What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Nothing you can do for prevention, other then replacing your pollen filter on time so the evaporator stays clean. I use my a/c any time I’m in the car wether it is hot or cold out, defrosting it’s on and same when on a hot day. Just don’t hesitate to take it in if you hear any weird noises or notice any performance issues with your Ac.
I'll keep and eye and ear on it. Hoping it doesn't have an issue.
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
My rear bumper reflector brake lights with sequential turn signals were delivered today, like 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Pretty impressed by that EBay shipping considering I ordered less than 2 weeks ago.

BrightFriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
My rear bumper reflector brake lights with sequential turn signals were delivered today, like 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Pretty impressed by that EBay shipping considering I ordered less than 2 weeks ago.
cant wait for the pics :cool:

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m gonna try and install my read trunk lid today. Hopefully I’ll get it right this time. Last time I almost couldn’t get it off because the tape was sticking pretty good and I didn’t have the darn thing centered. My poor boyfriend didn’t know why I was flipping out lol. Gonna try and install it later when it cools down. Too hot outside right now ???

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna try and install my read trunk lid today. Hopefully I’ll get it right this time. Last time I almost couldn’t get it off because the tape was sticking pretty good and I didn’t have the darn thing centered. My poor boyfriend didn’t know why I was flipping out lol. Gonna try and install it later when it cools down. Too hot outside right now ???
Actually, the hotter the better for a 3M tape install. Test fit the spoiler first and put masking tape down as an outline. It will make it easier to line up and install properly.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, the hotter the better for a 3M tape install. Test fit the spoiler first and put masking tape down as an outline. It will make it easier to line up and install properly.
I put the tape along the inner side of the top instead of the lip because I figure it wouldn’t stick down enough or be flushed. You think it would be okay there or should I move it up some?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) image

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) image

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
After having the hasport 62a rear motor mount for about 900 miles it still vibrates like crazy especially if i have the AC on or im in traffic dead stop. The vibration has gotten better since the install. Keep in mind my civic is cvt D.D I've heard that these take between 1k-2k miles to break in but idk of thats true. I have noticed better traction and less wheel hop which is a plus
Overall, would you still say it's been a worthwhile upgrade? Or if you'd known it would still be vibrating like crazy after 900 miles, would you have skipped it? Basically, I'm wondering if the benefits outweigh the negatives

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for anyone who uses 3M tape for their spoilers, do you put the spoiler right on the edge of taillight or do you leave a little bit of gap?

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
Overall, would you still say it's been a worthwhile upgrade? Or if you'd known it would still be vibrating like crazy after 900 miles, would you have skipped it? Basically, I'm wondering if the benefits outweigh the negatives
To me It is a worthwhile upgrade I feel more connected with the car now. Surprisingly today the vibration has gone down even with the A/C on. Then again i did take a long trip up to Hampton New Hampshire yesterday. I feel like it will break in between 1k to 2k ill report back on it. Personally I'd say the benefits outweight the negatives.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I put the tape along the inner side of the top instead of the lip because I figure it wouldn’t stick down enough or be flushed. You think it would be okay there or should I move it up some?

image.jpg

image.jpg
Tape job looks great. I mean you could move that piece up a bit but it would be trial and error. You could even put a piece in the center area for extra peace of mind.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tape job looks great. I mean you could move that piece up a bit but it would be trial and error. You could even put a piece in the center area for extra peace of mind.
Unfortunately after running a strip in the middle then having to take the spoiler off to reposition, the middle strip came off so I went ahead and pulled it off. It was definitely hard to line the points on each corner up to the exact without any help. After pushing it firmly down, I did 3 strips of painters tape to hold it down firmly so it doesn’t move overnight. I waited til it cooled off to install it since it was super hot earlier and I was having a hard time getting it even on the trunk lid.
It was a P.I.T.A to put on. That tape was not cheap. I think the first time when I messed up and having to take some fishing line to get the tape off, I must have nicked up the corner of the taillight. :(
Sponsored