What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The CC3 comes with a good DSP so the sound is noticeably cleaner than the stock head unit, especially at loud volumes. It's a remarkable difference. I still plan on upgrading the front speakers, but I put that to a later date.
It's essentially an android tablet, so no default honda apps. The app options are endless though since you can download and use just about anything in the google store. Games included. Climate controls work on the screen.
I have a sport model, so no right mirror camera, but it comes with a canbus unit that gives you the option to program functions to buttons. It comes with a rear camera that is miles better than the stock unit. I also ordered the dashcam as well.
Definitely want a link for that too. Was it just Essentially plug n play or did you have to do any manual wiring?

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Definitely want a link for that too. Was it just Essentially plug n play or did you have to do any manual wiring?
Plug and play for the most part. I only did some manual wiring when it came to installing the rear camera.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Plug and play for the most part. I only did some manual wiring when it came to installing the rear camera.
How does it handle the dash controls? Any problems with it controlling the car functions that are integrated into the OEM infotainment screen?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Got home from work today and had enough daylight to take the new ride to the wash. Carmax did a crappy wash job on it before I took it home but missed lots of areas, especially the wheels. Definitely more attention needed this weekend it will be another wash and a good coat of ceramic wax. Feels good to be back in a 10th gen, even though it was just a month.

20211025_183710.jpg
Cool! you step it up with a touring. wish the best of luck with it :thumbsup:

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
2 weeks to ship. I paid a $300 downpayment to get him started which was applied as a discount in this invoice. I was able to convince him to ship to me for free which could have been an extra $400 by air. I got it 2 days after shipment. They offer bigger kits and will customize it to your car and liking. Caliper and rotor hat color is baked into the price.

For those interested
Link to post:https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/brake-info-thread.62520/post-1051909
1635272656029.png
I can’t wait to see the rears.
I’m heavily debating it, I bet no one else notices but my 27Won front and stock hatch minuscule rear rotors just bothers me

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, the clunk at low speeds came back, so I put it up on jacks and did some more investigating. Through some tugging on my wheel and suspension components, I figured out that my driver side Skunk2 rear camber arm front bushing was gone, and the resultant play was 100% responsible for the clunking. It doesn't pose any immediate danger, but would wear through the bolt sleeve and bolt eventually.

I ordered some replacement bushings from Amazon that should arrive by Wed. They appear to be common for many Skunk2 products, and for $12, I'll risk it.

In the meantime, tightening the somewhat loose bolt down seems to have taken care of the rattle while I await the parts. I figure the bolt gap was created when the bushing disappeared.

I've only had these in a couple of months, so my best guess is that my buddy who installed the driver side arm either went too tight, crushing it, or too loose where there was vibration that broke it. These are polyurethane, not rubber so they can actually break.

The bushings are these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008L0GCIK?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
The Amazon bushings in my previous link were correct (confirmed by Skunk2 rep), so I fixed the Skunk2 camber arm bushings today. If you've swapped camber arms on the Hatchback, you know how fun that is! Even though it was a bitch this time too, it seemed easier because I knew what to expect. I'm riding smooth, quiet, and tight again! What was left of my old bushings came out like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211027_184639

NZ-FK4

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch RS
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Had side markers colour matched to car, in New Zealand we don't have to have these light up. also colour matched grill badge and wheel centercap H emblems.

P.S have tried to fit 20mm bolt on wheel spacers but the studs hit the pockets inside the wheel, anyone had this issue?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211025_213617

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211025_213821

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Finally switched out the OEM side markers for the smoked amber ones from @Unity Performance ! Love the way these look and the install was so simple.

IMG_4526.JPG
Love hearing and seeing that, thank you so much for supporting! On another note, mad props to @Thusee, @Cndpearlsi, and @healtoe for coming by the shop yesterday evening, and helping me pack another 200+ sets of Smoked with Amber LED's, same as you got :)

Sent out 172 today, still quite a few to send! Good to have Side Markers back in stock after non-stop COVID delays. Smoked with White are arriving middle of November

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1635387878260

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What lip is that? And I love the way that wrapped piece in front of the hood looks
I bought it on eBay from HDC Autosports, it's listed as MUG-Style Front Bumper Splitter Spoiler Lip :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294035472730

The hood piece is an upper nose trim cover from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079K985PX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was hesitant on the nose trim cover because it's 3M attached but it's advertised as protecting a vulnerable spot from chips and such. I also like the slightly more aggressive look!

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
How does it handle the dash controls? Any problems with it controlling the car functions that are integrated into the OEM infotainment screen?
My steering wheel buttons and dash controls all work as intended. I can control the volume and use the direction buttons to navigate the interface. You also get the option to program each button to do whatever you please.
With that said, you lose TPMS calibration and other built-in functions unique to the stock head unit. The turn by turn navigation on the tach is also gone. Think of it as an android tablet on your dash.
I just updated the unit, and they added quite a few refinements here and there. Video down below.

Teyes CC3 updates