snorzy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 sport 6mt
Country flag
I personally can not recommend an entire shifter assembly for something that you dont plan on doing competitive track days on a regular basis. The shifter is absolutely a great unit however in a daily youll never be able to utilize its benefits fully. Put the money difference towards anything else! Secondary i do not recommend a short shifter, the strain on the cables and the transmission is not worth it and realistically with the delay with the tb, even with rev hang disabled, essentially eliminates the benefit of that as well. Happy modding man!
Thanks a ton! Since I won't be tracking it for another year or so I might pick and choose a few assembly parts as a low cost compromise. The oem centering spring honestly feels fine and I never miss shifts (so far!) so I might leave that out. At the very least I might get the upgraded bushing, amsol Synchromesh, and a weighted knob.

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Thanks a ton! Since I won't be tracking it for another year or so I might pick and choose a few assembly parts as a low cost compromise. The oem centering spring honestly feels fine and I never miss shifts (so far!) so I might leave that out. At the very least I might get the upgraded bushing, amsol Synchromesh, and a weighted knob.
If you have an Si the centering spring probably and rocker isnt quite worth it but youre already in there so you might as well

Snorzy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 sport 6mt
Country flag
If you have an Si the centering spring probably and rocker isnt quite worth it but youre already in there so you might as well
That's actually why I'm changing the MT fluid while down there, not nearly enough miles yet but I know I won't want to take all that stuff apart again lol

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
That's actually why I'm changing the MT fluid while down there, not nearly enough miles yet but I know I won't want to take all that stuff apart again lol
As much as i dont like royal purple, Ive found that is the best feeling MT fluid ive used in this trans. It gives the right amount of cushion but retains OEM like viscosity without it feeling to "watery". Ive used oem, asmoil, and pennzoil sycnhomesh, the pennzoil felt the worst but would probably be alot better if the trans was being raced on alot. If that makes any sense

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took her out for the weekly wash! Decided on pressure washer this time for convenience and the fact it was 40f outside. Too cold to be doing bucket wash right now.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211104_182243

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211104_183618