What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

blackdiamond

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatchie
Country flag
Ok wrapped and installed side pieces... 2 different type of carbon fibre print... outside is done in the traditional and the inside is chopped like (what they are using on high end builds) looks like camo.... Ido like how its low profile to point... easy install... took 5 mins... a hour to wrap...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210627_192236
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210627_192246
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210627_192331

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Pulled out my driveway, then onto the street to check the mail on Saturday and before i pulled off i removed a shard of what looked like shrapnel from a busted window from my front tire. Cruised to the movie theater to see the latest Fast and Furious only to be greeted shortly after the movie with a low tire prompt. In my head I'm like "These are damn-near new tires; HOW SWAY?" I pull over and did a full walkaround and didn't notice any immediate difference and chalked it up to "typical Honda" so i pull off. It wasn't until i noticed the car struggling to gain speed, then the sway began, then the steering wheel just laughed at anything i tried to throw at it. Pulled over AGAIN in a Publix parking lot to inspect and sure enough, a not-so visible sidewall puncture. Managed to limp it home only to be greeted with a furious gf because i forgot to pick up rice noodles even AFTER i explained why. :rolleyes: I swear every time i mention something about Amee (my Si) she just writes it off like, "oh, that bitch!" ? Managed to get a replacement left rear installed by Goodyear the next day and she's back to doing daily 100's! ? Excuse the filth; she hasn't been washed this whole month due to the insurer of the responsible party who hit me poking ass on owning up to their fuckery.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210628_094649-01

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
new wheels and tires (aodhan ds08 18x8.5 +35 with michelin ps4s 245/40) type r diffuser, tail lights, type r shifter with acuity upgrades, shift boot/collar/knob, eibach pro kit lowering springs (to be installed)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F45B1BC7-7536-46CF-8B1A-AA174339402A

anyone have suggestions on what color to make my calipers? the red is fading and i don’t like how it clashes with the gold. i’m thinking black blue or gold for the next color.

the tires make so much of a difference i highly recommend

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Talk about a good day turned to shit...

After waiting a month for some real carbon fiber pieces I ordered from Thailand, the box arrived on my porch today. I was like a kid at Christmas. Everything was wrapped really well.

But... there's always a but... two pieces were defective. One had a hairline crack and one piece had a small dent in it. I contacted the seller and hopefully he'll send replacements. :confused:

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
On a good note, here's one of the non-defective pieces that came in:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) imageedit_3_4407948018-01

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed this 'carbon fiber" piece today, yes I'm about to detail the rest of the mess I made after my road trip tp Gulf Shores AL
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1624993078656

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made my last car payment! Well, technically last night, but still, officially paid off, and 18 months early, no less. I knew I was gonna pay it off soon, so I pre-emptively bought a celebratory car part. For now, a teaser (it's been a while since I played with my SLR and even longer since I messed with DOF stuff, so don't judge the blurred center of the pic too hard.... lol)
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 69R8ECY

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So.. the box in my previous post had genuine Mugen FK7/8 window vent visors. Evasive Motorsports had the best price at $240 plus reasonable shipping (I think standard was like $15 and 3-day was $21? Compared to the $250 price plus 90+ shipping I found on sites like King Motorsports and Nengun). They texted me that it was gonna be a 2+ week wait, told them I was cool with it, and I got a shipping notification 6 days after that text exchange. I had some replicas, but 3 days of 100F heat made the rears warp so they were rattling against the window at highway speeds. Let's just hope the Mugen ones don't warp, otherwise I'll prolly be a bit sad.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 7uIaRcO

Honestly, the replicas looked the part, save for the lack of the plastic pins the Mugen ones have. With the real Mugen ones, the car looks about the same as it did before, but with a few differences. The genuine Mugen ones are a shade lighter than the replicas, there's a rubber bit on the back.. third.. of the fronts that hover just off the window, and this sexy little bit:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) xhiMsTb

Yeah, they were a bit expensive, but it makes me happy.

p.s. don't mind the dirty ass car. Vegas decided to have a torrential downpour for like.. 5-10 minutes yesterday

Last edited: