What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
Started the process of an engine swap, my fingers are already numb from all the damn wire plugs. Had a look underneath and definitely bent rods. The middle two cylinders appear to bent but one looks like it is coming in contact with the crank. Any tips for this process would be appreciated!
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) image1
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) image0 - Copy

Leaton

First Name
Leaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS Hatchback 2021, Phoenix Orange
Country flag
my goal is to find the bracket. i use the cupholders as well as the cubby under the climate controls so having my phone mounted somewhere is the best solution for me even though i do use carplay.
assuming this bracket is able to be found, i would then be able to mount whatever i want to it, be it my phone, my ktuner, or a wireless charger like i said i just upgraded to a magsafe compatible phone and i would like to take advantage of that feature. idk about you but i dont go around tossing a $1500 phone willy nilly with all the stuff laying around in the compartments of my car.

with that being said, here's some pictures of the closest thing i could find to this bracket
1634585111644.png
1634585127043.png

the bracket went here, as shown in my poorly drawn markup.
1634585793612.png

im fairly certain that it mounted under that top screw and came out 2-3 inches
if not that screw then maybe it used a head unit screw but that's where it goes
Best way is to either buy Mous Limitless 3.0 Aramid fibre charger pad for Mous specific phone cases for Limitless 3.0 or Mous MagSafe Compatible charger pad.

Both are connected via a very short M4 bolt (approximately 5mm long, maybe even shorter) with an allen key head so I can tighten or loosen it via allen key.

You drill a hole of approx 5mm diameter exaclty in the middle of Nikumotors mount and attach a 3m adhesive pad with a hole in the middle and attach the Aramid pad onto it. See my pics.

I use 35cm long USB-A to USB-C cable to connect it

Insert the mount first before attaching the charging pad, it will only get in the way when you try to put the mount on after you attach the pad cos it blocks the screw behind the air-con console you would need to tighten up ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_0735.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_0736.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Aramid charger

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I did this today... X 4.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20211101_123704838-01

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Test-mounted a simple "Rear Fog" LED solution as was originally (afaik) mentioned here by Ocelot.

I was worried the dual-color LED might have crap for white, but it's fine as you can see, all three white-LED selections look basically identical as reverse lights (Auxito, MAXGTRS and the new Dual-Color).

Still need to run a trigger wire from the front fuse panel alllll the way to the back to trigger the red when the front fogs are on, but pretty easy trick, as far as getting a "rear fog" look. Not "crazy bright" as far as rear fogs go, but it will look like I gave it some effort at least. YMMV

5sfc7n.jpg
This looks great. I didn’t know it was possible now. I’ve wanted a rear fog light but didn’t want to source a new taillight assembly from overseas.

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Well today was fun! I finally got to use my electric power washer and foam cannon. This is the first time ever using this combo and I’m impressed! I bought a starter kit from chemical guys a few weeks ago. It was fun testing out the foam pattern.

Bonus pic of my puppy being a weirdo this morning.
3DBD45C5-8662-4C1D-9B58-ABC852FA6AA2.jpeg
Lol looks like the wife's shower shelf.
But tidier.
:D

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best way is to either buy Mous Limitless 3.0 Aramid fibre charger pad for Mous specific phone cases for Limitless 3.0 or Mous MagSafe Compatible charger pad.

Both are connected via a very short M4 bolt (approximately 5mm long, maybe even shorter) with an allen key head so I can tighten or loosen it via allen key.

You drill a hole of approx 5mm diameter exaclty in the middle of Nikumotors mount and attach a 3m adhesive pad with a hole in the middle and attach the Aramid pad onto it. See my pics.

I use 35cm long USB-A to USB-C cable to connect it

Insert the mount first before attaching the charging pad, it will only get in the way when you try to put the mount on after you attach the pad cos it blocks the screw behind the air-con console you would need to tighten up ;)

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Aramid charger.png

thanks boss, i was just looking for the bracket and i found it right after i made that post, nice setup you got there tho. seems solid.

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Type r shifter base
Acuity base bushings
Acuity centering spring
Acuity Rocker
Acuity Shift boot collar
Acuity Shift cable bushings

I wouldnt say these are ground breaking difference if youre already in an Si like myself, I did a comparison between the two shifter bases, the rocker and centering spring def gave it a nice snap. The base bushings just makes sense while youre already in there. Cable bushings give a nice translation going into gears.

Overall if you already have an Si and just daily drive it or even do spirited mexico runs, the only reason why youd do any of these is to future proof it unless someone comes with a set of upgraded cables (which i dont see needing for a long time either). Absolutely do this if you have a sport model otherwise you can hold off for a while unless you have the itch. I might be a little biased since my other car is a 90's shitbox that does things it was never intended for, so Im trying to NOT make it racecar like

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) photo_2021-11-01_20-46-09

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
New set of tires last week. On my drive to work, I must’ve picked up something that gave my front right a leak, which triggered the TPMS several miles later. I got it to a tire shop near the office and they had a set of 235/40-18 Michelins available at their warehouse. So, I walked from there to work, had my workday, walked back, and they finished just as they were closing up.

I ended up with MXV4s, which I wouldn’t choose otherwise (they were stock on my EP3 and convinced me to buy winter tires). But in a pinch, availability wins. And I decided to get a full set because the original Contis were finally starting to show their age.

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I changed from Hasport to Hardrace. It retains the OEM design for suppressing NVH. The Hasport mount made me feel connected to the road and is probably better for the track, but the vibes can be worrisome, especially to passengers.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211102_122933

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Changed from Hasport to Hardrace. It retains the OEM design for suppressing NVH. The Hasport mount is probably better for the track.
20211102_122933.jpg
Does the Hardrace provide an improvement over the OEM? It looks like the same construction.

Snorzy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 sport 6mt
Country flag
Type r shifter base
Acuity base bushings
Acuity centering spring
Acuity Rocker
Acuity Shift boot collar
Acuity Shift cable bushings

I wouldnt say these are ground breaking difference if youre already in an Si like myself, I did a comparison between the two shifter bases, the rocker and centering spring def gave it a nice snap. The base bushings just makes sense while youre already in there. Cable bushings give a nice translation going into gears.

Overall if you already have an Si and just daily drive it or even do spirited mexico runs, the only reason why youd do any of these is to future proof it unless someone comes with a set of upgraded cables (which i dont see needing for a long time either). Absolutely do this if you have a sport model otherwise you can hold off for a while unless you have the itch. I might be a little biased since my other car is a 90's shitbox that does things it was never intended for, so Im trying to NOT make it racecar like

photo_2021-11-01_20-46-09.jpg
As someone debating between them, what made you decide to do all of the upgrades on the stock shifter instead of buying one of acuity's? I was going to get the full kit of upgrades but didn't want to spend the money only to want the short shifter 6 months down the line.