What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
Looks like Christmas under there! Ho Ho Low! ?

I thought the Teins were true coilovers. Do they have adjustable dampening, or are they just more robust shocks for spring lowered cars?
Hahahahahah facts bro !

So the ones are chose are endura pros they are higher quality struts and shocks replacement. I've had to use oem upper mounts. Bump stops etc ! It's more for spring lowered cars . I blew my oem shocks and struts because I went 1 year with eibach pro kit and then to sportlines but right now quality feels new I just need an alignment and it'll feel better

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Finished my bms intercooler yesterday. Iā€™ll drive it today and test it out. Fitment was good and overall finish was good. Its a 299 dollar cooler so I wasnā€™t expecting a flawless work of art.
EF8F0E1F-D76C-46C5-9383-BDA368459BE0.jpeg
Eyeing one. Got any impressions so far? I have upgraded Injen cooler pipes ready to go too just was thinking Iā€™d save a bit of cash on the unit itself and go BMS

slowRthanU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic hatch
Country flag
Eyeing one. Got any impressions so far? I have upgraded Injen cooler pipes ready to go too just was thinking Iā€™d save a bit of cash on the unit itself and go BMS
Drove a tad over 90 miles today. Temps were much lower within 8-12* of ambient temps. This thing is thick!
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F32A5C05-1B40-4E54-AFA0-63BCDCD19CCD

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Hahahahahah facts bro !

So the ones are chose are endura pros they are higher quality struts and shocks replacement. I've had to use oem upper mounts. Bump stops etc ! It's more for spring lowered cars . I blew my oem shocks and struts because I went 1 year with eibach pro kit and then to sportlines but right now quality feels new I just need an alignment and it'll feel better
Did your oem shocks/struts blow because of using pro-kit, then going to sportline? Or just because you were lowered on springs? Iā€™ve been running the pro-kit for about a year (roughly 8k miles).

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
Did your oem shocks/struts blow because of using pro-kit, then going to sportline? Or just because you were lowered on springs? Iā€™ve been running the pro-kit for about a year (roughly 8k miles).
Blew because going from pro kit to sportline. Didn't help since I was lowered I started driving like a bad ass now lesson learned lol. But if you had yours for that long you are set your oem shocks are still good with a mild drop. I wouldn't have this problem if I went for sportlines at first

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Blew because going from pro kit to sportline. Didn't help since I was lowered I started driving like a bad ass now lesson learned lol. But if you had yours for that long you are set your oem shocks are still good with a mild drop. I wouldn't have this problem if I went for sportlines at first
Ahh ok. Had me worried for a sec.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got this paragraph from a K Sport analysis for springs vs. coilovers (see link).

Lowering Springs vs. Coilovers - Pros, Cons & Uses - Ksport USA

" Accelerated shock wear is an additional problem with lowering springs. This often results in poor ride quality over time. The ride can start to feel ā€œbouncyā€ or ā€œsoftā€ when your shocks are going out. If this feeling occurs before suspension adjustment, it will worsen after. We suggest upgrading your shocks when you upgrade your springs to be able to take on more land."

Springs are a very affordable way to get the car dropped. However, it all starts with the shock. Lowering the car on OEM shocks compresses their travel away from the nominal range, towards the fully compressed region, and increases the fluid transfer rate, due to the increased spring rate, making them work harder. Extended driving on an insufficient or failing shock forces the spring to compensate for the lack of positive/negative feedback provided by the shock, which will eventually soften the spring.

I'm not suggesting everyone needs to go out and get new shocks right away; only to pay attention to their daily ride quality, and to get adequate shocks in time to prevent damage to the spring.

I'm personally going straight to coilovers, but I wanted the adjustability, and am aware of the ride quality. I ordered mine with options to provide reasonable daily driving. Now if the damn things would ever ship!!!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I got this paragraph from a K Sport analysis for springs vs. coilovers (see link).

Lowering Springs vs. Coilovers - Pros, Cons & Uses - Ksport USA

" Accelerated shock wear is an additional problem with lowering springs. This often results in poor ride quality over time. The ride can start to feel ā€œbouncyā€ or ā€œsoftā€ when your shocks are going out. If this feeling occurs before suspension adjustment, it will worsen after. We suggest upgrading your shocks when you upgrade your springs to be able to take on more land."

Springs are a very affordable way to get the car dropped. However, it all starts with the shock. Lowering the car on OEM shocks compresses their travel away from the nominal range, towards the fully compressed region, and increases the fluid transfer rate, due to the increased spring rate, making them work harder. Extended driving on an insufficient or failing shock forces the spring to compensate for the lack of positive/negative feedback provided by the shock, which will eventually soften the spring.

I'm not suggesting everyone needs to go out and get new shocks right away; only to pay attention to their daily ride quality, and to get adequate shocks in time to prevent damage to the spring.

I'm personally going straight to coilovers, but I wanted the adjustability, and am aware of the ride quality. I ordered mine with options to provide reasonable daily driving. Now if the damn things would ever ship!!!
Yeah, I kinda knew most of that. But I didnā€™t really need/want the adjustability, so the cost of coils wasnā€™t really justified. I donā€™t drive my car very hard (most of the time), so hopefully Iā€™ll be good for a while....

...and for my si, I donā€™t want to lose the adaptive dampening, so when/if I decide to lower, Iā€™m going with springs as well.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I kinda knew most of that. But I didnā€™t really need/want the adjustability, so the cost of coils wasnā€™t really justified. I donā€™t drive my car very hard (most of the time), so hopefully Iā€™ll be good for a while....

...and for my si, I donā€™t want to lose the adaptive dampening, so when/if I decide to lower, Iā€™m going with springs as well.
I noticed you were in an SI right after I posted, but figured it might help others that are trying to make the decision. I think the adaptive dampening takes care of that in nearly the same way as the coilovers.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Always good to go coilovers if you can afford to. Lowering springs will always be the more ghetto option that will have the possibility of blowing your struts, unless you buy better ones like koni yellows

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always good to go coilovers if you can afford to. Lowering springs will always be the more ghetto option that will have the possibility of blowing your struts, unless you buy better ones like koni yellows
or you don't drop it like 2 inches...there are options that lower the car about 1'' max front and back, it's what i have on my car and i can't imagine these to be any real different to the normal springs honestly for the shocks, they probably ride 8 or 10mm lower in their travel range if you think about it it's really not much of a change...it just removed that extra unneeded clearance that makes the car look weird.

And if they blow, will replace for better ones as for everything with this car, she has 4500km now and i can't wait for the brakes to be due LOL XD

ALso, on my previous 2016 coupe she wasn't lowered and i still blew a rear shock at around 40 000km, so yeah :)

Last edited:

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
tinted my headlights and fog lights, removed my front license plate. i need to refresh the PRL on my fmic, also i think a front lip is in order
F3CAB7C3-992D-4858-9FA8-A4B7FE239209.jpeg
Looks awesome! I plan to tint headlights and fog lights too (already ordered Lamin-x pieces for fogs) just question - how about brightness at night? Do you have LEDā€™s? Did you notice visible difference? Iā€™m worried that with that kind of tint i will see less at night on LEDs

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Drove a tad over 90 miles today. Temps were much lower within 8-12* of ambient temps. This thing is thick!
Well Iā€™m sold then. No negative drive feel? People mention lag
Sponsored