What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
UR trunk brace. Easy enough to install, I cut little holes in the carpet and cranked it down in there. No difference in handing on its own but in conjunction with all the other suspension bits, def feeling solid.

The other move was a Phoenix radio, huge touchscreen, wireless carplay, MASSIVE upgrade over the dismal factory head unit.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 7F20B06F-4E74-41CF-91DA-BF6D3964A533

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1D06DB47-4DD2-43D1-B31B-437AD661011C

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 23A00477-1A63-44E0-B6B3-D201725F5558

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 47FD437C-D2F1-46DB-90CD-4499CB5A187E

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Got 2021 ex hatchback. Did the armrest switch out to leather. Bought parts from oempartsource. Did the hinge torque as well so armrest doesn’t slam down when closing. The left and right arm rest were super easy as you pop those right off. With changing the hinge torque that took some time. Have to pry off the back plastic piece then take the arm rest out but they had c or e clips on them which I never dealt with before. Those took awhile to pry off as I wanted to be super careful not to scratch things. Used two tiny screw drivers and a plastic edge piece. Looks great now without that cloth. Will replace two front doors and rear later on.
The door armrests are very easy!

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed my acuity short shifter. I’m still waiting on the knob and boot retainer to arrive. I will definitely shorten the throw (currently at 3) and might shorten the knob height. Depends on how tall the acuity esco knob sits when I get it. I might shorten the gate spacing as well. All I want to do now is drive the car more!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3F030842-9D4B-419E-993C-4CEA2F459DAE
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 7B4C79F5-E24A-45B4-A57B-DF5DECFC3EB1

mixy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
UR trunk brace. Easy enough to install, I cut little holes in the carpet and cranked it down in there. No difference in handing on its own but in conjunction with all the other suspension bits, def feeling solid.

The other move was a Phoenix radio, huge touchscreen, wireless carplay, MASSIVE upgrade over the dismal factory head unit.

7F20B06F-4E74-41CF-91DA-BF6D3964A533.jpeg

1D06DB47-4DD2-43D1-B31B-437AD661011C.jpeg

23A00477-1A63-44E0-B6B3-D201725F5558.jpeg

47FD437C-D2F1-46DB-90CD-4499CB5A187E.jpeg
Where did you get that head unit? Been looking to upgrade mine.

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot that cars that have the climate control built into the HU can't really upgrade their HU. ?

Last edited:

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Where did you get that head unit? Been looking to upgrade mine.

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot that cars that have the climate control built into the HU can't really upgrade their HU. ?
actually, this head unit displays the climate control when i use it! but yeah there must be another version for those models.

and for your original question I got it from a guy on here.

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
I installed my acuity short shifter. I’m still waiting on the knob and boot retainer to arrive. I will definitely shorten the throw (currently at 3) and might shorten the knob height. Depends on how tall the acuity esco knob sits when I get it. I might shorten the gate spacing as well. All I want to do now is drive the car more!

7B4C79F5-E24A-45B4-A57B-DF5DECFC3EB1.jpeg
(Sorry to hijack your post) Did you replace your door speakers? That looks like maybe the JL Audio C1-650? I've been looking at those and wonder how they sound?

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Removed my front plate.. again.

I got so tired of looking at New Jersey's ugly ass yellow license plate, once I took it off I started nutting again and feeling alive

probably taking off my empanada window banner soon and opting for a tint strip, I think it'll look real good and add to the white/black aesthetic

1620736129102.png
Good dark ceramic film brow! Makes a difference!
Tales a bit of the strain off the eyes as well!
I like the black and white combo!

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good dark ceramic film brow! Makes a difference!
Tales a bit of the strain off the eyes as well!
I like the black and white combo!
thanks bro! love the black/white clean look, I'm a sucker for uniformity lol

you talking about my window banner? Agreed it takes some strain off my eyes during my morning/evening commute but I'm actually going to take it off this week, getting my tints re done this saturday and going to opt for a tint strip instead. It's annoying sometimes because it's not see through so sometimes I have to peek my head under to see the traffic light if I go too close lol

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks bro! love the black/white clean look, I'm a sucker for uniformity lol

you talking about my window banner? Agreed it takes some strain off my eyes during my morning/evening commute but I'm actually going to take it off this week, getting my tints re done this saturday and going to opt for a tint strip instead. It's annoying sometimes because it's not see through so sometimes I have to peek my head under to see the traffic light if I go too close lol
Yea! I have a window brow, it's great! If your shop has a ceramic film it can help keep the heat off you as well. I got a really dark film for mine. Love it but I need a new windshield and will need to pay for another brow.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea! I have a window brow, it's great! If your shop has a ceramic film it can help keep the heat off you as well. I got a really dark film for mine. Love it but I need a new windshield and will need to pay for another brow.
it really is! I don't know about you but I don't like wearing sunglasses so it definitely helps a lot, excited to get a tint strip I feel like it'll help much more being that I can see out of it too hahah

if I ever opt for another banner I'll definitely look into ceramic film i didn't think of that, however my banners tend to get pretty messed up eventually because of all the seasons here. The one I have now is pretty ripped up in a corner because of all the snow

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Removed my front plate.. again.

I got so tired of looking at New Jersey's ugly ass yellow license plate, once I took it off I started nutting again and feeling alive

probably taking off my empanada window banner soon and opting for a tint strip, I think it'll look real good and add to the white/black aesthetic

1620736129102.png
Your car looks awesome!
I’m from NJ as well and i hate our plates too lol, how is driving without front plate working for you? Did you ever got pulled over because of that? I’m like 50/50 about removing it because it’s my daily (mostly to work and back) and i know if they pull me over because of no front plate, they’ll be ‘beeping’ about too much tint as well ?