What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I got my AC condenser replaced free of charge through the service bulletin that was issued not too long ago. Iā€™ve had a lot of time to get to know some of these AC issues.

I bought my Civic used on Jan 1st 2019, from that point until last summer I never encountered any ac related problems. Well July 2020 comes around my civic starts blowing hot air when itā€™s supposed to be cold. Did some reading on this forum and also watched some YouTube vids and people seemed to think the condensers were the cause for many of their AC problems.

So I go to the dealership I bought my civic from and I explain the situation to them, they ask to conduct a diag on the issue which I agree too, they end up telling me the refrigerant looks low, but they could not pinpoint the cause of the leak. I mention the condenser issue and get immediately brushed off, they were wanting to charge me $400 for the recharge service and I only agreed to it so I could get some cold air back in my car to get me through the rest of the summer.

After the recharge, I didnā€™t notice any further problems for the time being. It didnā€™t really come up again as an issue til about 2 weeks ago when warm air started blowing again, this time I took my car to my local dealership and they immediately identified the condenser as the cause for the leak and offered full replacement at no cost. Iā€™ve filed a claim with Honda Corporate for a refund on the original recharge service as their service manager has been uncooperative with owning up to their error.

Just figured Iā€™d share my experience, if youā€™ve read this far along all I can say is thank you!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 32E45278-FA3C-4C5E-9623-69E8CAE6189F

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not entirely car related, BUT I used my car to go pick it up! Was FINALLY able to buy a new PC as one FINALLY came into stock in my area that was reasonably priced with the parts I wanted. Tis a setback on some car parts, but absolutely worth it. Plus the box fit oh so well in my Hatchback's trunk <3

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 6455900_rd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Not entirely car related, BUT I used my car to go pick it up! Was FINALLY able to buy a new PC as one FINALLY came into stock in my area that was reasonably priced with the parts I wanted. Tis a setback on some car parts, but absolutely worth it. Plus the box fit oh so well in my Hatchback's trunk <3
Specs?

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
You prepping for Halo Infinite or Battlefield? :hmm:
Both should be dope. Gonna check out the open beta for 2042 soon. I'm part of the Halo insider flight testing which is currently active.

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Parts, parts, and more parts. Upgraded the horn today. Wolo unit from College Hills Honda. I found it helpful to remove the entire low note horn assembly with the bracket, then remove and replace the OEM horn with the upgraded unit, then reinstall the entire assembly at once. If you don't, you'll find it very difficult to replace and you'll end up having to remove the intercooler piping (hot side) from the intercooler. Very tight tolerances in there. Worth the upgrade. The OEM horn sounds like 7 year old kid and the Wolo projects like a full grown man.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 65olsrWGO1UsMEXR8VIXLmPjE=w967-h1289-no?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 5yC7zrl8HqvnCVsgdZbu70PS0=w967-h1289-no?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) qB6qUD2COx4dh3quSbsezyj9k=w967-h1289-no?authuser=0