What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it really is! I don't know about you but I don't like wearing sunglasses so it definitely helps a lot, excited to get a tint strip I feel like it'll help much more being that I can see out of it too hahah
If you hate wearing sunglasses, might I suggest that you also tint the entire front windshield in 80% ceramic, then lay the 5% visor strip over that. Cops can't tell the window is tinted, and the ceramic keeps the UV off the dash.

It doesn't cause any problem seeing at night, and cuts down some oncoming traffic glare too.?
Sponsored

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(Sorry to hijack your post) Did you replace your door speakers? That looks like maybe the JL Audio C1-650? I've been looking at those and wonder how they sound?
I did not but the previous owner may have, I believe they are the factory ones though based on what other mods they did to the car. I really know nothing about speakers but I am looking to learn about them and get a better system for this car. The bass and sound quality in general is just lacking.

Last edited:
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Installed (double sided tape) a civic sportline-style spoiler I got off ebay. As much as I would have liked the UKDM OEM one that @stephenmeadows is selling, I couldn't quite justify the price tag. I'd rather spend that kinda money on rims and tires. This will do for now until I have an absurd amount of disposable income and my other toys stop getting upgraded, too.

I might take care of that small blemish on the top (you can see it in the 2nd pic) if it really starts to bother me. I have no intentions on making her a show car.
VbaOq2T.jpg

DbzGeIQ.jpg

bTYg5oE.jpg
Sport line wing is looking good. Where’d you get it from?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine's not a genuine one. That one too rich for my blood at the moment (and my other toys taking my car mod funds). This one was off ebay, and here's the link I bought from. They included some double sided tape, but I didn't know how much I could trust it, so I used some Gorilla brand double sided tape I had laying around.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Mine's not a genuine one. That one too rich for my blood at the moment (and my other toys taking my car mod funds). This one was off ebay, and here's the link I bought from. They included some double sided tape, but I didn't know how much I could trust it, so I used some Gorilla brand double sided tape I had laying around.
Yeah, I haven't had good luck with generic double sided tape, in fact I've had to redo a couple of different mods with 3M tape.

BTW, I noticed your Navy veteran plates. If you see a blue 2020 Si with Air Force plates it's probably me!

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(Sorry to hijack your post) Did you replace your door speakers? That looks like maybe the JL Audio C1-650? I've been looking at those and wonder how they sound?
As someone who has had those JL speakers, i can attest that even though they do sound great, they are a bit too controlled on the treble end. (See my setup for my first gen 10 hatchback in showcase).

I went with Alpines on my 2nd hatch (see my setup for second build in showcase) because I would rather have to supress the tweeter with eq than not be able to push through the mid.

The amps and subs in both systems were JL.

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
Turned the keys over to the wife and started driving her Honda Accord Hybrid.

With the gas shortages in the SE Region, the HAH gets better mpg's and holds more fuel. I've gone from 450 a tank to 650 miles in a tank. 40MPG avg to 50MPG avg. Going to try and nurse those MPG's a little higher.

mixy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I installed a new front & rear dashcam (VIOFO A129 Plus Duo) and mounted my R3 to the rearview mirror. Hardwired both. I've never hardwired anything before, but it was a pretty fun experience getting to see inside the trim pieces!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210515_130818

Edelgado

First Name
EJD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 accord sport / 2021 civic sport
Country flag
Your car looks awesome!
I’m from NJ as well and i hate our plates too lol, how is driving without front plate working for you? Did you ever got pulled over because of that? I’m like 50/50 about removing it because it’s my daily (mostly to work and back) and i know if they pull me over because of no front plate, they’ll be ‘beeping’ about too much tint as well ?
Im in CT where we're also required to have a front plate and I don't run mine. Haven't been pulled over yet *knocks on wood* but I don't have tints

Leaux

First Name
Leaux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I removed the dealer ad plate. I let the hatch sit in the sun to heat it up well. Gently pulled it off and used a plastic scraper to help. Then used Goo Be Gone to get the rest. I’m thinking about removing the CIVIC letters to make the rear symmetrical. Should I?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1621378843619

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
I removed the dealer ad plate. I let the hatch sit in the sun to heat it up well. Gently pulled it off and used a plastic scraper to help. Then used Goo Be Gone to get the rest. I’m thinking about removing the CIVIC letters to make the rear symmetrical. Should I?

1621378843619.jpeg
I wouldn't. I think a little asymmetry is cool.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

1621378843619.jpeg
Keeping the car for a while?
Do a quick search of debaged civics and pick what you like best!
I took everything except the "H" of my LX msm sedan and loved it for how clean it looked! Front and back just clean.

This car 19 SI with the red letters of the SI, I added the Red "H" , and got a vinyl set for the civic. So now it all has a matching theme.

You do you!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200420_150855_097

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210403_165017

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200716_155531_427

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
UR trunk brace. Easy enough to install, I cut little holes in the carpet and cranked it down in there. No difference in handing on its own but in conjunction with all the other suspension bits, def feeling solid.

The other move was a Phoenix radio, huge touchscreen, wireless carplay, MASSIVE upgrade over the dismal factory head unit.

7F20B06F-4E74-41CF-91DA-BF6D3964A533.jpeg

1D06DB47-4DD2-43D1-B31B-437AD661011C.jpeg

23A00477-1A63-44E0-B6B3-D201725F5558.jpeg

47FD437C-D2F1-46DB-90CD-4499CB5A187E.jpeg
NICE radio upgrade!!