What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it's official. Before the pandemic people were kind of nuts. Based on what I saw today, people are now 100% certifiably insane.

I was on the highway going to work this morning just keeping up with traffic and doing around 70-75 in the fast lane. In my rear view mirror I saw a car driving like a bat out of hell, weaving in and out of traffic. It was a Jetta. He's in the middle lane and as he got closer I'd say he was doing 100+.

Well, he wants to move into the fast lane and makes a move that was nothing short of asshole insanity. At 100 mph in the middle lane he gets within inches of the car in front on him. Last second, without looking and without slowing down he switches into my lane. The problem? I'm right there. All I could think was "are you really gonna do this, motherfucker?". He does. I slammed on my brakes with every last ounce of stopping power the Civic could muster. Amazingly, I was able to avoid him hitting me by what seemed like a fraction of an inch.

As he gets into my lane, his car starts fishtailing badly. He almost lost it into a concrete barrier on the shoulder.

The kicker? About 1/4 mile ahead traffic was at a standstill.

Just another day dealing with the maniacs in the Baltimore metro area.
A$$wipe was probably late for work because he left too late or was too hammered from the night before to leave early enough to get to work on time. I laugh at those assholes and have no sympathy. I think to myself yeah, hope they're late and hope they get fired.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Best looking civing on this forum in my opinion ?? I love this style, keep it up!
And as far as I know, the only Civing on this forum. ;)

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
So it's official. Before the pandemic people were kind of nuts. Based on what I saw today, people are now 100% certifiably insane.

I was on the highway going to work this morning just keeping up with traffic and doing around 70-75 in the fast lane. In my rear view mirror I saw a car driving like a bat out of hell, weaving in and out of traffic. It was a Jetta. He's in the middle lane and as he got closer I'd say he was doing 100+.

Well, he wants to move into the fast lane and makes a move that was nothing short of asshole insanity. At 100 mph in the middle lane he gets within inches of the car in front on him. Last second, without looking and without slowing down he switches into my lane. The problem? I'm right there. All I could think was "are you really gonna do this, motherfucker?". He does. I slammed on my brakes with every last ounce of stopping power the Civic could muster. Amazingly, I was able to avoid him hitting me by what seemed like a fraction of an inch.

As he gets into my lane, his car starts fishtailing badly. He almost lost it into a concrete barrier on the shoulder.

The kicker? About 1/4 mile ahead traffic was at a standstill.

Just another day dealing with the maniacs in the Baltimore metro area.
?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 703n7cfw0g2z

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
And as far as I know, the only Civing on this forum. ;)
I was typing right after i woke up ? possible that my phone messed it up ??‍♂
—————————————————
On topic:

Finally washed my car after more than one month, it got so dirty i couldn’t look at it but everytime i had off from work, it was raining ?
Also i got this ‚ceramic spray coat/wax’ to try, i’m not expecting much but won’t know until i use it ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) FD8E010C-2973-45EC-9BCC-26DB3E4F5AA9

Super easy to apply, leaves super smooth layer, hopefully stuff won’t stick that easy to paint anymore. We’ll see if worth to buy.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 347BD35A-7D62-48EC-84B1-5C5F870DAF75

Also finally replaced my lug nuts for decent quality, that i’m happy with!
Got Gorilla Automotive black nuts:

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Auto...nuts&qid=1627222181&sprefix=Gorilla+l&sr=8-31

Very solid, steel, closed ended (important here in North Jersey with rainy/windy/snowy weather).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F2183AFF-CE08-49B9-B50E-DC34F19BAC77

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 22F30183-F332-419C-B14F-21725FF26AE1

PS: Don’t buy these lug nuts ever:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0943Q1X8D?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

They are so bad quality - rubber that should protect from water/dust breaks when you tighten them, those alluminum caps are so weak then break in hands, scratches so easy, and lock wrench lasts basically only to put lug nuts in place and take them off - if you wanna do it again, it will strip 100%.

If someone wants cheap lug nuts for aftermarket wheels - I strongly recommend these Whight Knights:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Knight...ild=1&keywords=lug+nuts&qid=1628629183&sr=8-3

Very durable, steel lug nuts, paint is not best quality but survived 3-4 times changing them and only little scratches on it. I just wanted replace them because needed something longer for look ??

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Brought my car in to the dealer for some maintenance work today. I asked them to check the alignment as well. The service advisor immediately says " your alignment is fine, but you need a rotation".

I guess I gotta get out more. Apparently they have a gizmo that checks your alignment/tire tread as you pull into the service area. I had no idea.

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Installed the dc sports strut bar. Wasn’t expecting much performance wise but damn does it look good. Bought some titanium sleeves from autozone because there was a hose making contact with the bar and the plastic one that it comes with looks ugly.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 63CA7933-F233-4B95-90FB-F23835811964

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) EFAE2EE1-3CD9-4801-80DA-6D899A100026