What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Last night we finished up the ProCivic MG style window visors w/ blackout vinyl. I am definitely no pro at the vinyl wrap thing.

20211013_204510 (Medium).jpg

Today is the OEM fog lights/Wolo horn/eBay Grille combo going on. Can't put the grille/bumper back on until my emblems get here (Monday according to USPS). Waiting on backordered bits like everyone else to finish up other things.
20211014_171750 (Medium).jpg

20211014_171809 (Medium).jpg

20211014_171823 (Medium).jpg
How do you like the window visors? I've been considering them. I'm also no pro at vinyl wrapping, were you able to cover all of the exposed chrome and not have any bubbles in the wrap?

nicmartim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Damn, you hatchy drivers get all the cool stuff.

How do you like the window visors? I've been considering them. I'm also no pro at vinyl wrapping, were you able to cover all of the exposed chrome and not have any bubbles in the wrap?
I like their look. I haven't had the car out in the wind yet. Went straight from visors to fog lights/bumper removal. The vinyl install was an exercise in patience for me. With the ProCivic kit the supplied vinyl is sufficient to cover the chrome that the visors do not. Just use soapy water, place it and walk away. I had to come back an hour later, after some of the water had dried, to lay down the edges. Trying to lay the edges with it wet is a frustrating (impossible) endeavor. Thought about going the way of using a hair dryer, but talked myself out of it as if we messed up these one more time we would have had no choice but to buy another sheet of vinyl from ProCivic. The replacement sheet is too expensive ($10) but they wanted $17 to ship it. Ouch. Hope to get it all thrown together today, having unforeseen part issues.

The turn signal stalk that I received doesn't have the Lane Watch button on it, the eBay grille I received has a pretty bad blemish right where the emblem goes.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Got my mail today and these little trinkets were in the box.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) goodies

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a guy in Poland. Nice quality. Does Honda, Si and Type R logo versions too. Matches the stock pedals well.

https://autocovr.com/product/honda-civic-x-footrest/
I got the Honda 'H' logo version from him through ETSY. And he's really good with customer service. When the original shipment got lost, he didn't even hesitate to send another out immediately. Very responsive thru the ETSY email system. Both of them ended up arriving within a day of each other, so I put the second in my daughter's EX hatch.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I got the Honda 'H' logo version from him through ETSY. And he's really good with customer service. When the original shipment got lost, he didn't even hesitate to send another out immediately. Very responsive thru the ETSY email system. Both of them ended up arriving within a day of each other, so I put the second in my daughter's EX hatch.
What's it look like got any pics of it on?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's it look like got any pics of it on?
Sure!... And the black dots are rubber bumps that match the pedals. Not just holes where the OEM rubber dead pedal shows through. Like Gtman said, very high quality.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211016_205509

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211016_205551

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
fun day today :)
dropped her off at the stealership for what i can only assume will be a long ass time considering the issue.
i told the guy about the misfires, and showed him the videos i had, but he ended up telling me that without the cel codes (i -idiotically- cleared them to see if they come up again), they need to replicate the issue to do work on it, basically telling me that if they can't get cel codes to throw then im SOL.
he also said doing injectors on my own would be a couple grand in parts alone :')

lol it was a fun experience tho lying to his face about it being tuned: he asked what mods i had, i said intercooler intake and charge pipes, he then said you have it tuned? i said nah man that tuning stuff goes way over my head. he laughed and said i dont blame you

one thing that he said made me question his knowledge though. he asked why i put the intercooler on and i said because of heat soak i could feel the car falling on its face. he furrows his brow and says that's bs it's a stock car. i didnt even know what to say. ask anyone on here, aside from a tune, intercooler and intake are the most recommended mods to start with. everyone knows that the stock intercooler does its job for basically 3 good pulls. after that the car might as well be N/A.

now i'm stuck with an OWP hatch (no hate to hatch owners btw). good for groceries, not my style at all tho. it is odd tho, i really like the genX sedan, but i prefer the genXI hatch. the new type R is wow

Deleted member 40377

I took my nice BBS wheels with Pilot Sports off and threw the stock OEM Contis and wheels back on for winter. A little early but I want to wear down the stock tires so I can throw a dedicated snow tire on next winter. I'd do it now but why waste the remaining tread (a lot since I drove only 8000 miles on them) to just buy new winters. It's all about timing. The stock Contis all-seasons aren't necessarily bad, just not confidence inspiring.
Sponsored